“Prix fixe meal is a good deal”
Review of Bistro 821

Bistro 821
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 821 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,005 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: 2017 Is Bistro 821's 23rd year in business. All these years we have prided ourselves as being the Small Locally Owned Bistro on 5th Ave South. Friendly service, excellent food and a great atmosphere are our specialties. Don't Miss the Miso Saki Sea Bass or Thai Spiced Snapper if you Like Fish, or The Ribeye Steak or Pot Roast for the Meat and Potato lovers.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We both had the "tasting menu," which consisted of a starter, salad, and main course. You don't have a choice of the two starter courses, but there is some choice of a main course. I don't know if the first two are always the same, but the night we ate there they were a "spring roll" stuffed with goat cheese and a green salad with dried fruit and nuts. Both were very good, but the spring roll was the richest I've ever eaten. My main course was the miso and saki sea bass and my wife's was a snapper dish. The sea bass, as other reviewers have said, was delicious; the snapper was also good, but not in the same class. For $35 each, these tasting menus are a good deal, especially for a restaurant on 5th Avenue.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

A co-worker of my husband's recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The food, the ambiance, just being able to sit outside and eat in January (we came from snowy Massachusetts) made the evening wonderful. Our waiter was very patient and answered all questions posed. The food was a little on the pricy side but they do offer two specials which include full meals. I am a small eater so the one which offered one 6-oz. filet was perfect - but you have to ask. We would definitely go back should we return to Naples and are sure that our friends, with whom we visited, will be bringing their other guests there, too.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Dining in Naples during the "season" call be challenging! It's crowded and the crowd tends to dine early. So, why then, why do the 5th Avenue eateries (Naples busiest and brightest) offer early dining specials?? Beats me!! But they do and I'm a BIG fan!! A perfect example would be Bistro 821. This is a definite "upscale" eatery, in a prime location on 5th Avenue that has no buisiness offering incentives for early dining. Frankly, I just don't get it!! Example: 2 entres and a bottle of wine for $32! Okay, it's "low end" (read: cheap) wine, but the end result is the same. You get very decent food AND a bottle of wine and you go away happy and content! As to the food: My wife had lemon sole and I had a pork tenderloin dish both of which were well portioned, well prepared, well seasoned and well presented. Over-all service was what you would expect from an establishment like Bistro 821...excellent! Dine an hour later and expect your tab to double or triple! Hurry in before they change their minds!!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We visited the week between Christmas and New Years. I had an incredible prawn dinner on sushi rice cake. I would highly recommend it. We ate inside and did not have great service. Our server acted like we were a bother. It was noisy, and we were seated against the wall, very close to other diners. Our meals were delicious, but cost about $30.00 each.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We had a beautiful night in Naples and took advantage of the early bird special. The portions were smaller, but with the salad we had plenty of food! Our meal was fantastic - I had filet and my had paella. Our waiter (John) was excellent! We really enjoyed our meal and will be back.

1  Thank Silver7246