“What's happened?”

Shula's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 992 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: At The Hilton Naples
Transit: Collier Area Transit (CAT)
Description: The theme for Shula's Steak House is a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten team. The decor includes pictures and game balls from the '72 season. The menus are hand painted on NFL footballs then personally hand signed by Coach Shula himself. The restaurant's reputation has been built on serving the "biggest and the best", which includes Premium Black Angus Beef. The menu features generous portions, including a signature 48-ounce porterhouse steak.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had such a wonderful experience at Shula's over our last visit - 2012. This time, we ate there three times and were left disappointed every time. The quality of food is not what we remember, the burgers were overcooked and the french dip was cold. The front desk clerk actually sighed when I came in and asked for a table of 8. The restaurant was nearly empty so I am not sure why. We ordered lunch the next day when we were at the pool and couldn't even eat the club sandwich or chicken fingers. The toast for the sandwich was almost burned. The breakfast was another poor experience. The service seems to have gone downhill as well and we were charged twice on our room bill for one meal. The carrot cake, however, was exceptional. I'm not sure what has happened since our last visit but I hope the service issue and food quality is improved.

MktMaven, Director of Sales at Shula's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Natalie,

I’m sorry to hear about your 2013 experience. This is not our standard of service. I can assure you that our quality of food has not change. I do hope we fixed the issue of the room charge, if not; please connect me directly so I may make the adjustment. Also, please let me know when you’re visiting Naples again, I would like to make this experience up to you.

Jeff

There are newer reviews for Shula's Steak House

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I called to make reservations Shula's staff were on point. Service spectacular, accuracy flawless, and our time unforgettable. We recommend Shula's always you can't go wrong.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

It was my wife's birthday and she wanted to do something special. A friend steered us to Shula's and I have to say it was terrific. Shula's is a shrine to the 1972 perfect season of NFL's Miami Dolphins, which was capped off with a Super Bowl win under the coaching leadership of Don Shula. First we were warmly welcomed, and told that we would have a tableside explanation of the menu. When we were seated we were give an electronic tablet with the very extensive wine list. The wait staff was very patient with me, since I have never experienced what I have since learned is a growing trend. We ordered a mid range Champagne (it was her birthday remember) and it was very good. Next came the tableside explanation of the steak cuts, the aging, and the preparation. Our wait staff was again very patient with our questions. We ordered French Onion Soup (highly recommended!), as an appetizer, and we felt it was made from scratch since it didn't have that over salty bouillon taste. The birthday girl ordered the 22 oz "cowboy" cut and I had the porterhouse. We have to say, these were probably the most flavorful, tender steaks we ever had. The sides of creamed spinach and sautéed mushrooms were as expected. No room for desert or coffee, a 9 layer chocolate cake was delivered with lit candles for my wife's birthday without the embarrassing signing by the wait staff. My wife asked for a special evening. Shula's nailed it.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Shula's tries to keep the undefeated Dolphin theme alive with decorations and a football "menu" for the table. Frankly, that really doesn't work anymore, but it does not take away from the fine experience of quality food, prepared well and served with professional skill. As with most steakhouses, the prices are steep, everything is a la carte but this is a fine choice for a splurge.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Lobster Mac and Cheese a little dry, steaks were good! We made reservations on line but dont think we needed them it wasn't too busy, but they did not take us in until our reservation time even thought there were empty tables.
Service was average didn't feel rushed we will give it another try

1  Thank Funtimes_Naples