“Great lobster and great deal too...”
Review of Wharf Tavern

Wharf Tavern
Ranked #228 of 1,016 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Specializing in New England Seafood. Live MAINE Lobster, Ipswich fried Clams, Scallops, Fish n' Chips, Calamari, Jumbo Shrimp, Quahog Chowder, Lobster Bisque, Zuppa di Pesci, Seafood Fra Diavolo, to name a few ... And from the land, Chicken Marsala, N.Y. Sirloin, Filet Mignon, blackened Chicken Pasta, and more. Come and sit wharf side, or inside in our dining room that is decorated with a decidedly nautical/seashore theme.
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We've wanted to dine here a couple of times and we finally did on July 4th... There were 4 of us, three ordered fish and chips and I decided to try their lobster special, one and a quarter pound lobster for $15.99 or two of these for $26.00...I decided on two of them! I also tried their mussels appetizer, done with a dijon garlic wine sauce... All dishes came with fries and cole slaw. The ladies requested their fish and chips lightly battered and their request was promptly accommodated! My lobsters were done perfectly and I had no problems finishing both... Add some cold beer and it was a perfect casual dinner out... We will definitely come back here to try some of the other choices here... Everything was fresh and very flavorful...They could do with a more extensive wine list.. Not cheap at about $50.00 per person, includingtax and a 20% tip, but well worth it...

1  Thank Iamalpha

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had dinner with family and friends. The food was excellent. We had the whole lobster and fish and chips, everything was great. The service was superior. Very personable young man made our evening great ..

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Good price for fresh lobster which seems to be the most popular menu item. Most patrons ordered just that the evening we were there. Not many options with the meal - fries and coleslaw only - no substitutions.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited on Saturday night, off season in Naples, was not busy at all. Host seated us and my wife sat in a puddle that happened to be on her chair. We went there for the lobster special but found that the special was over at 6 p.m. unless you sat at the bar. We were at the restaurant 1 hour and 45 minutes. People who arrived after us were served before us. We were offered NO refills on water, only approached once to see if we needed more drinks, had no appetizers and had to wait way beyond acceptable between 1st drink and bread before dinner was served. Food is expensive and you don't get much. During our visit about five tables had been used around us and none of them were bussed during our visit so we got to enjoy dirty tables all around us for our lovely evening out. I will never go there again.

Wharf34102, Manager at Wharf Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Firstly, we are sorry for the experience you had with us at the Wharf Tavern. The night of service you refer to is clear in my staffs mind. Off season in Naples can be a challenge; over staffing creates issues just as relevant as under staffing. That night in particular we had over 3 times the customers there from the prior 2 weeks. Very few of these customers had advance reservations, so it was impossible to predict that there would be these numbers. Many come for our advertised early dining Lobster Special (as advertised, available in the restaurant from 11am - 6pm). As you stated, you arrived just after this "rush" and many of the tables were cleared and reset in (apparently) a hasty fashion. No excuse, but seemingly the case. Food preparation and cooking time is all different, without knowing what you ordered I cannot comment as to why your food arrived after others around you. For example, Fish N' Chips will come out faster than a N.Y. Sirloin or Boulliabaise. We have addressed many of the staffing issues brought to our attention from customers like you and our staff alike, and hope that you will find the time to try us again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've only had the fish and chips but they are so good I can't bring myself to order anything else! The service is always impeccable too!