Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Awesome fishing trip!!

Went fishing with my father-in-law and Capt. Joe in late July. He is very knowledgeable and helped... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2019
Thechosenone33
Great day on the water!

Awesome fishing trip with professional Capt. Caught huge reds, snook and trout. Capt Joe really... read more

Reviewed June 28, 2019
Ediez499

All reviews trout big fish caught huge fishing trip go fishing great boat snook gear fisherman mangroves
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

Capt Joe knew exactly what bait to use and where the big fish were! My first keeper Snook. Very Experienced-Fabulous Day!

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank TMDonn
Reviewed January 10, 2016

Within minutes Capt. Joe will fill the bate well throwing a 12ft net with live bit which is a feat alone. Now its game on! He puts you on fish and if no action he is off to another of his locations. He gets as excited as you when fish on! He truly is a professional !
Thank you Capt. Joe

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank BobbyRondo
Reviewed November 18, 2015

I fished with Capt. Joe in November of 2015. I told Joe that I was hoping to catch a variety of fish since I've never fished SW Florida. Joe did a great job of putting me on a wide variety of fish. The first thing he did that I really appreciated was calling me the day before and letting me know that the tides were not optimal and suggested that we go out later in the AM even if that meant taking a shorter charter. I appreciated him letting me know we wouldn't have good water. I found his boat an gear to be very good and his willingness to not only take me fishing but to also TEACH me was most appreciated. By the end of the day, I had caugth triple tail, snook, catfish, mangrove snapper, redifish, sea trout, jacks, hooked up with a shark, and we ended the day with an 80 lb tarpon! I will be reaching out for Capt Joe again and highly recommend him to anyone that is looking to have a good time fishing the inland waters of SW Florida.

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank jrp21122
Reviewed August 13, 2015 via mobile

I have been on a few charters and this was by far the best. Capt. Joe is a real master of his trade. To anyone having a hard time deciding on using this guy just hear me out.

My father in law set up the trip so I had no idea who he was or any reviews. I never even looked at the guys web page.
We head out to get some bate and try "spot one". While he is tossing the net in, we are fishing. Now spot one didn't land anything big at all, but it put out. I would say a fish every two or three casts. So once we have bate, we head off to "spot two". My first comment is well they may have been small but it was fun.

Spot two.... Wow!! Fish after fish after fish! And keepers!! That my friends is not a normal day of fishing. Black drum, snapper, redfish and a trout. That was just what came home with us. The jack was a great fighter, the stingray was a beast to pull up, and the ones that hit so hard and so fast they broke the line. What a day! What a feast!

After reading the one bad review on here I had to laugh. This is what I have to say on that. If you are the tiger woods of fishing, then go be the tiger woods of fishing. But if you want a guy who knows the area, knows what works and will bust his butt to give you a great time, call Capt joe! I know I will every time I come down. You can't get a guarantee with fishing. But if you call and he says it will be good well it's the closest thing you will get to one.

PS. To the snook that broke the line. You beat me this round, but I'll be back.

What a day!

Date of experience: August 2015
Joe c, Owner at Capt. Joe Cassaro, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

I appreciate the kind words it was a pleasure having you both aboard you guys are great anglers and great sense of humor. Thanks for the delicious cigar

Reviewed August 6, 2015

This was a trip I took with my two teenage sons and wife. None of us had ever picked up a fishing rod and we all feel like we had a trip we will never forget. Capt Joe had all of us fishing like a pro in no time, we learned about backwater fishing and were informed about the wildlife which we encountered through the morning. My thanks to Captain Joe for making a special day for my family and we can't wait to book again when we come back to south Florida.

Date of experience: August 2015

James Thank you for coming out with me it was a pleasure having you and your family and how much fun you all had experiencing something new to do outdoors.