“Great Experience”

LaPlaya Golf Course
Ranked #40 of 178 Outdoor Activities in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: This Private Golf Club with Resort access features an 18-hole, par 72, 6,907-yard championship layout with driving range, practice area and beautiful views of the course from the clubhouse veranda & patio areas.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Although the course was not in tip top condition with the greens being aerated whilst we were there, I couldn't fault the friendliness and warm welcome offered by all the staff. We received a friendly greeting from the cart staff, the pro shop staff were very helpful but a special mention should be given to Anne and Debbie in the bar/restaurant.
They made us feel at home as soon as we arrived and the food was of a very high standard. Our trip was not just about the golf and the 19th hole is certainly one we would recommend. We even made a point to stop off on our way to the airport on our last day for lunch and a friendly farewell.
This was our second visit in two years and when we come back to Naples we will definitely return to LaPlaya.
Jeff and Julie Grimes plus Trevor

Alan F, General Manager at LaPlaya Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Jeff, Julie & Trevor,
On behalf of the team at LaPlaya Golf Club, thank you for your recent visit and review of your August 2013 golf experience.
We are delighted to hear about your time spent here; the positive sense of welcome, and for naming Anne & Debbie to the All-Star Hospitality team! I will glad to pass along your kind comments to the entire team.
We look forward to your return visit soon, in the meantime wishing you great golfing for the reminder of the year.

G.M. Golf Club.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Every aspect of my experience with this course could not have been more perfect. From booking, to bag drop off, to pro shop greeting, and naturally...THE GOLF COURSE! I've never been so eager to get home to a computer and leave a review then I have after playing La Playa. I live in South Florida and golf once a week at countless courses from rinky-dink exec courses all the way to the Blue Monster and I can honestly say that La Playa is the best course I've ever played.

Amazing service. Beautiful course(even during aeration!!!). Oh, and I played pretty well too :)

Thanks La Playa!!!

-Dave M.

Alan F, General Manager at LaPlaya Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Dave,
On behalf of the team at LaPlaya Golf Club, thank you for your recent visit & review.
Delighted to hear about your time spent here; and you shot well too, always a bonus!
We look forward to your return visit soon, in the meantime wishing you great golfing for the rest of the year.
G.M.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and 2 sons golfed here the morning after we arrived. The hotel concierge had booked tee time in advance for us.
"A beautiful course to play" said by all 3 of them. I drove the golf cart for one son and enjoyed the lovely scenery.
Sons spotted a baby turtle during their round

Dear Fiona,
On behalf of the team at LaPlaya Golf Club, thank you for your recent visit, review & chauffeured 'buggie' duties!
Delighted to hear about the family time spent enjoying the outdoors here, and you managed to drive on the 'right side' of the golf course too!
We look forward to your return visit to Naples soon; in the meantime wishing you and family safe travels back to Edinburgh, (Hibs or Hearts?) and great golfing for the rest of the year.
G.M.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently played the course and was paired up with a couple of very nice members. I'm a 14 handicap and I found the course to be challenging but very fair. Lots of water, so course mamangement is a must. I'd say 1/3 of the greens had areas that were marked off as unplayable. The members told me they lost them due to heavy rain. That probably explains why the greens were sooooo slow -- easily the slowest greens I've ever played on. I wish the hotel would have told me about the conditions of the greens because I would have never booked the golf package. I only played one round because the thought of putting up with those greens again wasn't worth the aggravation.

Dear CWimer62,
On behalf of the team at LaPlaya Golf Club, thank you for your recent visit and review of your golf experience in April 2013.
Yes, the issues you observed with sections of some of the putting surfaces are being aggressively addressed this summer, and we are confident of their full recovery. Also the advance notification to all our resort guests about course conditions we continue to review and adapt when required, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We look forward to your return visit, when the putting surfaces will again be at their brilliant best.
G.M. Golf Club.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The variety of different holes and their design make it a thinkers golf course. You need to think about shot placement and balance risk with reward. It is scenically good with not too many intrusive houses around.

It is a course that demands respect, otherwise it bites you. The river running through was part of the original course and the hole that runs alongside it is one of the best. It is a tough but fair challenge of golf and offers sport to a wide range of abilities.

I have played it many times over the years and think it is up there with the best in Naples.

Much like theEstuary in terms of challenge

Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of LaPlaya Golf course! I would certainly agree with your assessment of our course - it's tough but overall fair! There is no doubt that when golfing at LaPlaya you should take an extra second or two before committing to a shot!

Thank you for also noting the overall feel of the course in terms of quality and scenic views, the golf team takes great pride in providing a unique course experience for our guests and members!

We hope you will choose LaPlaya golf again in the future,

Jason K. Moll