“Great Sailing.”

Thunderbird Sailing day trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Thunderbird Sailing. Sailing trips and sunset cruises in the Naples, Marco Island, Isles of Capri area. Fast, Stable, Comfortable and Fun!
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Great Sailing.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We sailed with Captains Otis and Nancy aboard their Thunderbird sailing Condor 40 and had a simply fantastic time. Captain Otis has sailed across the Atlantic ocean in this vessel by himself as well has many other ocean journeys. He has been sailing since he was 10 years old and just watching him handle the craft is worth the cost. You cannot have a better time on the water then sailing on the Thunderbird as it glides effortlessly across the waves. We can't wait to vacation in Southwest Florida again to sail with Captain Otis and Nancy. They are superb hosts.

Visited April 2014

Plymouth, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“1st time sailing”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was the first time that my husband and I had ever been sailing and Otis and Nancy made it a trip to remember. Not only are they very skillful but they are also informative and a lot of fun. After only a little time out there we felt like we were sailing with old friends. It was a beautiful cruise and the sunset was amazing. We would definitely sail with them again.

Reisterstown, MD
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“BEST way to start a Marco Island evening”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Otis and Nancy are capitaines extraordinaires. The evening was VERY windy and we still had an amazing cruise. Otis has great stories about his transatlantic adventures on the very catamaran we sailed on. But, only if you are interested and ask to hear them! Nancy is a naturalist and photographer and so she can shares facts and photos about the wildlife in the Isles of Capri and Marco Island.

We were a group of 6 adults and the boat is VERY comfortable. Lots of seating options including 2 captains chairs and the front where everyone can take a Titanic photo and feel fabulous!

We saw a beautiful sunset and had a bonus full moon rise!! It was a perfect evening. If you are in this area, do not miss a trip on this catamaran with Otis and Nancy.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Birthday celebration sail!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was the most incredible sailing experience ever!! My father had myself, my husband, brother, and his fiancee fly to Florida to surprise our mother for her 65th birthday. My brother and I planned this sailing trip as a birthday gift to our mom, and it was something that we would all do again in a heartbeat. The weather was wonderful and the ocean was calm. We even got to see a group of dolphins swimming, and one had a baby! Otis and Nancy were amazingly friendly and even took photos of us all day and emailed them at the end of the trip! We were also able to bring food and drinks on board, which were easily stored in the cabin and in a cooler full of ice. Everyone loved the cold drinks, fruit and cupcakes that I brought! Having done similar catamaran sail trips in St. Lucia and Hawaii, I can say that the price was very good as well. We will absolutely be back again next time we visit Florida!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“No Better Way to See the Isle of Capri”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had such a blast about the Thunderbird! My family has been going to Marco Island for decades and we just recently met Nancy and Otis one evening while dining at the Blue Heron. They took myself, my parents and my boyfriend out for an afternoon sail and it was one of the best afternoons we've had on Marco. Otis is such an experienced sailor, he's literally been around the world. And his demeanor is so calm, everyone will feel totally at ease, even if you've never stepped foot on a boat before. Nancy is a joy to chat with. She's super friendly and bubbly and knowledgeable about the local wildlife. They both have a great sense of humor. We sailed for several hours all around Marco Island and the Isle of Capri, and still it wasn't long enough. No one wanted to leave the boat when we pulled up to the dock. I would definitely recommend a trip out on the Thunderbird, a unique and special experience for all.

Visited February 2014