“Low Price Commensurate With Value”

Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples
Ranked #39 of 59 Hotels in Naples
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Low Price Commensurate With Value”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I commend what Red Roof is trying to do, but this hotel is not worth it. We paid $59 for an overnight stop en route to the Keys, which is about as low as it gets. However, we had to call the desk clerk for a trash can. I also let him know the toilet seat was dirty. Alvin was the man working, and he was very nice and offered to change our room, but I was beat and had already cleaned the seat, so we thanked him and decided to stay put. The beds were uncomfortable and -- this part is gross -- a bug of some sort hopped in my ear around 4 a.m., so I was done sleeping. Not a big bug, not a roach, but still... gross. The hall light (we were in room 202) seeped in around the blackout curtains.

The updated rooms are actually quite nice, and perhaps if we had spent the money for a king size room (20-plus more, and we just didn't need all the extras for a few hours) we would have felt different. I will say that Alvin was very nice at check in and when we called.

Also, this was frustrating, especially when we pulled in exhausted: we had called the Red Roof national phone number and booked about 15 minutes prior to arriving, and when we arrived -- even though I had a confirmation e-mail -- they couldn't check us in because their system didn't have our reservation. VERY frustrating, and not at all the fault of the hotel itself, but the parent company.

Room Tip: Pets stay free, but only some rooms are pet-friendly. 102, 202, and 302 are by the stairwell and a v...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear Alvin was nice and reached out to you to help make it right with your concerns.

I would like to personally apologize for your experience. All the items you mentioned are simply not acceptable nor up to our standard. We fell short of our goal and I am embarrassed, this is not the lasting impression I want you to have. Your confidence in our brand is very important and I am going to share your review with my staff, take the appropriate steps to ensure this does not happen to another guest in the future.

I am grateful you have your name on your review. I was able to pull up your stay information. I have credited your credit card for your nights stay in full. You should see that credit within several business days.

Lastly, thank you for mentioning our Pets Stay Free policy, all of our rooms are pet friendly and we also have a lovely dog walk area located in the back for our furry friends.

I thank you again for this opportunity in making this right for you and allowing me to internally follow up with my staff.

I truly hope you come back and give us another try on your next trip to Naples.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Well, where to start...?! Check In was ok but girl was lying to us - by mistake we made 2 different reservations (one king bed but not pool view and one pool view but 2 beds - difference was $5!!!). She told us we have to stay in one room and can only change tomorrow which of course is inconvenient. After entering the first room - next thing - it was NOT clean! Strange odd smell. The carpet in front of the bed was horrible, either not vacuumed at all or old. Then a hair right on top of the toilet, and another next to it. Soap rest on the tub from old guests..... NOT HAPPY! We went back and suddenly our room for the next day was available. But... not better either. Same disgusting carpet, a few small hair in the corners of bathroom, tiny little black animals (ants - which did not really bother) . After laying on the bed I actually got a rush and started scratching my arms. This was not the relaxing vacation we hoped for.

Outside area and pool seemed good so.

At the end Expedia and the hotel were very cooperative (thank you Robert!) and we could cancel both nights.

Honestly, for this price the quality is not good enough. If you care that your room is clean and smells good - do not go there. Better spend a little extra and enjoy your stay in Naples and feel comfortable (we changed to Hampton Inn Naples Central and LOVED it!)

Room Tip: choose a different hotel, this one is NOT worth it
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. First allow me to say I am glad to hear Robert was able to help you and make things right regarding refunding your stay through Expedia. I just spoke to Robert about this and he explained to me what happened. Please allow me to deeply apologize for such inconvenience. We fell short of our goal and checked you into a room that was not guest ready.

I will share you review with my staff and follow up with the individuals involved to ensure this does not happen again to any guest.

Thank you for staying with us and giving me this opportunity to apologize.

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

naples florida
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

On the 18 19 20 21 22 of April i stayed at red roof inn in Naples Florida on Davis blvd and again Alvin was wonderful very helpful very happy and with a smile on his face i am so happy that Alvin was helping me he made sure like always understood where i was going and made sure i got there safe he is a very good man and a very respectable man keep up the good work you have a great team member who really cares for the ones that stay at red roof inn in Naples Florida

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank donnasesma
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great 5 star review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated Red Roof Plus+. I hope during your 5 night stay you had the chance to enjoy our beautiful courtyard with heated pool and cabanas, picnic area and fire-pit as well as Naples beautiful beaches and downtown 5th Ave.

Thank you for mentioning Alvin's name. He takes his job seriously and enjoys making guests happy. I will share your review with him and my entire team.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Naples.
Willards, Maryland
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I haven't stayed in a Red Roof Inn in awhile and I was thoroughly impressed with our stay at the Naples Red Roof Plus Inn in Naples. I think this new PLUS concept is GREAT!!!!! We stayed in a Superior King room.....everything was fantastic! The large room was nicely decorated and furnished with a safe, microwave and refrigerator......and most importantly.....spotlessly clean! Check-in was effortless and the rates reasonable. There is an IHOP directly in front of the hotel. I highly recommend this Red Roof location!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie2645
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review!! I am so delighted you enjoyed our "spotlessly clean" newly renovated Red Roof Plus+. Yes, our Superior Kings are high demand, with the micro-fridge, safe, iron/iron board, coffee maker and supplies and blow dryer. Our Premium rooms have all those amenities PLUS extra plush towels and pillows and a delicious snack box inside with popcorn, orange juice, water, 2 granola bars and trail mix. That is how we add more "WOW" to our guest stay.

The IHOP is conveniently located on site and is open 24 hrs a day and I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate and value you as our guest and I look forward to your next visit here.
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for the weekend. Alvin insured that our stay would be great. The newly renovated hotel for a low price was great. The room had a kitchen, a living room, and a couple HD tv's. We stayed poolside with our lanai right outside the fire pit. I highly recommend a stay for persons with a tight budget.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GustatoryScience
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review! It is so nice to hear how you enjoyed our newly renovated Red Roof Plus+. Our suites that you stayed in are fantastic. They sleep 6, have separate bedroom and living areas, full kitchen with all cookware and dishware, 2 flat-screen HD TV's and that lovely screened lanai that overlooks our beautiful courtyard area with pool, cabanas and fire-pit. We are considered the best value in those suites being so close to downtown and the beaches.

Thank you for mentioning Alvin and I am glad he was able to make your stay a more pleasant one. I am grateful for your recommendation and we appreciate you and your business.

We look forward in seeing you again very soon!
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have just returned from our vacation to Naples, which I am missing already, this is my 9th year at the Red Roof and as always we had a relaxing time at the hotel but what made it most special was to see all the familiar faces in the reception, they are always very friendly and helpful, I would like to mention Alvin, Mishael Gonzalez & a special mention for Maria Rodriguez who always has a smile and goes out of her way to help.
Well done Dawn for a great team.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Veronica S
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and your great 5 Stars! We truly appreciate your continuing business over these years and glad you find our newly renovated Red Roof Plus+ to be relaxing.

I deeply am grateful for my team I have here, we have worked together for many years. Thank you for personally mentioning Alvin, Mishael and Maria. I will share your review with them and and my entire team.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next trip in Naples!
Chandlers Ford
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have stayed in The Red Roof Inn before but found the upgrade to be a real benefit, we found the pool area was much improved with nice new loungers and cabanas should you need a shade from the sun.
All members of staff we came across were very friendly and helpful
A special mention for the reception staff, Maria Rodriguez was as always outstanding in her approach and mannerism.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room, great views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamesadrian
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased to hear from a returning guest and happy you found our newly renovated rooms a great benefit. Our beautiful courtyard area with heated pool and new loungers with Cabanas have been an enjoyable guest attraction and thank you for enjoying them as well.

Thank you for personally mentioning Maria, she is a blessing on the desk and I will share your review with her and my entire team.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.