“Not as it used to be...”
Review of Mangrove Cafe

Mangrove Cafe
Ranked #115 of 990 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: Mangrove Cafe is the longest existing restaurant on Naples' famed 5th Ave South. The discriminating restaurant is known for its quality fresh local seafood, especially their signature dish sweet and Sour Snapper and creative Global Comfort Cuisine. Mangrove's motto, Think Global, Eat Local, is uniquely presented on its menu and Wine Spectator Award-winning wine list. You'll appreciate the flawless service and recognize your server; they've been there for years. Check out our website for our current menu and pricing. Like us on Facebook for news, updates and upgrade dinner specials
Pittsburgh, PA
“Not as it used to be...”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I remember back ten years ago when the Mangrove Cafe was a delight. The food was wonderful, the wait staff friendly, and the wine list long and interesting. Oh my. Now it is incredibly crowded and they offer these dinner specials that is taking a toll on the quality of the food overall. I ordered a pasta dish that was advertised as coming with meat and it had so little meat that I forgot what it was supposed to be. I ended up taking the rigatoni home and upgrading it myself. My husband ordered a veal dish, which similarly had only two pieces of veal. Really disappointing. The wait staff was so busy that they could barely even smile. Even the bartender was unfriendly. It used to be the highlight of our visit to Naples to visit this restaurant. Won't be going back.

• Visited May 2013

Sayville, NY
“Cold food.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here three times. The food is just okay, but service is usually good. We both got different dishes served and both were cold. They were sent went back to heat and when returned the plates were so hot, it actually burned my finger. The waiter said it was hot, but...way too hot to serve to a person! Their early bird dinner is sparse and the wine just passable. I don't think we will be returning.

• Visited April 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
“Great food and deal”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is difficult to beat Mangrove Cafe's dinner deal for 2. Your choice are the entire menu. Nice atmosphere, but can be a bit noisy. Outdoor dining is an option. Food is excellent.

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great dinner”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner, dined outside - great people watching. Awesome snapper dinner, my husband and I got two great dinners and a bottle of wine with their special for a great value.

Visited May 2013
liverpool
“ondayLovely food and great value”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

You really need to be aware in N America - portions are huge, so sharing is order of the day for us Europeans. The food wastage is massive in USA (Which is an issue) However food & service brilliant on this 5th Ave restaurant + not a rip off. Go for the special (closed Mondays)

• Visited April 2013