“Cool place, might not be what you expect though.”
Review of West Coast Ranch

West Coast Ranch
Ranked #10 of 14 Sights & Landmarks in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a non-profit organization, and we try our very best to ensure that our horses are trained and suitable for the kind of work we ask them to do, each one is assessed on a regular basis and kept up to date with training. Trail rides are given by appointment only. But that is only the beginning of your fun; we have many other animals such as chickens, goats, bunnies, cows, lamas, emus....and more
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We do an annual trip to Naples and I try and find random things to do since we stay for 2 weeks. I love animals and stumbled upon this place. I read somewhere, maybe the website, about sending a text mesage so I did one morning and basically said that we wanted to come on over and just walk around and it that ok...the guys said Sure! COme on over!

You might think your lost...but your not...keep driving...really slow because the road is all torn up...and you will make it there.

We got there and were so confused because the gate said to wait for someone so I tried called then someone waved us in. I understand it is a working ranch and everyone was working and looked confused why we were there! It was a little awkward, but I explained that we just wanted to take a look around so they said fine so we just walked around! There one one man, I think the owner or something...a really really tall cowboy man that was EXTREMELY nice and came up to us and said we can walk around and told us about a few animals, but he seemed busy too. We saw a llama, and some goats in this little tiny shed thing, some rabbits, an emu, and we about walked into a bull pen but turned around because we didnt know if we were allowed...but the guy came back and walked us right through the pen! The bulls were wusses :) We saw some pigs and horses and then just left.

All in all, it was a great place that rescues animals and you can tell the people work really hard. If it is going to be advertised as an "attractiIon"...it should be a bit more clear about what kind of attraction. I think that their "thing" is horseback riding...but all the other animals are just so cute and I enjoyed them!

I was disappointed that there was no office or donation box or anything...I wanted to donate $20 to the ranch. There was no one in sight so we just left.

I think that this place would be great if you call ahead and put a game plan together!!

3  Thank aaaaaaap

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We went there a few days after our wedding, along with my niece and nephew. We really enjoyed being with all the animals and seeing how a real ranch operates. Cowboy, the dog, was great...he followed us everywhere. The ride on the horses on the edge of the Everglades was great. We will return on our next visit to Naples.

3  Thank Revtec
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Don't expect on of those dude ranches you see on the travel channel. And don't panic when you start driving through the bushes looking for it. You are NOT lost. What this ranch is is a wonderful couple who rescue animals and horses, clean them up, nurse them back to health, and invite the public to come visit. My husband and I went for a nice trail ride with our guide Medina. The horses were beautiful and well behaved. There is a donkey, lama, goats, emus, chickens, roosters, dogs
(pat cowboy and he'll follow you anywhwre), cats..... Stop in for a visit and bring the kids!

5  Thank squirtlapenna2014
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Being from the Tri-state area we do not get many authentic farm experiences. Our visit to West Coast Ranch felt like we were visiting friends at their ranch instead of customers who called for a horseback ride. When we arrived we were told we could just look around at our own leisure. We walked around and saw the chicken coop, a baby lamb, baby goats, llamas, donkeys, horses, cows & emus, to name a few. We had been to the Naples Zoo the day before and this was a much more hands on experience! The owner (I can't recall his name) came out with a bag of lettuce and gave it to my daughter to feed to the baby lamb (not thru a fence, with the lamb in it's pen). Then his 2.5 year old daughter came out with her grandpa, grabbed my 9 year old daughter's hand and said "come one". She took her to shed to find 6 week old kittens, picked one up and said "here". We all held kittens and enjoyed her company too! By then our horses were ready for our ride. I am not an experienced rider at all and these horses were very well-trained. Besides our guide (the owner) we were joined by his daughter (on his horse) and their 3 dogs (purebred australian cattle dogs). We had a great ride through a beautiful trail. When we returned, we went to visit the goats (a mom and her kids which were born in February). The 2.5 year old and my daughter went inside the goats little shed & played chase to catch them. We visited the emus and fed them leaves off of the tree. They took us to the donkey pen and showed my daughter how to lead a donkey and get on and ride one! While we were they the owner came over to show us a 1 week old emu baby! He took it out of the incubator just to show us. Needless to say, what we thought was going to be a 1 hour horseback ride turned out to be an almost 3 hour experience! In conclusion, if you want a laid back visit to a farm and enjoy a horseback ride you must visit West Coast Ranch. There is nothing contrived or commercial about this place, it is the real deal. So if you feel the need, bring your own Purell and enjoy the experience!!!

8  Thank CurlyGirlyLI
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My 8 year old daughter wanted to horseback ride, what we got was so much more! The friendly, approachable owner of the ranch immediately made us comfortable, inviting my daughter to enter rhe huge chicken coop to observe the hens laying eggs ( sent her home with a fresh dozen) never mind the emu's, baby goats, mini donkeys, cows, llama's ponies and her favorite- the friendly cats and dogs! The owners gracious teenage son took us out on the trails and taught us all about the horses and their specialties (roping, rodeo, etc.) The horses were beautiful, gentle and well- cared for. I only wish we knew about this place when we first started coming down to Naples years ago. Such a treat to do something other than the standard beach, zoo and water park. Total Score! A+

8  Thank JeanniedeM