“great experience”

Ranked #58 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Cuban, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: A family based business offering homemade Cuban seafood with selective Cuban dishes. Our food is fresh and cooked to order.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We really enjoyed the atmosphere the staff and the meal was fantastic. Definitely try the whole snapper and the flank steak. One ofnour favorite places to dine

Reviewed April 19, 2014

My friend & I went last night to Capt. we arrived @ 8:30 but they were happy & friendly. The week before we went to another restaurant at the same time & were told we had to hurry & order because they were closing. The restaurant was almost full but the service was spot on. We had the conch fritter appetizer which was one of the best I've had, not over cooked & full of flavor. The beer was ice cold, served in a chilled mug. I ordrer md the mahi mahi blackened with their pineapple/mango salsa & my friend ordered the skirt steak--the flavors were unbelievable!! The meat was cooked to perfection, melted in your mouth. Each of our sides were perfect: the black beans & yellow rice, asparagus, & fried plantains. For dessert the flan is to die for! Our waitress was Daylin & she was friendly, helpful and made our dining experience perfection! I have lived in the Naples area for 25 years. This is now my favorite restaurant & I will become a regular for sure. Don't miss this gem, if you want authentic, flavorful food you cannot go wrong!!

2  Thank Nancy T
CaptMarcosSeafood, Manager at Capt Marcos Seafood, Steaks & More, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Hello Nancy and friend, this is a very kind review on your behalf, we really try to do a good job for our clients and try to de the best in cooking all meals. Thank you and we hopt to see you soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went with my mother and husband for lunch on a week day. After ordering our food, we waited 45 minutes and during that time no one came to even refill our drinks. My bistec palomilla was the worst piece of meat I have ever tasted, greasy, fat and it was clearly pieces of meat and NOT a bistec. My mom and husband ordered a paella for 2, the rice had no taste and there were 4 shrimps and a whole bunch of empty shells, they did eat it but said it was not the best. I told the waitress about my bistec palomilla and she did not charge me for it, the overall experience was not good at all.

2  Thank Paola D
CaptMarcosSeafood, waittres at Capt Marcos Seafood, Steaks & More, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for your visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our second time just as good as our first! Great service from Iris and authentic Florida seafood with a Cuban flare. Loved it and it's now one of our favorites. We eat out a lot in Naples and have been looking for good seafood off 5th or 3rd, which can be overrated & overpriced. Thanks Captain Marcos, we'll be back!

1  Thank 111Daisysmom
CaptMarcosSeafood, Owner at Capt Marcos Seafood, Steaks & More, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Daisys, I like to take this moment to thank you for your visit at Capt.Marcos restaurant and for taking your time in reviewing your experience. We hope to see you again and please let your friends know about us. God bless. Capt.Marcos

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This visit was very good - our fish tacos were excellent (order these before 4PM) and the friendly service outstanding. If I were to use one word to describe Marcos, it would be "inconsistency." Like many of the other reviews suggest, they go from mediocre to outstanding, depending on what you order and when.

Efforts are being made to smooth out the service and keep the cooler stocked, so we'll keep on coming back to the nearby restaurant - hopefully with a Groupon or Restaurant.Com voucher.

One tip: Seating is limited to around 45 or so, so make a reservation and get here early on the weekends - particularly Friday during Lent. 4PM is quiet and enjoyable.

1  Thank Noisefree
CaptMarcosSeafood, Manager at Capt Marcos Seafood, Steaks & More, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Noisefree, thank you for your visit and your resent review on Capt.Marcos we hope to keep up the good work for you.