“Small but good”

153 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 281 helpful votes
“Small but good”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've been to tons of kids museums around the East Coast and Midwest so I'm pretty confident in giving a rating of very good. Almost all the exhibits were working and had their supplies (that's really a problem at kid museums.) We were there on a Friday afternoon and it wasn't packed and every child had a parent/caregiver who was actually paying attention to their kid and not gossiping with their friend while heck broke loose.
It's not a huge place. If you've been to Indianapolis or Philadelphia, you'll feel that its small but what it lacks in size, it makes up in quality.
I have four kids, ages 2 to 10. They were all happy. Ok, my 10-year-old is a science geek and usually is looking for a science museum. If he had been by himself, he would have been bored but he had his siblings to interact with too.
I loved that they tried to make the museum have some personalization with stuff about Naples in it...the sea area, the Everglades...even the weather station.
And the restaurant was supposed to be taking place in India so you had the cultural enrichment and some things that I didn't know about it. It appeared to be an exhibit that they could change countries too.
I will say that I saw some employees that were more playing than straightening up. And one gave my son a hard time for continuing to fish at the boat area when there were no other kids around looking for a pole. In fact, there was a pole free still. So I thought that was kind of jerky since he wasn't preventing others from playing.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for young kids!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place when we visited the first time in May. Lots to do with young kids. There are even baby areas which is nice. I agree with the reviewer who said not much for adults to do, but it's a kids museum. You're there with your kids. You shouldn't be sitting there on your phone anyway! If safety is a concern, get up and play with your child. The cafe was wonderful and serves the healthiest choices I've seen for kids museums. Lots of variety. It would be nice to have a little more shade outside though. Gets super hot and unbearable. Overall I love this place.

Greer, South Carolina
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Lacks Adult Fun”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

So this museum was rated high in the country for children. I have to say I was very impressed with their farm-to-table & grocery play area near the entry. They had so much to do & explore for the kids, even a play restaurant, classrooms, crafts, & tree house. Their cafe needs work - they were out of the healthy food halfway through the day in the off season - ?! Also, I was upset about two things. First, they charge full price to adults, and secondly, there is nothing, and I do mean nothing for the adults to do - not even a place for them to sit, unless you want to sit in the play restaurant area or the cafe off away from the kids. Lastly, they have many cameras, but there was no security, nor way of tracking what kid(s) you came & left with - anyone could take your child(ren) out of there. Might I suggest better planning for healthy eating (something they reinforce here), massage chairs (at a small cost) for adults throughout the facility, and a hand stamp similar to what Chuck E Cheese uses - keep our kids safe please. Finally, there was a large part of the facility that wasn't even open & they still charged full price. BRING YOUR FOOD & DRINKS. They did have a nice demo on owl dung dissection. The kids both had a great time.

Denver, CO
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best Children's Museum I've been too!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I used to live in Denver and the Children's Museum there was great- including a real fire engine for the kids to climb on! This museum is every bit a good, and the population is 1/8 of Denver! Bring your kids, they will love it, and you will too!

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not for older children!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My 11-yr. old and 14-yr. old children were extremely bored here. It is geared more toward preschool to elementary aged kids.

Visited October 2012