“Not so "wicked good" anymore....”

Foxboro Sports Tavern
Ranked #301 of 1,005 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Since 2003 Foxboro Sports Tavern is the Sports Theemed Restaurant all others are measured by... Home to All New England Sports Teams, and the local Lely Trojans, Foxboro has been call by many The Best Sports Tavern they've ever been to! Food is Wicked Awesome and 2-4-1 Happy Hour on Selected Cocktails & House wine and great draft beer specials is a great compliment to the wonderful service that's provided by Thom Popoli and the outstanding staff of Foxboro Sports Tavern! Foxboro Sports Tavern has been featured by NESN, The Boston Herald, Boston Globe, Naples Daily News, Ft. Myers News Press and many other publications as the quinticential Sports Theemed Restaurant with over 55 Monitors and all sporting networks you'll never miss a play!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friends and family have dined here for years. This place was always a must when we would head over to Naples. We were there on the evening (7:00p) of Saturday, September 7th. There were four (4) of us in our party and the place wasn't crowded AT ALL for a Saturday night. I soon discovered why. Our server was trying to take our drink order before we even sat down and seemed annoyed that we asked for a moment to sit and browse the menu prior to ordering anything. We ordered an appetizer of the corn dog nuggets and while they came out in a timely manner, it looked like they had spent a little too much time in the fryer. We had been out and about in the sun all day so we just brushed off the burnt ones and ate the ones that didn't look like they would break our teeth. We ordered our entrees and were all disappointed by them. The meatball sub contained three (3) obviously previously frozen, out of the bag meatballs. Honestly, we could have walked next door to Subway for a better meatball sub for half the price. The fish and chips (our server was unsure what type of fish it was and couldn't be bothered to find out) was overly battered and over cooked. A few pieces on my plate were simply overcooked, large batter pieces sans fish. The pizza was bland and unmemorable. The Monte Cristo was over fried (much like the rest of our orders) and barely edible. The raspberry "preserves" were nothing more than some store bought raspberry jelly dumped into a plastic cup.

I will say their house beer (I believe the Wicked Red Ale or something like that) was quite tasty and was served in a large, chilled glass. Quite a steal at $2.00.

This used to be our go-to place as we are originally from the Boston area and loved the New England sports theme. Sadly, this place has taken a downward spiral and we will now be avoiding it like the plague.

1  Thank pixistick1605

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have been there several times now, gotta say the lobster BLT was fantastic.... Great bartenders and waitstaff.....place could use a bit more cleaning and some updating but it is a sports bar so.....but all in all the foods good and the prices reasonable!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We tried to visit during Winter 2012 & couldn't get in due to the Patriots football crowd during gameday. Tried again this August during off season wanting to watch Red Sox game. One waitress for the whole restaurant. She was scattered and brought the wrong meal to me. My friends were done eating when my food showed up. Had scrod special which was ok but not great. They need to pay attention to the details !

1  Thank SusanFt_Lauderdale
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Foxboro in Naples has a great menu and drink specials. The menu has a lot on it-something for everyone-great pizza, specialty sandwiches, steaks, and hamburgers. Last night I got the sliders-yum. I ate a few and planned on having the other ones for lunch the next day but I had an unfortunate accident while going to put the sliders in a to-go box and they went on the floor instead-what a disappointment! But not for long our waitresses replaced the burger for me. I would have to say that I have not had that nice of service the whole eight years I've lived in Naples! If you like good food and a local atmosphere with great service you will love Foxboro!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Lobster rolls are really stuffed full of chunks. Chowder is excellent. Plenty of sandwich and burger options and generous portions. Waitress was prompt and helpful. A little of the New England sports scene if Naples. Wasn't there on a 'game night' so that might make a difference as to noise level as they have some 20 or so TVs?