“Small Unattractive lunches”

Dining options: Reservations
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Small Unattractive lunches”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Looking forward to a nice lunch in a small Parisian restaurant, we were terribly disappointed. The crepe-like sandwich we shared was expensive and a brown blob of food on the stark white plate. There could have been a small tomato or strawberry or SOMETHING to add color. We even had to pay an extra $2 to split it! Our other friend had French Onion soup which was also a big disappointment. No one asked how we liked our food or even seemed interested that we had come in there to eat. We will certainly not go back.

• Visited March 2013

Holden, Massachusetts
“One of the best lunches ever.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our way through. What a wonderful surprise. I had a ham egg and cheese on a croissant which was excellent. My husband had an equally delicious omelet. Bravo!!! We will be back the next time through.

Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I haven't tried the food at Paris Bistro and Bakery, and never will. Here's why.

It's not the food; it's the bread. Desperately searching for good bread in Naples, and after reading the reviews, I bought a baguette there today. My heart sank when I saw the pale color and the dots on the bottom, which showed that it had been baked on a perforated pan and not on a stone, The crust was barely crisp. I should have left at that point, but I felt it would be too rude, and the excessive price ($3.90) encouraged me to think there might be something redeeming. The owner told me that they sell 150 baguettes a day.

It was the worst baguette and perhaps the worst loaf I have ever (partly) eaten. Although I rebaked it at 375 for 10 minutes it never developed a proper crust. The crumb was gummy and pasty rather than chewy, as smooth and regular without holes (alveolae) and tasteless as, say, Wonder Bread. I'm sure it was made with a low-protein flour, something approaching. pastry flour, instead of a proper bread flour.

Ordinarily I wouldn't trouble to write a review, but I'm bothered by the pretence of authenticity. The bread is fraudulent, so, in my view, the restaurant is unworthy of one's trust.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kurnonsky
papillion
“worth seeking out”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

ate lunch here, was headed somewhere else but spotted this place just driving by. One of the owners is really French. French fare with a flare, good wine list. Very good food, nice atmosphere typical for a French bistro. Be easy on the desserts, or you'll walk out uncomfortably full. highly recommend

• Visited January 2013
“Was plan on making this my place to go to .”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Loved food and atmosphere but ordered 6 escargot then asked waitress would it be possible to change to 12 and she said no problem .. Then charged us for 2 orders of 6 which was $5 more then it would of been for 1 order of 12 . If I knew I would of orders something else or wouldn't of added on. Not good business practices ... They are practicing like a McDonald's . .. So there for as a Restaurnat every night person .. Not hurrying to go back here ..