“Best sandwich ever”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tamiami Trail, US 41
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had both lunch and dinner at Mr. Big Fish during our vacation. It has a really neat interior decor and atmosphere. We weren't really expecting much because the name of the place was hokey sounding but we were pleasantly surprised. They had a large variety of fresh fish and side dishes. For lunch I had the "Grouper Rueben". It was like a regular rueben sandwich except it used grouper instead of corned beef. It was the best sandwich I ever had. My husband had red snapper and loved it. The servers were all very friendly and the food arrived in a timely fashion. They take reservations and I would recommend that you make them for dinners.

There are newer reviews for Mr. Big Fish

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We ate here last in April 2013 and it was very quiet. This week it was very busy and you really needed a reservation. The food and service are as good as it was when it was quiet. We all enjoyed it very much. I had the lobster pasta. Lots of big chunks of lobster and a nice pasta sauce. Nice but very rich. My husband had the blackened lime grouper. It was excellent! A definite go again.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

It has been about six months since we were at Big Fish for dinner. They've remodeled the interior and it's very nautical and nicely done. Looks like a whole new place.

We ordered the soft-shell crab on a croissant and stuffed shrimp. Each of our meals was marvelous. We had a coupon for free cups of chowder. I tried the conch chowder and my husband had clam chowder. Both were wonderful. My salad had citrus dressing on it which was very fresh and interesting.

We arrived at 4:45 and by 5:30, most tables were taken, but there were several "high-tops" and stools at the bar available.

We need to make it back there more often, because it's just the best!!

1  Thank Lois H
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Mr Big Fish is a relatively new establishment, less than six months in existence, and a most welcome addition to the culinary offerings of the greater Naples area. The owners have direct connections to the long established Mel's diners.

Located just off Tamiami Trail south of waterside shops and the Hilton Hotel, adjacent to Publix, Mr Big Fish is a warm welcoming restaurant, as the name suggests, specialising in fish of all kinds. We ate there on two occasions over the Christmas/New Year period and were thoroughly impressed on both occasions.
The pricing is reasonable when compared to the 5th & 3rd avenues districts of downtown Naples and consequently encourages one to sample fresh and succulent scallops and lobster for example, which we did, accompanied by very well prepared vegetables and potatoes, all washed down by reasonably priced wine. Service was excellent. I thoroughly recommend Mr Big Fish.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Wednesday night for dinner at 7:00 10m wait. Older clientele. order Ahi Tuna..fresh, liked a great deal. Stuffed shrimp(4) Good, but not great. came with 2 sides and a salad. The service was spot on. They all helped each other and you were well taken care of. Lots of competition in Naples. I live here. I would return here. But, not necessarily seek it out.

1  Thank pammer22