“BEST way to start a Marco Island evening”

Thunderbird Sailing day trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Thunderbird Sailing. Sailing trips and sunset cruises in the Naples, Marco Island, Isles of Capri area. Fast, Stable, Comfortable and Fun!
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Otis and Nancy are capitaines extraordinaires. The evening was VERY windy and we still had an amazing cruise. Otis has great stories about his transatlantic adventures on the very catamaran we sailed on. But, only if you are interested and ask to hear them! Nancy is a naturalist and photographer and so she can shares facts and photos about the wildlife in the Isles of Capri and Marco Island.

We were a group of 6 adults and the boat is VERY comfortable. Lots of seating options including 2 captains chairs and the front where everyone can take a Titanic photo and feel fabulous!

We saw a beautiful sunset and had a bonus full moon rise!! It was a perfect evening. If you are in this area, do not miss a trip on this catamaran with Otis and Nancy.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"boat"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was the most incredible sailing experience ever!! My father had myself, my husband, brother, and his fiancee fly to Florida to surprise our mother for her 65th birthday. My brother and I planned this sailing trip as a birthday gift to our mom, and it was something that we would all do again in a heartbeat. The weather was wonderful and the ocean was calm. We even got to see a group of dolphins swimming, and one had a baby! Otis and Nancy were amazingly friendly and even took photos of us all day and emailed them at the end of the trip! We were also able to bring food and drinks on board, which were easily stored in the cabin and in a cooler full of ice. Everyone loved the cold drinks, fruit and cupcakes that I brought! Having done similar catamaran sail trips in St. Lucia and Hawaii, I can say that the price was very good as well. We will absolutely be back again next time we visit Florida!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had such a blast about the Thunderbird! My family has been going to Marco Island for decades and we just recently met Nancy and Otis one evening while dining at the Blue Heron. They took myself, my parents and my boyfriend out for an afternoon sail and it was one of the best afternoons we've had on Marco. Otis is such an experienced sailor, he's literally been around the world. And his demeanor is so calm, everyone will feel totally at ease, even if you've never stepped foot on a boat before. Nancy is a joy to chat with. She's super friendly and bubbly and knowledgeable about the local wildlife. They both have a great sense of humor. We sailed for several hours all around Marco Island and the Isle of Capri, and still it wasn't long enough. No one wanted to leave the boat when we pulled up to the dock. I would definitely recommend a trip out on the Thunderbird, a unique and special experience for all.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

During my weeks vacation in Florida my family and I went on a sailing excursion with Thunderbird Sailing charters out of Naples. I have sailed other charter boats in the past including the San Francisco Bay Adventures in California, but this trip will hold great memories for me and my family. I hooked it up on their website and glad I did.
We were amazed at the stability and comfort of the boat. We never thought an offshore racing boat would be so relaxing and roomy. The speed was surprising and smooth. I didn’t realize how fast we were going until we flew by some monohull boats that were out that day.
Captain Otis and Captain Nancy were great, especially with our kids who had tons of questions. If you are in Naples you have to go for a sail with the thunderbird charters.