“A good buzz”
Review of The Wine Loft

The Wine Loft
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Loft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Visited on Friday evening, full and great for people watching. A real buzz here, nice busy atmosphere, Service excellent. Huge wine list...shame I was driving so one glass only, would be nice to share a bottle here. Food very tasty and well presented, small plates. Desserts are gorgeous.

2  Thank markworthing

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We thought this place looked great so expected the food to be pretty good as well.
Wrong! As we walked in the barman gave us a surly look and grunted at us to sit anywhere. We ordered the lobster roll and the sliders. After a wait of 45 minutes they eventually arrived, though we then wished they hadn't. The lobster roll just looked like someone had mixed something in mayo and slopped it on a roll. No taste. Presentation was awful. The sliders were even worse. They were not sliders. More like two sliced pieces of bread with a bit of thin tough meat and a bit of crab cake. Well we presume it was meant to be crab cake it was difficult to tell really. It had been cooked in what I can only assume was old cooking oil as it was not edible. The "chef" had then thrown some chips on the side of the plates. We live in Naples part time and have done so for many years and dine at a variety of places and this was by far the worst meal we have ever had in Naples. I think the glowing reviews on this place are either from people who have got very lucky with their food choices or they are actually the manager and his staff. The server never returned to our table to ask how our meal was. We found the whole experience depressing and will never return.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a relatively new venue (opened in January 2013) and is located just below the Silverspot theatre in the Mercado complex. Best to get street parking or the parking garage just behind the theatre.
We stopped there twice this month, once for a quick lunch and once on a Friday evening. Having read the some comments here I am surprised because we thought the food was well prepared and had a great artistic touch in its presentation. We had their seared ahi tuna plate, smoked salmon plate and a cheese plate. Would recommend any of them--probably the ahi tuna as the top choice. Keep in mind these are more small plates--although quite a healthy serving for a small plate.
At night the place was very crowded--they had a live piano player earlier and later a jazz musician..but there was still room to sit. Clearly some of the servers are new, but overall both times although different were fun.
They do have an extensive wine list--although I do think the wines by the glass could be upgraded a touch. Of course trying to have multiple open bottles of great wine is tough. However, their bottle list is top notch and we enjoyed a bottle of Belle Glos pinot noir. To me their selections of by the glass pinots were more average, but still a choice of 4 or 5 pinots.
The area needs a nice wine bar like this and I they certainly fill a nice niche. The setting is great--and there is bar, table and couch seating available. For a location only 2 months old, I think they are making great strides and wish them all the luck in the world for the future.
We will certainly return.

1  Thank Cmbnova
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stopped here before going to Silverspot Cinema. Our server was very pleasant and personable. I ordered lobster bisque which was very tasty but a small serving for $8.00 and we split a chicken, pesto flatbread which was excellent. We sat outside but I thought the overall look was very charming.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My guests and I loved this small cozy wine bar. The wine prices are excellent with house wines starting at $6 a glass. Other wines are in the $10 to $15 range which is average for the Naples area. The food selection was great and the food beautifully presented. I had the Artisanal Cheese Plate which was large enough to share with one or two more people. My friends had flatbreads - Pesto Chicken and Crab & Asparagus. Another friend had Crab Roll. We all thought the food was delicious. Keep in mind, this isn't a full restaurant; it's a bar and tapas/small plates type of establishment. The ambiance is fabulous if you're looking for a place to relax with friends.

2  Thank GigiFoxx