“Thunderbird Sailing Adventure”

Thunderbird Sailing day trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Thunderbird Sailing. Sailing trips and sunset cruises in the Naples, Marco Island, Isles of Capri area. Fast, Stable, Comfortable and Fun!
Santa Monica, California
“Thunderbird Sailing Adventure”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

During my weeks vacation in Florida my family and I went on a sailing excursion with Thunderbird Sailing charters out of Naples. I have sailed other charter boats in the past including the San Francisco Bay Adventures in California, but this trip will hold great memories for me and my family. I hooked it up on their website and glad I did.
We were amazed at the stability and comfort of the boat. We never thought an offshore racing boat would be so relaxing and roomy. The speed was surprising and smooth. I didn’t realize how fast we were going until we flew by some monohull boats that were out that day.
Captain Otis and Captain Nancy were great, especially with our kids who had tons of questions. If you are in Naples you have to go for a sail with the thunderbird charters.

Visited December 2013

Naples, Florida
“Great sailing experience”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were invited on a sunset cruise with friends. Really enjoyed the boat and it was a great experience. Captain Otis was very experienced and knowledgeable as was captain Nancy. The trip was interesting, relaxing and peaceful. Enjoyed the views in the gulf along with the amazing sunset. We definitely recommend it!!

Visited November 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Smooth sailing!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On a recent trip to Marco Island, Florida, a friend and I decided to try a sailing trip on the gulf. I checked several on the internet and decided to try Thunderbird Sailing. The boat certainly looked unique and I was encouraged by their claims of stability. We arrived at the appointed time and were greeted by Captain Otis and Captain Nancy. They were very personable and the boat was neat and clean. Ship-shape I guess you call it. The boat was bigger than it seemed in the pictures and there were roomy trampolines on either side we could stretch out on comfortably with their padded seats and assorted pillows to choose from. The breeze was really brisk that day and within ten minutes of leaving the dock, they had the sails up and the engines off and we were moving along. It turns out the claims were true. We were sailing at around 14 knots, I know I looked at the speedometer. Captain Otis told me that calculates out to around 16 or 17 miles per hour. The boat was surprisingly smooth. It didn't lean over at all, I was able to set my drink down and walk around the boat without feeling like I was going to fly off. When I came back to my seat, my drink hadn't spilled. We saw several dolphins during the trip, and numerous seabirds. Captain Nancy, it turns out, is a certified Florida Naturalist and was a wealth of knowledge about all of the wildlife we saw. All in all, it was a really fun trip and I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for something to do in the Marco Island/Naples area. I even got to drive the boat!

Visited June 2013
Tipp city
“Fun girls vacation sunset cruise”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

An all around wonderful experience. Captain Otis and First Mate Nancy were very friendly and super knowledgeable. Everything was first class, thank you for everything!

Visited June 2013
Decatur, Illinois
“Awesome sunset cruise!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We saw dolphins, mangroves, birds, and a beautiful sunset! Captains Otis, Nancy, and Peter were all very friendly and knowledgeable. A true enjoyment. Thanks!
Bev