“Good food & specials all night!”
Review of Mangrove Cafe - CLOSED

Mangrove Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: Mangrove Cafe is the longest existing restaurant on Naples' famed 5th Ave South. The discriminating restaurant is known for its quality fresh local seafood, especially their signature dish sweet and Sour Snapper and creative Global Comfort Cuisine. Mangrove's motto, Think Global, Eat Local, is uniquely presented on its menu and Wine Spectator Award-winning wine list. You'll appreciate the flawless service and recognize your server; they've been there for years. Check out our website for our current menu and pricing. Like us on Facebook for news, updates and upgrade dinner specials
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Good food & specials all night!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our party of 6 all had great food &service at Mangroves on 5th Ave, Naples. What was really unusual-- their specials run all night, not just for Happy Hour! Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine is $39!
There are 5 selections-- I had a veal medallions which were very tende;, others had:-- 1-salmon (her favorite), 1- meatloaf(my friend loves meatloaf & said this was one of the best she's had). All 3 men had the restaurant specialty-- sweet & sour snapper-- it isn't like the chinese sweet & sour,-- it's a glaze & was very good(all said it was great!). Included is a nice salad with balsamic dressing. The wines are decent-- chardonnay is Lindeman & I was told the red was good.
Would highly recommend this restaurant-- only drawback is it is noisy inside, so sit outside if you can.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fabulous Value and Quality”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My first visit to Mangrove Cafe was absolutely delightful in every way. I had the snapper, which is their "signature" dish...it was excellent! Two entrees, two salads and a bottle of wine for $39! The service was attentive but not overbearing. I will definitely be back.

Naples, Florida
“Beware”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband, mother and myself were having a lovely dinner at the Mangrove Cafe until our server, Jan, came over and asked us to please leave our table and finish our coffee at the bar. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! We had only been there an hour and 15 minutes during which time we eat our dinners at a reasonable pace. We weren't sitting in the restaurant with empty plates and having idle chit chat. In my opinion, we hadn't finished our dinner. The irony of the situation was there were other available tables. We complained to the the owner, Diane, about how rude the server, Jan, was to have asked us to leave our table before finishing dinner. I believe this is a common practice at the Mangrove Cafe and if it isn't they have an extremely nervy server working for them. Beware of this restaurant.

2 Thank nice/taste
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellent Food for Great Price”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I would have paid full price for the excellent snapper dish and my husband's excellent veal dish, but we got a nice bottle of wine too for only $39. Great deal, but focus on the truly well prepared food. We chose to sit outside on a beautiful evening and enjoyed the whole experience. Count on a repeat for us!

2 Thank PJ E
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Value”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed Mangrove several times during our visit to SW Florida. It is a great value...any entree and a bottle of one for two at one set price. Every entree I have tried has been very good. With the entree you get a side salad. My only complaint would be the noise. We try to eat early when it is not a crowded.

1 Thank jmtjbt