“Good value”

Eagle Lakes Golf Club
Ranked #105 of 176 Outdoor Activities in Naples
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I played several times during January. We like the course. It is challenging and interesting. It was in good condition considering how much play it gets. Quite crowded with 4 1/2 to 5 hour rounds depending on time of day as it slows down as it fills. Fun watching for alligators which we see pretty much every time we play. Good food. Nice staff.

2  Thank golfgran
"track"
"wildlife"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I played Eagle Lakes recently. The course was in good shape when we went but nine of the greens had just been fertilized with something that resembled coarse sea salt. Good luck putting on that! It would have been nice to have gotten a warning when we called in to book a round. Thankfully the other nine hadn't been treated as yet. The course was beautiful otherwise and challenging too. Pretty empty but that could've been because of the fertilizing. We were able to finish in 3 and a half hours even with me taking photos of all the wildlife.... alligators, all kinds of birds, and a stunning pair of bald eagles. Unfortunately, those were the only eagles of the day for us. No bunkers really, just large patches of sand that you also drive through sometimes. Have to be careful to just pick your ball off of them since they're pretty hard.

1  Thank jotrips
Reviewed October 26, 2013

New green superintendent (after 10+ years of former one); saw results of spraying weeds. Staff says course will return to superior form. Staff very friendly - from ProShop to cart guy. No refreshment cart; water only in 2 locations other then club house.
Very warm day; you baked; hydrate, sunscreen, light colors.
Saw several gators - 'you don't go near them, they won't bother you'. No fishing balls from water either. Don't go near the sloped sides of lakes.
Tee boxes dry & brown but ok. Fairways ok too with no divot marks (yet). Allot of side water from back tees. Greens sloped; fast !! Not many ball marks. Ok cndirion.
Front 9 different from back. Front different each hole. Back more the same to each other. Doesn't bother me. Hope you like dog legs. ((you see the effects of the 'downturn' all around you - front 9 empty lots betw houses, back 9 no development just roads to no-where)).
Clubhouse locker/restroom/bar area good.
Glad it,s public ! Will return.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I've played several times since Nov 2012. Always a better than average value, especially during high season. Summers are super cheap but it's very rainy and lots of bugs. The clubhouse has a great bar and awesome food. Really nice atmosphere and everyone is super friendly. Will be buying their frequent player card again this season.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I found this course on GolfNow as the tee time and price matched my requirements. On arrival we checked in early, paying for hire clubs and round. Took the cart over to driving range by the entrance to warm up by putting balls into a large lake. Started our round with no-one in front or behind, which helped as we put a few balls in the water and found the rough challenging. I need more practice before returning!
Stopped in the clubhouse for lunch, which was excellent, and a refreshing chilled beer.

1  Thank DavidUnitedKingdom