“great value, amazing view”

Cove Inn on Naples Bay
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed in a Hotel Bayside King Room which overlooked the beautiful bay and boats on the second floor.

The condo style hotel was fab and we loved our room. I’m guessing it was one of the more traditionally decorated rooms but it had everything we needed and was clean.

The balcony was a big plus – we spent lots of time watching the world go by and playing cards and sipping wine whilst it was raining!

The walk to 5th avenue was 10-15mins max – we enjoyed the Thai restaurant at the beginning of the main walk and then a lovely small Italian restaurant much further along.

The walk to the beach was about 15mins. The sunset from the pier was a must – the fishermen, dolphins and birds with a spectacular sunset made for some great photos. We didn’t get to spend any time on the beach itself but it looked lovely and uncrowded. A past review complained about parking – it was so quiet when we were there at the end of May this would definitely not have been an issue (in fact the whole of Naples was much quieter than I was expecting).

One rainy afternoon we took a drive to the Silverspot Cinema (20 mins north) – which I would recommend for its very comfy large leather seats!

I would stay here again if I was in the area, however don’t think I would ever stay in Naples again unless we were just passing through.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Cove Inn for 3 nights in early May (just after the May 1 close of the "season" in the area.) This was not my first visit to Naples, but it was my companions. My prior trips to the area have all been business and my accomodations also business-like. I also tend to, personally, prefer the atmosphere and "vibe" of nearby Fort Myers Beach. I was very afraid, in one of the few places in the world that houses two Ritz-Carlton Properties that I was going to find the area stuffy and snobbish. I couldn't have picked a more perfect place to prove me wrong!

Cove Inn staff greeted us warmly and the property is welcome, inviting, and oh so very relaxing! We could have probably stayed a week without leaving the property and been perfectly content. We enjoyed our stay immensely.

Our unit was clearly a unit owned privately (perhaps they all are, I am not certain) but it lacked for nothing and was in very good repair. We had one issue during our stay with our satellite TV service not functioning properly and repairmen were at our door within minutes -- and this was fairly late in the evening! This was simply an issue of a cable needing to be replaced and it was done so quickly and courteously.

We had breakfast at the onsite restaurant and enjoyed two of the onsite evening establishments. We also enjoyed the atmosphere and of TinCity in the evening. You can get to TinCity quickly by car or you can take the water shuttle.

If you're looking for the glitz and glamor of the Ritz-Carlton experience you can most definitely find that in Naples, Florida. However if you want to be surrounded by beautiful surrounds in a comfortable and casual "home-like" atmosphere this place is perfect!

Every single staff member we encountered was helpful and friendly. A member of the housekeeping staff even helped me drag some luggage up a few stairs.

Landscaping is beautiful, too, I might add and adds to the relaxing "vibe".

Again, I want to underscore that this is a different type of experience than the Ritz. In my opinion, a better one, but it is just the type of environment I prefer. If I was forced to complain at all about anything it'd be about jet noise from the nearby non-commercial airport but in all honesty was more a source of fascination (can there really be this many private/corporate jets in one place?) than it was an annoyance. The noise was limited to daytime hours as far as I can remember.

I think I have found my own little Southwest Florida Garden of Eden.

2  Thank Susie1473
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been staying at the Cove Inn for over 15 years and just love this place. The rooms are all owned by private owners so the decor and furniture etc can vary. We go for a Bayside Efficiency Room and this was around $125 a night which is really great value. The Cove Inn is set at a Marina and there are loads of very nice boats moored just outside the rooms so the views are just lovely. It is a great location, about 5 blocks walk from all the excellent shops and restaurants on 3rd Street South and also near the pier and really good public beach, The Coffee Shoppe in the hotel is just brilliant for breakfast or brunch and there are two other very good restaurants within the facility. There is a nice sized pool which has a Tiki Bar attached to it which is open to residents and a private Yacht Club as well. The members of the club tend to congregate at the bar late afternoon so it is a fun place to while away a few hours chatting to the local characters! The tour buses of Naples stop at the Cove Inn on route and there is a good Water Taxi that takes you to the restaurants and bars near Tin City and it is $5 each return so cheaper than a cab!

Room Tip: We prefer rooms that do not overlook the pool and bar as they are quieter.
2  Thank NeilBLondon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Been to the Cove Inn twice already although the flight from London to Miami stretches our ability to maintain our sweet natures! After one night hotel stay in Miami we usually rent a car and head across Alligator Alley as soon as possible.
The Cove Inn is undoubtedly quaint but the rooms are clean and sunny with a deck and chairs facing the dock and services every day. They are adequate for the price and we have always found the staff friendly and responsive to our reasonable requests. Most rooms are no more than a 5 minute walk to the Tiki Bar and excellent swimming pool.
We always take breakfast at the in-house cafe which is fantastic in terms of choice and speed and countesy of service.
Our aim is to return to the Cove Inn every December if possible when "old" Hampshire is usually "blessed" with snow and ice!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the marina and dock are best
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Spent a couple of nights at the Cove Inn but whilst it was obvious that the rooms had been redecorated, I still felt this hotel was little more than average despite its spectacular setting overlooking the marina. I think this is one property where the room situation and therefore your enjoyment does matter.
It started bizarrely when we were checked into our rooms by a somewhat eccentric receptionist who would have been more suited to the role of court jester. Problem is, this wasn't medieval England. The other reception staff were pleasant and helpful.
The rooms were clean and functional themed in a seascape setting. I think had we paid peak season prices, we would have felt overcharged. As it was, having paid low season rates we were struggling to see the price justification.
If I was to offer any advice, check out your room before checking in. You may just feel a little short changed.

Room Tip: Request rooms on second and third floors for the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mikesworld1
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Cove Inn is a really nice hotel located in a great location in Naples. It is right on the harbor, rooms have nice balconies, and there is a fine pool. Our room was spacious and well laid out, with a large and good bathroom and excellent walk-in shower. WiFi was fine, and there was plenty of room to sit (soft, chair). The staff was very pleasant and anxious to help and answer questions. We had a few minor things we asked to be fixed, and when they were not and we mentioned this at checkout, the manager, without asking, took a bit off our bill for our inconvenience.

My only "complaint" is that Cove Inn is not really accessible. Our room was at one end of the 2nd floor and to get there we were directed to park by the elevator at that part of the building. That was fine, but one had to go up four or five steps to get to the elevator. We figured out that we could have taken a ramp by the hotel office and skipped the stairs, but that would have required walking a substantial distance to get to the elevator. Truthfully, I am not sure how to solve this problem, but someone with problems with stairs or walking may want to note this.

Also, the only entrance to the otherwise fine coffee shop requires several stairs. We asked if there was an alternative way in but was told by someone there was not The coffee shop, by the way, is great for breakfast with good food at fair prices and clearly it is a favorite for locals as well as guests.

1  Thank Fishperson
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love the Cove Inn! I've been coming to this place since I was in diapers (now 30). Not much has changed, but thats why I like it! The pool is always nice and clean. The crowd is chill and quiet. The rooms are all so unique and fun. Plus you can't beat the price. The tiki bar is a great place to have a cocktail and chat with the locals. Perfect location, you can walk to restaurants and if you aren't lazy you can walk to the beach. Tin City, 5th ave, 3rd and the pier are all right there! The Cove Inn is Naples secret spot. I just love it.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family