“Everything they said they were....they were.”
Review of Mr. Big Fish

Mr. Big Fish
Ranked #69 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tamiami Trail, US 41
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were in Naples for a quick 2-day warmup. I looked online for a restaurant and selected Mr Big Fish. The self-written description seemed almost too good to be true so I decided to bite (fish talk) and give them a chance to equal their own bluster with performance. They did. She had the Jumbo Shrimp and I had the Stuffed Shrimp. Both were perfect. Salads were fresh, crisp, super cold and terrific. Seafood chowder was fine...I thought it needed a bit more salt so I added it. We ate outside...very pleasant.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were looking for a place to meet friends from New England and thought this might be a good place to try- WRONG!
On line and in this weeks newspaper was a coupon from Big Fish for New England clam chowder. Called the restaurant and made a reservation for tonight, Feb 14, 2014. Discussed the coupon and the menu. Everything was great so far- loved their description of the fish and chips for less than $12.00. When we got there tonight I showed the coupon to the hostess who said," give the coupon to the server." So we did! But the server then said "Sorry, we do not accept them tonight"- It does not day that on the coupon. It says valid any day but they would not take it. Then the server presented a "special" menu with much higher prices than on the web site.

But the really issue is that one of our party had to eat a glutton free dinner. The serer replied that because it was Valentine Day they could not special cook anything and they would not guarantee anything on their menu was glutton free. Really - in this day and age - with a lot of us elderly folks having special diet needs. The person in our party finally ordered a shrimp cocktail with no sauce since the server and / or the chefs did not know how the sauce was made- need less to say they do make their own anything.
My Haddock was good, small, and $7.00 more then their regular menu.
What a rip off

1  Thank Dogfish21
Reviewed February 12, 2014

On a trip to Florida last year we ate at Mr. Big Fish the first night it opened. We loved it then, but they were not yet on Trip Advisor. We made our second visit last week and enjoyed it just as much. The fish is outstanding and fresh, the service excellent, the prices are reasonable and the decor beach kitschy. They have several local fish choices that can be prepared different ways. I had the lightly blackened snapper with a house salad, baked potato and sautéed spinach and all were cooked perfectly. Many restaurants today do not offer many vegetables and I want to applaud Mr. Big Fish for providing a variety of healthy side dishes. This is a popular neighborhood restaurant so you might want to make a reservation.

1  Thank markandkarenbrown
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had both lunch and dinner at Mr. Big Fish during our vacation. It has a really neat interior decor and atmosphere. We weren't really expecting much because the name of the place was hokey sounding but we were pleasantly surprised. They had a large variety of fresh fish and side dishes. For lunch I had the "Grouper Rueben". It was like a regular rueben sandwich except it used grouper instead of corned beef. It was the best sandwich I ever had. My husband had red snapper and loved it. The servers were all very friendly and the food arrived in a timely fashion. They take reservations and I would recommend that you make them for dinners.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We ate here last in April 2013 and it was very quiet. This week it was very busy and you really needed a reservation. The food and service are as good as it was when it was quiet. We all enjoyed it very much. I had the lobster pasta. Lots of big chunks of lobster and a nice pasta sauce. Nice but very rich. My husband had the blackened lime grouper. It was excellent! A definite go again.