“We Shall Return”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We explored Isle of Capri restaurants after reading a bit of the area's history. After many vacations to Marco we really prefer the old FL feel of places like Pelican Bend & Marina. The staff is really friendly and helpful. They are known for their sautéed fish and it was indeed very good. So lightly battered and dripping in butter ... we shall return. We went early on a June evening and did not have to wait. We sat near a group who arranged for the Pelican Bend to prepare what the group caught on their day of fishing. What a great idea, and PB was delighted to do it, all accompanied with all the sides of choice and served up proudly.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our first trip to Pelican Bend. We had the sweetest waitress & everything she recommended was DELICIOUS!! We started with the wedge salads (with the BEST garlic dressing-homemade!!) & hush puppies (melt in your mouth delicious!). We each also had the fish of the day (so fresh!!) & homemade potato wedges-also unbelievably delicious!! And, we took 2 pieces of homemade pie home with us. EVERYTHING was homemade, fresh & one of the best meals we've had & definitely the best on our trip to Marco Island!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Good Pelican is when you are seated right away and Bad Pelican is when you decided to eat the same time as everyone else and the place was crowded.
As far as a review I love a Family Restaurant that is run well, good food and friendly and this one meets the criteria.
My favorite was the Chicken Finger Basket w/fries & cole slaw my wife had the fish of the day sandwich w/cole slaw add a diet coke and the bill came to $20.00.
I'll be back...
Hope you give this place a try and have a GREAT experience.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The food here without a doubt is delicious; but, the wait is insanely long. Do not come here hungry expecting to get a table right away. I saw many people come/leave ticked off because of the ridiculously long, long, wait. Also, the bar is outside in a smallish enclosed area, which can get pretty hot. They added another makeshift side bar. Believe me, you are not coming for the atmosphere, just the food. I didn't like the fact they only sell beer and wine. None of the brands I like by the way, and no hard alcohol. I have been here 3 times, that's about enough for me, the wait makes me mental. My dad on the other hand, is a diehard, he loves the fish.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We always enjoy out dinner here. Fun to start with wine in the chickie hut. Then move inside for dinner. Always a tasty meal. The seafood chowder is outstanding. And the lettuce wedge with the creamy house dress in NOT to be missed. The Pelican Bend is a local place. If you are in Naples or Marco, don't miss it. You will enjoy.