“Exceeds Expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osteria Tulia

Osteria Tulia
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Tulia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 979 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Osteria Tulia transports diners to Naples, Florida's first osteria, serving exquisitely prepared Italian peasant cuisine in the ambiance of a lovingly restored Italian farmhouse. Osteria Tulia is the vision of Sicilian-born Chef/Partner Vincenzo Betulia, a long-time Old Naples chef whose flavorful dishes have earned top culinary accolades and a passionate international following.
Key West, Florida
“Exceeds Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been intrigued with Osteria Tulia since last September and it didn't disappoint! We had a lovely outside table for our 9:15 reservation and everything was wonderful. We loved the rustic charm, our server was fabulous, and the food amazing. From the fried pig ears to the crostini special with sausage and blue cheese to the complimentary caponata to the braised rabbit gnocchi to the stracci with wild boar, ending with tiramisu, diavolo cake, and limoncello. We will definitely return!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Had a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food was great. A little noisy inside with all the hard surfaces. I would have preferred to sit outside but was with an older relative that wanted to be inside. Our meals were very good as was the service. All homemade pastas too.

Visited March 2014
New Jersey
“Taste of Sicily in Naples....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I've had many really good meals in Naples, but Osteria Tulia is separating itself from the crowd in the "Italian" category. The place has the warm feel of an Tuscan hill country farmhouse and the menu featured some unusual dishes.

We shared an appetizer of fried calamari with mint and pecorino cheese. It was tender and delicious. For an entree, I had the Cappellacci which is a homemade pasta "purse" filled with fresh goat cheese, tomato and speck and sweet basil. Speck is a salt-cured ham with more subtle flavors than the commonly found pancetta. It literally melted in my mouth. The sauce was beautifully seasoned, light and very fresh.

My husband had the Sicilian Beef Tenderloin Spiedini with lemon flavored potatoes. Sicilians often cut the richness of their food with lemon and it brings out unique flavors in familiar dishes.

A friend had the Gnocchi di patate, finished with braised rabbit, porcini mushrooms and tomato. I had a taste and the gnocchi was light and flavorful.

Tulia has an extensive wine list but we enjoyed the house wines, ranging from Chianti to Pino Grigio to Chardonnay.

The service was impeccable. Cinnamon, our server, took the time to explain how the dishes were prepared and patiently answered our questions. She was never far away and checked frequently on us to make sure we had everything we wanted.

Our portion of the bill came to $190.74, (including wine, coffee, and dessert).

Naples was more crowded than usual with visitors this season, probably due to the nasty winter we've had. Tulia was packed when we arrived and guests were still coming in when we left. If they keep this up, they'll be a fixture in the Naples dining scene for a long time to come. I'm looking forward to a return trip.

1 Thank Madalyn810
Cleveland, Ohio
“Terrific lunch or dinner location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a terrific lunch here. The patio was full initially so we started inside with a martini. I had a tequila based one to start that was quite good and then the Honey Bee...delicious! We had some caramelized brussels sprouts with fennel sausage and split a caesar to start and then shared a Classico pizza. The pizza was ok but not our favorite version of it. A very nice, happening spot with a lively buzz. Really enjoyed it!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank skm4444
Whippany, New Jersey
“Reason(s) they are rated so high”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went this past Saturday night (7p.m.) Place was flush with patrons. Were seated promptly (had a reservation). Service was absolutely fantastic, they worked like a well oiled machine. I know I say this in many reviews but I trust in what I read in reviews and other research, and only try to make the best of ALL my dining experiences. That being said lets go on with the rest of this review. For the start we had the calamari, pizza (Classico) both were very good. Dinner we had Osso Buco (pork) , tortellini, and a pork chop milanese special. I had the Osso Buco it was very good, cook perfectly and taste was suburb, accompanied by rosemary potato's that were substituted without a problem or issue from the staff. The pasta was fresh and my son ate it like he was at grandmas eating dinner. My wife had the Pork Chop the was a bit over done for her liking but when bringing it up to our server he didn't even flinch or fuss with an excuse and just had them make another without incident. This is why they received a 30% tip. Would recommend this establishment highly to anyone interested.

• 4 of 5 bubbles