“Not impressed, not worth the money”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Spa at Naples Grande
Ranked #16 of 57 Spas & Wellness in Naples
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The spa itself is too small, and can't handle more than 3 people at a time in the changing area! They ran out of toilet paper (2 times in 3 hours) and had no hand towels. Dirty razor left in the shower stall, and no clean ones out for use. The massage itself was outstanding, the service providers were excellent, very professional, but for the prices they are charging, it is not worth it, not at all....I will not be going back.

5  Thank MCD0601

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is an almost 4 star spa that thinks it is better. It looks like a 5 star spa. The service is just not up to snuff. Service provider skill and technique are only average. Check in staff are poorly trained. Management focused on getting people serviced and on their way. Minimal staff in locker rooms or waiting area to deal with problems. The big problem is what it costs. Web site service menu pricing is inaccurate. "Discounts" are questionably applied. Add to that a 22% mandatory service charge. Verify total cost before checking in. If it cost half what it did, I would have been thrilled. For what it cost, I expected more.

3  Thank NotFarAway
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I spent the day at the spa last week. I've never felt more pampered in my life. They have the most knowledgable therapists. We should all indulge once in awhile. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My 3 friends and I stay in a condo in Naples every other year. We always have a spa day, and we have always gone here. This is our 4th trip to this spa. It used to be a Golden Door spa, and it was outstanding. Today, it was pretty disappointing from the moment we walked in the door (when we were ignored by the person at the desk) to the moment we signed for the service. The person who checked us in did not take us back to the locker room or even tell us how the locks worked (Yes, we had been there before but did not remember how to set the locks). The locker room area is in a small corner. Though this had not been our experience before, the four of us plus four others were all trying to get in the lockers at the same time. So we had to take turns because 4 people don't even fit comfortably. Clearly, the spa could make use of some staggered scheduling. There are only 2 toilets and 2 showers, so there was a wait for both of those, and one toilet did not have toilet paper. The serenity lounge or whatever it is called was noisy because there was another group laughing and talking loudly. The refreshments in the lounge were nice--granola, dried fruit, an assortment of teas. The treatment was satisfactory, but nothing special. When we returned to the locker room, there were several people waiting for a toilet, and this time, the other one lacked toilet paper. After our treatments, we went out to the pool area where we met up and spent some time. This is truly the highlight of the experience. It is a beautiful, intimate area lined by bamboo trees. Lemon infused water is available as are a sauna and steam room, both of which were nice and in good shape. When we finally showered up, the showers were lovely, but if you look up, the ceiling is all warped and deteriorating. The bathrooms were well stocked with personal hygiene supplies and products, which seemed to be of good quality. We checked out, and the spa automatically added a 22% tip, which seemed high to me. So the grand total for my unexceptional 50 minute massage was $158. For that, I expect a bathroom with toilet paper.

3  Thank Susan P
See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A group of girlfriends had a spa -day. We were treated like princesses. Our treatments included massages, facials, hair conditioning, pedicures and hair cuts. Randy, the stylist is amazing and makes you feel like you're beautiful even before he starts. We hung out around the spa-pool on the comfy chairs, where there were plenty of towels, umbrellas to prevent sunburn, and of course luscious robes. We ordered spa lunch, which was kind of expensive for me at $12 plus service charges for a waldorf salad, but it was the best waldorf salad I have ever had. Definitely will do it again. Price for the treatments were typical hotel-spa rates, with my 50 minute massage about $130, the pedicure was about $70. During the pedi, there was plenty of room for us girls to sit and chat also, both those of us getting pedis, and those whose treatments were finished. This is a GREAT girlfriend outing. We didn't have time to experience all the amenities, like the sauna or steamroom, but male/female were combined, if that matters, and therefore, you can't go in naked (thank you Waldorf for that)