“Oh my God what a good time!”

Capt. Marcos Seafood and More
Ranked #29 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Cuban
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: A family based business offering homemade Cuban Seafood with selective Cuban dishes. Our food is fresh and cooked to order.
“Oh my God what a good time!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place doesn't say to much from the out side. But the food is excellent. Fresh seafood with the Cuban touch, I had a grouper filet with mango spice and blk bean with rice and sweet plantain. My husband had roasted pork with yellow rice and conch fritter. We shares a Ceviche that was out off this world , best in Naples, the place is very clean and the girls (waitresses ) are super nice. Good value and mucho bueno!!

2 Thank Ada2013

“An excellent restaurant”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We live in the Florida Keys and are used to eating excellent seafood. When we visit Naples we always go to Capt Marcos were we know we can have fresh seafood cooked to perfection and with outstanding service. This is a first class restaurant and highly recommend to anybody.

5 Thank Mykittykat
Mobile, Alabama
“food ok - service spectacular - Kid's meal big flop!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had higher expectations after reading reviews on here - and was happy to get a Groupon for this place. I ordered fish and my husband ordered shrimp - both were ok. For our sides we tried something different the Cuban rice - which is black beans w/ rice - very bland and dry to us.
The big disappointment was my sons $7 kids meal of boxed mac n cheese - yes, it was a HUGE bowl that still only cost them pennies to make - included fries, which were good -but, no drink. That is taking advantage and if it were for the wonderful friendly service we received I would have given this place a two. Don't rip us off on the kids meal!! GEEZ!

1 Thank beardogmom
CaptMarcosSeafood, Owner at Capt. Marcos Seafood and More, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I'm Laura Soto, owner and sometimes cook of Capt. Marcos Restaurant. I'm really sorry if you feel we ripped you off with a HUGE BOWL OF MAC & CHEESE. Just as a friendly reminder you went to a RESTAURANT NOT MCDONALD'S. I DO NOT rip off my customers, as you can see per our reviews on TA, we try to do our BEST to provide our customers with good food and service. You seem to be one of those "special" customers that come to our restaurant with a Groupon and pretend to eat free and then go to TA and give 2 or 3 stars to almost every restaurant that you go to. You come to Capt. Marcos Seafood and More with a GROUPON, get discounted more than half of your bill and STILL complain for a HUGE BOWL of Macaronni and fries and don't want to pay for the drink?. If it was for customers like you, I'd be going out of business SOON. Please do me a HUGE FAVOR and next time go and take your kids for a HAPPY MEAL INSTEAD.
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great seafood and excellent service. Very laid back. Was wonderful, I'm a local and would highly recommend this little gem of a restaurant.

1 Thank dawleyc1
London
“The admiring reviews are justified”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visitors to Naples, we sought out this unpretentious Cuban restaurant simply on the basis of the recent admiring reviews on TripAdviser; and we were well pleased. The ceviche (fresh fish marinated in citrus juices) was superb, and the paella was very good, with a generous ratio of seafood to rice. There was no sign of the 'inattentive and borderline rude' waitress mentioned in an earlier review: Our server was attentive, cheerful and enthusiastic about the food. The price was around $50 for two courses and domestic beers.

Here is an example of TripAdviser working at its best. We hope that the owner will continue and thrive without changing the style and the prices of the restaurant.

4 Thank euchromatopsia