“Will give it another try...”
Review of Lucarelli's Pizza and Deli - CLOSED

Lucarelli's Pizza and Deli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I go to Bokampers quite a bit and never knew this place was here. Seem like they do a lot of pizza. The staff and our waitress were very friendly. My Dad and I had the calamari to start... It was a little rubbery, but decent. For my entrée, I had the mussels with tomatoes & basil over pasta and Dad had veal parm over penne. My mussels were delicious and Dad had one complaint - too much marinara. The cannoli for dessert was also good. This first visit won't be my last!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I eat here almost once a week. Pizza is excellent, Hot Italian sandwich is addicting and I could bathe in the Jacks dip …. it is to die for! I have had many of the pasta dishes and they are also all delicious. The staff is so accommodating if you ever want to “switch it up”. Love this family place!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We've ordered pizza here before for take out and now I'm reviewing because we to sit down and order food other than pizza. Marie was our server, and she is a delight. She and her brothers work that restaurant like they own it (oh wait...they do). They are fun, they treat you beautifully, and even if you are at the booth in front of the drink fountain and fully capable of getting up to get your own drinks, she says, "Sit down. You're out having dinner. Let me get that for you."
They have incredible calzones. They are huge, golden, cheesy, and delicious. Baked perfectly.
The ziti is excellent, and it's served with eggplant, but you can request without if you prefer. It's not a baked ziti, either. Nice to see an Italian restaurant understands that not all ziti has to be baked. I can't recall the last time I saw a non-baked ziti on a menu, and I was glad to see that.
The sauce here is a nice fresh tomato sauce. It's not heavy.
I'm hoping it will be easier to get in here now that season is over. Excellent!! We have been back many times since the first visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We called in a pizza for take out. The dough was chewy with a good crisp "bite" to it. It was not swimming in grease; in fact, there was not a bit of excess grease on the crust at all, not on the pizza box, and not on the top of the pizza itself. Pretty impressive.
It was not overly sauced, either. At first bite, the sauce seemed rather bland; after the first bite, the sauce grows on you and you realize it's a solidly balanced, smooth pizza sauce.
The restaurant smelled wonderful, and the menu has a lot of items that make me want to go back. But tonight, this was just a pick up for pizza.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are visiting from Seattle and based on Trip Advisor reviews went to Lucarelli's. Great pizza-- good crust, fresh ingredients and not too much cheese. I would recommend it. We had to wait for a table but they took our pizza order while we were waiting so by the time we sat down the piza arrived fairly quickly. Service was friendly.