“Another dissappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 979 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Vanderbilt Beach Road
Description: Fleming's Naples, FL is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located on Tamiami in Naples Park, just a short distance from I-75, near Pelican Bay and Bonita Springs.
Newport Beach, California
“Another dissappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

The super thin New York Steak looked like something out of a breakfast restaurant. When I ordered medium rare, they sent it back and it came out well done. I truly don't know how they stay in business. The waiter had the gall to tell me the bill and what the tip would be before they removed it off our bill.
Eat elsewhere.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank suzyhair

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Fantastic food! accompanied by excellent service and wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Fleming's had planned a wonderful dinner along with an excellent selection of wines. As you might image the wines were all reds. In our party three people could/would not drink red wine. So this wonderful restaurant changed the dinner. Here's how it went.

When we arrived we were immediately introduced to Will Mattrey, sommelier. He took us to our table and explained the plan for the evening. We were to select our salad and steak, everything else would be a surprise and a good one.

I asked if we could start with a bottle of champagne which I would pay for since it wasn't listed in our certificate. He asked which we preferred and the party began.

Out came appetizers,OMG! The shell fish, and just about every other appetizer you could think of was delivered.

Will asked about our choice of white wines, we said Chardonnay. He would have us taste and decide between a California and French. The California was Grgich Hills, a wine I love when I can afford it. The French, Meursault, both wines I have had. Yet it was quite interesting to have them together since doing so it is doubtful I will ever order the Grgich again. What fun.

Our server was James, who did a wonderful job. We were not rushed, given every opportunity to enjoy our food, wine and each other. The salads were outstanding, something we hardly expected since salad is salad but not here. My cesar with prosciutto was so different and ever so good.

Then our heavenly entrees of mostly rib-eye steaks cooked to perfection arrived. Melt in your mouth with taste that travels throughout your body reminding each area what real steak is to taste like. They were exquisite. Wonderful - everyone enjoyed theirs, and was so happy to be sitting at our table in Fleming's.

Desserts were delivered in similar manner as appetizers. A large selection allowing each of us to taste, share and enjoy. And the coffees, espressos, etc -- all served hot, not bitter and having the tasty essence of the beans you could image seeing being picked and roasted.

All in all Fleming's made this an incredible evening for friends and family. I simply cannot say enough about how wonderful the service and food was.

Finally, let me say that we have eaten in Fleming's before and everything I have said about food and service was as true then as it was this special evening.

Thank you Will and James and all the staff for making this a truly memorable, fun, enjoyable evening and meal. What a great experience!

We will be back soon.

• Visited February 2014
Illinois
“From start to finish, a top notch dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We visited Fleming's on a weeknight to celebrate our anniversary. Sometimes weeknight staff at a restaurant aren't the best, so we were pleasantly surprised by our server, Bill W. He is a professional and excels at what he does. Thanks to him, the dining experience was very balanced. He was attentive without being annoying and knowledgeable without being pretentious.

We shared the Seafood Tower to start, then moved to bone-in ribeyes. While I wasn't that excited about the shrimp, the lobster tails were perfect. The steaks were cooked exactly as ordered and seasoned just enough (we had them grilled in the traditional way, not their "new" option of searing each surface: top, bottom, and edge). For dessert, my husband went with Bill's recommendation, Carrot Cake, while I had the Caramel Walnut chocolate tart. The tart was very good but, yeah, I wish I had ordered the Carrot Cake instead.

We were glad we mentioned it was our anniversary. Fleming's recognized it in a very nice way, better than we've experienced elsewhere. We also got a booth as requested, which makes a difference here. The tables in the middle of the floor were close together and wouldn't be good for a quiet dinner for 2.

Fleming's ribeye has edged out Morton's as my favorite steak, so I hope the next location I try can match the service we had in Naples.

• Visited March 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Dined here in February 2014 with a large group of business associates. All of the sides were very good and my petite filet ordered medium well was prepared to perfection. Our servers were very attentive and personable. My experience with a large group is that the service is either very good or very bad. In this case, the servers seemed to pay extra attention to our two large tables. Desserts were delicious. As I was not paying the bill, cost was not a factor for me. From looking at the menu, this is an expensive dining experience. If price is not an issue, I would recommend.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Loudonville, New York
“Good but misleading”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were three couples who went for dinner this week. We were drawn in by the ad for the three course steak and lobster dinner special. We found it somewhat surprising that the restaurant counted the amuse-Bouche as one of the three courses. We did not feel that this should be considered a separate dinner course. (Very misleading) The food was overall very good although the steaks were certainly not the size elaborated in the ad. The lobster tails were done perfectly and were delicious. The place was very noisy as usual and the service was passable but not outstanding in any way. In the end it is still a chain steakhouse.

Visited March 2014