“Nice decor and just good food”
Review of Barbatella

Barbatella
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbatella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For a dining experience that is reminiscent of old world Italy yet still modern and fresh, look no further than Barbatella. We are a family-friendly Italian restaurant in Old Naples serving delicious food made with fresh, high-quality ingredients. Our menu explores the rustic landscapes of Italy, offering a diverse sampling of the cuisine from different regions.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I am giving this a very good rating because I loved the decor. We ate here the other night and ordered the calamari, salmon, a pasta altered from the menu, a pizza, the carbonara, creme brulee, and lemon gelato. The calamari was crisp and had chopped up bacon, which was a problem since one of us is a vegetarian. Also there was no dipping sauce which is usually standard for fried calamari. The salmon was cooked well and a large piece, but only had about 4 asparagus pieces and a tomato "fondue" (sauce) and not starch of any kind. The two homemade pasta dishes had good pasta, but the carbonara tasted eggy and the calamari in the dish seemed to be cut a little large. In fairness to the other pasta dish we ordered it without olives and no clams so it only had artichoke and white wine sauce and it was good but not great. The pizza was the star. The crust was chewy and crunch. Creme brulee was decent and so was the lemon gelato

Mario M, Manager at Barbatella, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out and leave such a thoughtful review. I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed about the bacon and lack of dipping sauce for your calamari, but please know that our servers are here to cater to you. That said, they'd be more than happy to switch out whatever's not quite right in the moment! (That goes for your salmon and pasta, as well.)

I'm happy to read you loved the pizza and decor, and I hope you'll keep this in mind and give us another shot to impress the next time you're in Old Naples. I know we're capable of serving you a flavorful meal, and I'd appreciate the chance to prove that to you.

Take care,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

On Sunday's we go out for brunch or lunch I found this establishment searching to 10 lunch spots in naples. The Decor is Nice , Seat's could have a little cushion.Server
got to table fast. Wine was a little pricey for lunch. But we choose the kunde chardonnay by the glass 6 oz $10. we ordered the caprezze pizza. It was better than tulia and roma's pizza very good flavor but again $14.00 for a 10 inch pizza for lunch pricey but it was very good the sauce had a very homemade taste fresh basil. I would recommend trying it. And we will try it again.

Mario M, Manager at Barbatella, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit, Mel, and I can't thank you enough for your recommendation. Please come in again soon so that we can perfect your experience!

Best,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The food and service is exceptional. They make you feel like family. This is one of our favorite places to eat great food, enjoy excellent wine and relax.

1  Thank Angela F
Mario M, Manager at Barbatella, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Many thanks for this wonderful review, Angela! I'm so glad you're a fan of our establishment, and I hope you'll continue visiting us for many years to come. -Mario

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We sat outside on the lovely patio. Food was good, but not remarkable. They only had very few vegetarian options. My husband ordered fish, and the server couldn't even tell him where it was from. We're pretty low maintenance diners, but the server seemed really put out by our questions.

Mario M, Manager at Barbatella, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I'm sorry the service fell short. We have re-trained our staff to be more knowledgeable about our fresh products. I hope we get another opportunity to make everything perfect for you and your husband. We'd love to welcome you back!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

After shopping all day for a special occasion - not too frustrating - needed a cocktail and a light bite. Went from a number of choices on 5th Ave. to Barbatella on 3rd St. - sat in the courtyard even though it was a tad warm - after wished we had sat in the bar where Happy Hour was two for one! But they had a "sunset menu" so rather than a cocktail and an appetizer we all went for the shrimp and scallop skewers - one of 3 selections for a 3 course meal for $19.95 - although the cocktails were pricey - typical for downtown Naples, the dinner was a BARGAIN! The service was so - so, cut the waiter a break as it was early in the dinner hour and he wasn't completely "with it' as far as menu options etc. He also was a little slow seeing it wasn't very busy, but he was OK. The owners were around to greet the regulars. The fans distracted from the ambiance and we were grateful when they were turned off as the noise was annoying. I'm sure there must be other options to keep the air moving. But overall we left contented and full!