“Good place, but staff feeling the season pressure”

Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche
Ranked #99 of 984 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Goodlette-Frank Road
Description: Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche invites you to experience a unique and savory selection of some of the finest cuisines from the magical lands of Thailand, Japan and Peru. Exceptional food, great service, and a relaxed atmosphere all come together for an extraordinary dining experience.
Naples, Florida
“Good place, but staff feeling the season pressure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We eat here regularly and have recommended it to friends. The Thai and sushi are both excellent.

The service can be frenetic and a bit crazy in season. I think this is partially due to the size of the restaurant and it's success bringing in so many diners.

We visited once on the music evening they have and was pleasantly surprised at how good the atmosphere was. Although once again the staff seemed to struggle a bit with all the commotion.

The good is so good you can forgive any errors of serving during season.

Out of season it's an absolute gem.

2 Thank NaplesMoose

Naples, Florida
“Great Food but Lacking Energetic Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

This will be a favorite of mine because of the food. My husband had ceviche and I enjoyed the Thai-basil sauce. My friend loved the sushi and the large portions. The staff overcharged us and had to correct the bill. The waiter was completely out of it and we had to keep pestering him. I'll overlook that to get my thai basil again!

Visited January 2014
Ave Maria, Florida
“Food is great...Service sucks!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went when it was not busy and the staff seemed to manipulate the flow of things rather poorly. I agree with previous posters... Check your bill! I sensed this would happen from the onset. I can smell a rat. My Ceviche Mixto with mixed seafood marinated in lime juice, onions, herbs and seasonings was out of this world with hidden gems unfolding with every bite.
My wife opted for the beef with basil sauce... This left her speechless... She gobbled every last bit and made me drive to the Asian store for ingredients to replicate it. It was a success BTW.
This restaurant is the bomb I don't want to be on the pulpit about honesty. We held on to our check too long to adjust the price. I felt like he wanted us to succumb with time. I think this is just wrong. He was dealing with poorly placed orders that I could clearly hear as they were executed. Language barriers keep me from rating this place higher. A better staff and this restaurant can be a 5.

netherlands
“Happy to found this restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Yesterday I went with my wife and daughter to this restaurant for the first time.
It was very busy and we were late for our reservation.
Still we got our table within a minute.

The menu is very extended and offered lots of sushi, Thai food and Peruvian food.
We choose for spring rolls, sushi rolls and Japanese steak.
It took a bit of time, but the had told us when we ordered.it was indeed very busy.
The spring rolls were fresh and tasted great.
The sushi rolls were fantastic. Steak could have been a bit more tender. The fried rice with chicken was one of the best I ever had.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Not an upscale place, but fresh and high quality food, for a very reasonable price.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank dutch-inspector
Naples, Florida, USA
“Wednesday night with El Gato Solea. A great evening out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We've been here several times and always enjoyed the food: Thai, sushi rolls, or ceviche everything is well prepared and very generous. But Wednesday nights are a blast. Wonderful fusion band with an incredible guitarist. Don't expect to carry on a conversation but you'll be eating and "chair dancing" with the rest of the customers. Don't miss it!!

2 Thank Lisa F