“Everything was marvelous.”

Ranked #115 of 990 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: Mangrove Cafe is the longest existing restaurant on Naples' famed 5th Ave South. The discriminating restaurant is known for its quality fresh local seafood, especially their signature dish sweet and Sour Snapper and creative Global Comfort Cuisine. Mangrove's motto, Think Global, Eat Local, is uniquely presented on its menu and Wine Spectator Award-winning wine list. You'll appreciate the flawless service and recognize your server; they've been there for years. Check out our website for our current menu and pricing. Like us on Facebook for news, updates and upgrade dinner specials
Anna Maria Island, FL
“Everything was marvelous.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our Naples 'snow-bird' family & host, selected Mangrove; a first for all! What a pleasant surprise. Jan our server explained the special; dinner for two with a bottle of wine FOR $39. I think we all selected a different entree from a selection of about six meat and six seafood; from the main menu! I had the veal which was A+; all reported "just" great. I paid the entire bill for four, for $98.20 [incl. 20% gratuity. The service, the food and the wine were marvelous. Other raters mentioned 'noise'; it's not a 'biggie', for the place was full of folks enjoying themselves. We will return again and I hope they do not change anything. Thanks Diane!

• Visited March 2013

“Put this on your MUST list for Naples Dining”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

First time in Naples from New England. Just had dinner at the Mangrove of 5th Ave. for the 3rd time in 9 days. Just had to keep going back. They have a dinner special. Two entrees plus a bottle of wine for $39.95. For BOTH! Choose any of about 15 excellent choices. Dinner comes with bread, salad, and ofcourse that bottle of red or white. Other restaurants have similar deals but they are limited to certain hours. At the Mangrove...the deal is every day and has no restrictions on the hours. I had the salmon all three times it was so good. I asked for mashed and spinach instead of the rice and green beans it came with. Substitutions were no problem.
My dinner companions all loved their choices as well. The veal, the chicken and sausage. All delicious. The wine was fine. But on top of this incredible price, the waitstaff on all 3 nights were so friendly. Kerry, Michelle, and Jan. Nice enough to remember their names. Even the gal that finds you a table. I can't say enough about this place and if you read any of my other reviews you'd know I am a fuss budget. I will mention that I ate outside all 3 times. I don't like noise and it is very noisy but the inside was packed all three nights I was there. People with a higher tolerance for noise than I have obviously. Bottom line. Great price. Great choices. Great staff and service. Great food. If I lived in Naples I'd be there at least once a week.

ypsilanti
“Great food in old favorite.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Mangrove keeps busy and for good reason. The $30 dinner for 2 with a bottle of very decent wine is a bargain by any standards let alone on 5th Ave. in Naples. This is not just an early bird special but available all evening. The crust warm breat to begin is tempting but don't fill up as the mains are excellent. They do a good job with sauces and fish, but that old favorite, meat loaf, is tasty especially with rather unexpected spinach topping. Make reservations because this place is always busy and with good cause.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent deal!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had no idea what to expect here, but it was really good! They give you a bottle of wine, salad and you choice off the menu for $39.99 a couple! My husband was able to have a beer instead of wine! The food was delicious! I was glad we had reservations, because the place was packed! I thought the house wine was great. We also ordered dessert wich was extra, but sooo worth it!

Naples, Florida
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I are locals and this was our first visit to Mangrove. It was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. Our reservations were at 8 pm and the place was packed. We were seated outside near the building but it was a little cool out that night. The waitress, Karen, let us know that as soon as a table cleared near the heaters she would move us and she did just that. We order the special for $39. I choose the sweet and sour napper based on the reviews I had read. It was everything people had said it was and more. A huge piece of fish, cooked to perfection, atop a bed of yellow rice and a few asparagus. Divine! My husband order the pork tenderloin which was equally as delicious. The service was wonderful and Karen made our experience delightful. The atmosphere just set the tone for a wonderful dinner. Will recommend to friends and family and we will return!!