“Upscale Mexican with Interesting Food and Drink -”
Review of Masa - MOVED

Masa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vanderbilt Beach Road and Tamiami Trail North
Transit: Shuttle offered from Old Naples to the Mercato
Description: Masa is a contemporary homage to the tradition of Mexican cuisine. Masa serves lunch and dinner seven days a week. Lunch service begins at 11:30 AM and dinner at 5:00 PM. We offer early and late night happy hour. Stop in and enjoy our large selection of tequila and margarita's.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been to Masa twice in the past few months and feel I can give an accurate review now.

Contemporary interior design and very good food, but tiny portions for both drinks and appetizers. Very creative signature margaritas and food items, but tiny portions for each. Basic rocks drinks served in about a 10 oz glass. With ice, you're getting maybe 5.5 oz of mixed drink....for $10. Even during Happy Hour ($5), the drink size is kinda small for the cost.

Very interesting appetizers, but again small portions even for apps. Interesting interpretations on ceviche, guacamole, and other standards. Great sautéed calamari small plate.

Very friendly staff, fun place. Very good offerings, just be aware of the portion/price issue.

Yes, I know this is Naples (and Mercato) and everything is upscale and expensive. But the tiny portions are somewhat insulting.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went on a Friday eve. Service was good. Diabolita margarita was too spicy...glad I tried, but would not get again. Also tried the cucumber mint margarita and did not care for the taste. Had the Corvina special w/ snap peas, cilantro rice and a drizzle of a pomegranate/something else sauce. It was really good. The interior is really cool and the place was a great vibe. We will be back!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We decided to visit Masa on a Friday the girls at the door were very sweet. They suggested different margaritas as we waited for our booth to be cleaned off. Dinner was okay nothing special the server was very knowledgeable. We will come back for happy hour drinks but not for dinner.

1  Thank maryellenR239
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

As regulars in the mercato my partner and I were wanting to check this place out for a while and we weren't dissapointed,our servers name was Casey and he was very friendly and did a great job,we started with chips and guacamole which was very tasty and we both had steak and pork tacos which for me were the best tacos I've ever had,food is pricey for Mexican food but worth it,looking forward to our next visit

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Tried to stop in for an after dinner drink. We like to sit outside and asked the server if we could take the two top booth to the right of the entrance. He told us that they were not serving food there anymore, as they were expecting rain. I explained we were just having drinks, and would take our drinks inside if it started raining. He was fine with that, but before he could take my order, the hostess came out and told me very rudely that we would have to go in to the bar. We decided to go across the street to Wine Loft where we had a nice time sitting outside with a glass of wine. We have dined at Masa frequently, and have noticed the level of service dropping steadily. Last time we ate dinner there, one of the staff started cleaning the AC vents in the ceiling with a long pole while guests were eating below them! Staff has started taking the guests for grants in my opinion. Tonight was the last straw. We will not be returning, nor will we be a le to recommend Masa to our friends and visitors ;(

3  Thank Robert C