“End the day with a smile”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Richey
“End the day with a smile”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was a great experience. The lady that checked us in was very polite and had a great sense of humor. The hotel honored a coupon from the travelers guide that was for the previous owners. The breakfast was good the rooms were clean and the location was close to a restaurant we could walk to. If we travel through again, I would make an attempt to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larry V
OPHHotel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear about your stay with us, and especially appreciate you taking the time to highlight our hardworking staff, of whom we are very proud. Hopefully we'll see you again soon on your next visit to Naples.

Dana Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Grand Blanc, MI
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wow, it was a very busy time. People were hanging out in the lobby hoping to catch a cancellation. Our room was ready as promised and accommodations were nice. We had room to put my son on an air mattress as the rest of us were female. Lots of outlets for charging phones and iPads.

Breakfast did not flow that well (silverware was near the toaster which was being waited on by a line of people). I think breakfast would have been better had it not been as crowded. A few frustrated families trying to feed their little ones who were not too adept at getting their own food. Too bad it wasn't designed differently - just wasn't efficient. But I say that when the hotel is full to capacity.

A very dedicated Manager, J.R. Moise, was at the desk every morning, every late evening and upon talking to him he was trying to cover for some workers who had quit or called in. Such a nice guy... even when being totally verbally abused by guests trying to check out ... dividing their bills ... etc. It was very busy and he must have been very tired (he was always behind the desk) but he was super pleasant and we enjoyed his smile and helpful attitude at a very hectic time.

I can believe they had complaints about the front desk - I believe there were some extenuating circumstances and I would hope when it wasn't Dec 26 to Jan 1 things would run a little smoother. Would definitely schedule to come here again. Nice and new and clean! Room was dark and hallways quiet. We all slept soundly to 8AM (and we usually wake at 6AM). Kids used the pool and said it was nice!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MsLutefisk
OPHHotel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. Our staff worked very hard during a busy time, and we appreciate you noticing. We especially appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast setup as we are always striving to do better. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Naples.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had a great stay at this hotel. JR the hotel manager went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

Hotel was recently remodeled, bed was comfortable and breakfast was good. The hotel was close to 5th Ave and worked out well for my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and are thrilled that that has lead to a great stay for you. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Naples.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel is very nice (newly renovated) with clean room; and it's conveniently location.
HOWEVER, the service (more specifically, management is terrible).
I stayed 3 nights before new years eve. My room was already paid but at check-out they were charging my card. I explained the situation in the front desk and they promise to take care of the inconvenience. The GM ensured that my card wont be charged; but couple of days later I found charges in the credit card of more than 1000$.
I've been calling and writing email to follow-up on the situation; none of the managers have contacted me to provide any explanation.

Room Tip: avoid staying here
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jbrito954
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with our brand new hotel.

Thank you for your understanding and co -operation while we worked through some systems and operational challenges during our Hotel opening, which have since been resolved as discussed. Please accept our apologies once again. We are so glad you liked our hotel and hope you had a wonderful stay here in Naples. All of our staff takes pride in providing excellent guest service and we are always willing to go the extra mile to exceed guest expectations. We do look forward to hosting your stay next time you plan to visit Naples.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The newly refurbished hotel was very clean and attractively decorated. The staff very friendly, helpful and most accommodating to our needs. The beds were exceptionally comfortable with pillows of different densities to accommodate all levels of comfort. There was one disappointment...it is NOT located "in the heart of downtown" at the 5th Ave shops and restaurants as described on their webpage! It was CLOSE to the shops and restaurants of downtown; a drive of approximately 10 - 12 minutes. You would NOT want to walk this route as it is NOT pedestrian friendly! Other than that, we were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
OPHHotel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your feedback regarding the our description. We're especially pleased to hear that you found the stay comfortable and the staff friendly. Hopefully we'll see you again on your next trip to Naples.

Lossiemouth
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My review of the hotel has already been submitted to the IHG website answering their email request and can I'm sure be viewed there. I did forget in that review to record that when I asked for the use of the safe at reception it was unavailable as they had lost the master key!

Fortunately we were able to locate an accessible room in the No 1 hotel in Naples on trip advisor and it has been fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dasmoray
OPHHotel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for submitting your review through the IHG website. I can assure you that we will be reading it, as your feedback is very important to us. We are always striving to do better, and you taking the time to share your experience with us is a big part of that. We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay, and can only hope that at some point we will get the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Got there at 3:45PM ( check-in was at 3:00). There seemed to be confusion as to who I was or what my reservation was, even though I had made it 2 months in advance and had a confirmation number ! I was asked to wait 20 minutes because my room was not ready. Finally got my keys to the room and guess what, when I opened the door there were people inside( quite embarrassing ).
Went down to the front desk to complaint and the manager said to me :" If you are not happy with your stay, I will be very happy to find you another hotel..). Now this is the day before New Year's Eve in Naples , Florida and I knew that all respectable hotels in the area were booked. I declined the offer. The same day while going to dinner we got stuck in the elevator between two floors. Had to wait to be rescued..., but what was interesting was that two other couples got also stuck one hour previously. You would think they would have had a sign on that elevator warning customers....Next day we had to have our room keys ( both of them) reset twice. Their explanation...there were computer glitches in the system. I could go on and on,but the most disturbing thing was that I never got the feeling that anyone on that hotel cared about my problems. I would rate the hotel a one if it was not for the fact that the room was clean.
Believe me stay away from this one. Naples has plenty of nice hotels, but this is not one of them.

Room Tip: Stay away period !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JorgeManuel2014
OPHHotel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Naples, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We're deeply sorry to hear about your experience with us, and want to assure you that management is taking your review very seriously. Every one of your complaints will be looked at and addressed (the elevator has since been fixed and we have had no further issues). Once again, we're sorry about the issues you encountered and can only hope that we will be given the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Kindest Regards,