“Private Room was Brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shula's Steak House

Shula's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 979 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: At The Hilton Naples
Transit: Collier Area Transit (CAT)
Description: The theme for Shula's Steak House is a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten team. The decor includes pictures and game balls from the '72 season. The menus are hand painted on NFL footballs then personally hand signed by Coach Shula himself. The restaurant's reputation has been built on serving the "biggest and the best", which includes Premium Black Angus Beef. The menu features generous portions, including a signature 48-ounce porterhouse steak.
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
“Private Room was Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Twins birthday dinner was excellent. Private room dining, great food and drink. And, Shula's even gave the twins gifts.

Visited April 2014

Florida
“Well it gave us a lot to talk about and we are still talking about it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I'm giving it three stars because they "comped" the meal. For everybody.

A bunch of us from the condo, 10 of us, went there as we always do on Xmas day. It was surreal. We've been going here for years. I guess the stars simply did not align.

And I get it. Xmas day is very difficult to get qualified workers. For obvious reasons. And this thing started out ok, but quickly broke down.

First, the initial drink orders somehow got confused. On Xmas day, just about the last thing you want to deal with at such a dinner, we arrived at 1pm, is a table full of people that got the wrong drink. I was drinking tea, so I got to see all this play from an un-intoxicated POV. At first it was funny. But what was to come over the course of almost 4 hours got to be less so.

So after the drinks were screwed up, we start waiting for the corrected drinks and appetizers and salads to arrive. Well some of that happened, in dribs and drabs. Meanwhile, it was interesting, we were in some sort of semi-private room, tables were being broken down, set up, and then broken down again. I don't know what that was all about, but it sure was noisy and distracting.

Anyway, as time continued, by the way at the time we left we'd been there for almost four hours, but things to eat or drink, eventually started to show up. At this point we are over an hour into this thing, which is pretty long to wait for a salad, and we are all trying to be polite, you know, hey, long waits happen I guess. Customers need to be patient on Xmas day, was the prevailing feeling among the customers at this table.

So next, somebody gets the salad orders wrong. Much later the entrees arrive and wouldn't you know, a baked potato gets opened by the customer and is brown inside. The customer is unhappy, "this potato is rotten" she tells the table, out of range of the server staff. Personally, I have had potatoes purchased at local grocery stores turn out this way too. How do you know? I don't. But the point is, she doesn't have anybody to complain to, remember, we are in this semi private room.

Meanwhile, for everybody else, the salads are still wrong and the table is getting antsy about what is going on, and when the server shows up, she seems more interested in joining the customers table conversations than fixing the problems. At a time when things are going wrong, servers need to stay OUT of customers conversations. This was a BIG topic of conversation at the table.

So that's a general idea of what happened. Then there was this whole issue of getting the checks corrected. They all came out wrong. I got double billed for stuff, others were billed for stuff they didn't order etc. This got to be the most ridiculous thing of all. We waited for over an hour and they STILL could not sort it out. So they let us go without paying. True story.

As to the food, the shrimp appetizer was decent, but the prime rib was on a par of what I had had in a Las Vegas locals casino (El Dorado) in 2005. The difference is I paid 5.95 plus tax and tip for the whole meal in Las Vegas. Both were good, but look at the price.

Shula's has, at least previously by me, been viewed as an upscale place to eat. I'm sure what our group experienced was one of those occasional disasters that happens in every place.

It is my hope, that the owners of this place take time to read this and focus on what it takes to run a successful restaurant.

It is not easy. I know that. I have been reading Kitchen Confidential. Cost 1 cent plus shipping at amazon. Great book.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MktMaven, Manager at Shula's Steak House, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello Bill,

Thank you for writing a review of your dining experience at Shula's Naples last December. We really appreciate customer comments, positive or negative, as they are the best way to find out how we are doing. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't totally happy with the service that you and your guests received. We take pride in our outstanding service and I will be reviewing your comments with our Team so we may make any adjustments.

Again, thank you for your time, and I hope you'll try Shula's again soon.

Jeff Jerome, Business Development Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Everyone must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The surf and turf was the best I have ever had. Each morning the breakfast seemed to be better than the morning before

Visited April 2014
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Shula's at Fort Myers Airport!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you are the Fort Myers Airport and you are hungry and you want something quick and good...go to the Shula's very good..both food and service....try it you will enjoy and be glad you got a bite before the long plane ride...

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SeaRay52SB
Naples, Florida
“Great steaks, but overall the food and service is not worth it. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The steaks are very high quality and some of the sides are equally as good, but unfortunately they fall short on quality preparation across the menu and the service is definitely lacking.

In my opinion, locally I would choose Flemings or Andres depending on the ambiance you are looking for.

1 Thank KnoxTravler
MktMaven, Manager at Shula's Steak House, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for writing a review of your dining experience at Shula's Naples. We really appreciate customer comments, positive or negative, as they are the best way to find out how we are doing. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't totally happy with some aspects of your visit, and I would appreciate any further details you could share with me about that. I would welcome a call at your convenience. You can call me at 239-430-4999, and ask for Jeff.

Again, thank you for your time, and I hope you'll try Shula's again soon.

Jeff Jerome, Business Development Manager