“First sailing adventure”

Naples Sailing Adventures Charters - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing Adventures offers a variety of sailing charters, and truly designs packages suited to your level of skill, experience, and desire. We really do customize each charter for you. If you're new to sailing perhaps a 1/2 day or full day of sailing would suit your tastes. You'll have a Captain and First Mate hosting your voyage. You're welcome to participate as much or as little as you like in the sailing. Sailing is a joy and a passion! Recently, Beula Lee hosted a "Sunset Engagement Surprise" for Craig and Holly who flew down from frosty Ohio for this special romantic Valentine's occasion. It would be our pleasure to teach you some basic sailing or to facilitate a day of relaxation as we explore the waters both in one of the loveliest dolphin playgrounds in the United States and as we sail along the beautiful Gulf Coast. Strengthen those sailing skills that you need the most! See our web site for a list of skills we can teach you! If learning to sail is your dream ... with our 25 years of sailing instruction ... we can design a hands on program catered to your interests. We'll teach you to handle the helm (steering), to know when to tack and jibe, to hoist, set and trim the sails. You'll learn about wind direction and it's influence upon the sails and why the boat moves with the wind. We normally can accomplish this introduction to sailing in one day on the water. For more experienced sailors planning to charter a boat in the Caribbean, for example, we can teach you how to approach and secure a mooring using the boat's own momentum and responses to wind and current. Would you like to learn to read local charts to plan your trip? And we will teach you how to operate a GPS, radar, chart plotter, and VHF radio. We'll help you fill in the gaps in your sailing experience and education while you have fund building up your sailing skills inventory. A day of peace on the water, a day of learning to manage a luxurious sailing vessel, or any combination of the above is possible for your voyage. Your Captain: U.S.-Coast-Guard-Licensed Captain Elizabeth has been a sailing instructor for 34 years, and races and cruises regularly. Professional sailing has taken her from Connecticut to California, Tennessee, and Florida. She's also a licensed massage therapist. Her background includes a BA from Occidental College and she is working on a master's in Transpersonal Psychology. Elizabeth has a strong interest in team building / adventure-based counseling and education.
Sellersburg, Indiana
“First sailing adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I were in Naples celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary when we booked a half day trip with Captain Elizabeth. I've always thought sailing is something I would want to do at retirement and this trip was a perfect way to get a "taste" of what it is all about. We chose to actively participate and it was a great decision because Elizabeth is an excellent instructor. It really made for a unique, educational and rewarding day! Dan T.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Daniel T

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Sail to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Captain Elizabeth by far was one of the most experienced, detailed and helpful we've ever had! I love to sail and hadn't been on a sailboat in at least 7 years. My now fiancé knew how much I loved it and so while we were on vacation, he surprised me with a 4-hour private sailboat cruise at sunset on our day trip to Naples. Little did I know, that at sunset, he would take me to the front of the boat (aka the helm) and propose!! Captain Elizabeth even knew all the details and had the wine glasses and little cupcakes for us! The entire sailing experience with her was amazing and even letting Chris and myself sail the boat an hour each made it even more amazing. We truly had a wonderful time and I know that the next time we visit, and we decide to take another sail, we would definitely come back to Elizabeth. She was kind, funny and genuinely passionate about life and paradise on the ocean. She helped make our trip a memorable one and memories that will last a lifetime - and photo's! Thank you so much Elizabeth!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Sarah B
Louisville, ky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing trip never to be forgotten!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I charted the beautiful Beula Lee for a private sunset sail in the middle of August of 2012. I wanted a romantic private way to propose to my now fiancé and it turned out to be a trip that we will never forget. We met Elizabeth at the dock @ 5 and from the moment we stepped on the boat, she treated us like family and made sure that we were comfortable. The next 4 hours we were on her boat were magical as we saw a dolphin, sailed the boat, and watched a beautiful sunset from the front of the boat. Elizabeth is very knowledgeable about sailing and is eager to share her stories and offer pointers if you want to learn how to sail. She referred to my fiancé as a floater and me as a pincher due to the way we sailed her boat.  I would highly recommend Elizabeth and the Beula Lee for your next sailing adventure.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Christopher B
Alameda, California
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife and I hired Captain Elizabeth to take us out on two separate days for sailing instruction, sightseeing and fun. We both learned a lot - Elizabeth tailored the experience to simultaneously work for my wife (with no experience), and me (with some past experience). Elizabeth and her crew (we worked with two different first mates - Jim and Dave) are great sailors, teachers, and hosts. They're really flexible and game for however much you want to be involved - you can do everything (under their supervision) or just sit back & relax. The Beulah Lee was a large, very comfortable vessel (I could stand up in the cabin, which surprised me) but never seemed too large to manage even as a beginner. It's a great size for a group but still comfortable for a couple too. The whole experience of pulling out of Naples' beautiful bay, sailing up and down the coast a little bit - seeing dolphin, birds & other animals, and learning a ton along the way, was so pleasant. We didn't want it to end.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Josh A
Stony Brook, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow, never expected my wife to get hooked like this.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

On our umpteenth trip to Florida to take care of I'll parents, decided to see if we could have some fun. Called ahead to Captain Elizabeth and immediately felt at ease booking a half day trip. Met at the dock at 3pm and the boat and Captain were ready to go.

I've sailed once a year for 30 years so I knew something, though not much. My wife knew nothing. By the end of the day my wife was holding a course and tacking. More than that, she had the stare of a sailor looking far out to the horizon. What an amazing transformation. What a great trip and Captain.

Visited April 2012