“No WiFi - Such a shame - Columbus you have a problem!”

Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples
Ranked #43 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The rooms facing the pool are new and nice and only $10 more per night than the rooms facing IHOP. Do not get a room facing IHOP like my colleague did. There is a speed bump right by the loading dock, between the IHOP and the rooms. He was awakened at 4am as the truck came to deliver the supplies to IHOP and had to maneuver over the speed bump over and over. "BEEP", :"BEEP". "BEEP".. you know the sound when they reverse over and over again? That's what the rooms facing IHOP get every morning.

Speaking of I HOP, it's the hotel breakfast place. Not free, but very handy.

The pool is nice. The grounds are well kept. The location is just a short walk over the bridge from the very expensive hotels, shopping, and restaurants that Naples is known for. It shares the parking lot with the Holiday Inn at twice the price. Clean updated rooms, which face outside in the classic old style motor hotel fashion, hot water, good lighting, very good, free coffee in the lobby 24 hrs a day. Extremely friendly and good natured staff.

For the price and location, this is a great bargain, but I MUST HAVE WIFI for work.

No excuses. The shame is that the network was up, but they take you to a web site in Atlanta to acknowledge their terms. That server was overloaded and I never got through on my work laptop. My Kindle finally got through and had plenty of bandwidth, I tested it. So, it's not the local hardware, it's the fly by night outfit in Atlanta.

This is a corporate owned property out of Columbus, OH. I asked as I figured out the wifi issue. The staff is great and even gave me a $25 credit for my trouble with the wifi. Point is, the local people had no authority or ability to help with the wifi issue. They acted like this was a very common problem.

Room Tip: DO NOT take a room that faces the IHOP!! Go back to the lobby now!! and demand a different room!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank joelinda
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for review and sharing your experience with us and others. I am very pleased to hear you had enjoyed our resort style Red Roof Plus+. We have newly renovated rooms and a beautifully landscaped courtyard with an heated pool and Cabanas, picnic area and a lovely fire-pit to enjoy in the evenings. As you mentioned we are so close to downtown and the beaches at the best value. Additionally thank you for mentioning my friendly and good natured staff, I will share your review with them.

The IHOP is on site and open 24 hours a day and very convenient to guest for breakfast. It is unfortunate however that they do get deliveries early and at times have noise coming from their lot. We are currently working with their management to come to a better solution to reduce this. Please extend my apologies to your colleague for this inconvenience.

Lastly, I sincerely apologize for the lack of connectivity regarding Wi-Fi. We do know there are at times overload especially when we are at high occupancy and everyone is trying to connect. This is something we are currently working on and will also be installing more access boxes throughout the property. We understand and again I am sorry for that inconvenience and this will be resolve very soon.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to beautiful Naples and I thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We always book our Naples, Fl trip here at the Red Roof. The rooms are clean and bright. The location is perfect to any where you want to go in Naples and the IHOP which is just across the parking lot serves good food.

We always request that if the hotel has a spare coffee pot, that we can borrow it for our stay and this time, thanks to Alvin we were able to have this.

Alvin is a professional receptionist and gave us a warm and efficient greeting. He also read my request for the coffee pot and had that ready when we arrived. I couldn't have been more grateful. We also came back to ask if there was an ice cream place we could go to nearby and he put in phone call to Dairy Queen which happened to be closed but he made another suggestion in its place which we appreciated.

The landscaping is well cared for. The pool is clean and offers nice chairs and covered areas to keep out of the sun. We saw a guest using the barbaque which was also a nice option. Dogs are allowed which is a nice option. There are dog bags on the premises to clean up after the dog. We noticed no problem with that. Parking is ample.

We find that overall this is a great place to stay. Alvin is an asset to the Red Roof team.

Room Tip: We always get a regular room which is a double bed. There are suites which come with balconies and a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janine G

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you had a chance to come back and stay with us to enjoy our beautiful resort style Red Roof Plus+. We are as you mentioned so close to everything and the best value being so close to downtown. I am pleased that Alvin was able to exceed your expectations in accommodating you with your requests. He certainly is a valued employee and adds his personal touch of service to each and every guest. I will share your review with him and my entire staff.

I am also glad you had enjoyed our beautiful heated pool with Cabanas and noticed all our efforts in providing additional amenities to our guests such as our grills and picnic tables and our dog walking area as we are a pet friendly hotel. Our pets are a very important guests.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Paradise!

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Alvin is a great team member at the red roof inn in Naples on Davis blvd a man with a great heart and a wonderfull attitude towards customers on helping them get to wear they have to go and makes sure they get to there room he has the rite attitude while helping people with there paper work and making sure they understand I will say this Alvin having this attitude and the wonderfull hospitality he has that's what is needed to run a great Buisness like the red roof inn I will never go anywhere else but the red roof inn in Naples on Davis blvd and if Alvin is there I no I will be safe and have a great night sleep with my wife we thank the red roof inn for hireing Alvin a great and allways smiling man I give the red roof inn a million stars your wonderfull and we love you

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review! I will share it with Alvin and the rest of my team. I am glad to hear that Alvin went above and beyond your expectations and made sure your stay was perfect regarding all aspects of it. He certainly is a valued player here at the Red Roof Inn & Suites.

Thank you for your million stars! I hope to see you on your next trip here.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a wonderful week. My second time at this motel. Super staff, clean rooms, warm pool. Affordable and close to downtown. The only area they could improve on is the rather limited WiFi availability. Other than that I'd I've it a very high rating.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Namssab

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review! I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We are the best value being so close to downtown and the beach, just a walk away if you wanted too. I am also glad to hear my staff took good care of you regarding service and quality.

We are currently working on getting a larger ban width to accommodate higher volume usage on Wi-Fi. I apologize you have some difficulties with that.

We hope you come back and see us soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Alvin is a wonderful team member at the Red Roof Inn. He is very understanding and very helpful and very polite with all customers he allways has smile when he's with customers. He makes sure that customers know where to go and he makes sure they are headed to the right direction and the way he speaks to customers with professionalism and a lot of love Alvin is a very helpfull man we appreciate all his help and smiles he gave me and my husband when we always go to red roof inn at Naples Florida on Davis blvd thank you again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donnasesma

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. WOW, what great things you said about Alvin and Mishael. I will share your review with them and my entire staff. We take a great deal of pride in our service and quality and in making our guest feel important. I am glad to hear we achieved that with you.

I hope to have you stay again in the near future!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you're new to Naples.... don't be fooled by this location. It's right over a small bridge and a lovely walk past Tin City to downtown Fifth Avenue South. It's a great price for the proximity to Fifth Avenue South (the main downtown street in Naples) and the rooms are lovely & clean. The pool view's are the best. Dog Friendly also which is a huge plus in a very dog friendly town.

Thanks Alvin for your great customer service! I'll be back soon!

Ashley

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AshleyScou

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I will share it with Alvin and the rest of my team. We are the best value so close to downtown 5th Ave and the beach, just like you said a quick walk away. We are dog friendly with a special dog walk in the back and minutes away from a dog park and beach. I am glad your pet had a great stay as well.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is one of the few times Tripadvisor reviews didn't seem quite accurate. The only reason for 3 stars is comfortable beds and relative cleanliness. All laminate floors, while a bit weird, did seem clean except for the not very clean looking area rug right under the beds. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel with no coffee service or tissues. There was an extra roll of TP and a safe. No refrigerator, but an ice bucket with a close by ice maker. The vanity had a vessel sink, maybe to try to look modern, but the edge is approximately 40 inches high which is uncomfortable for short people and unusable for children. Noisy location, but we always travel with ear plugs. Fan in the bathroom runs constantly and the shower is so strong as to be uncomfortable. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank P H

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We do have deluxe doubles which are poolside that do have micro-fridges in them. We also have Superior King rooms which have micro-fridges, coffee makers with coffee, blow dryers and iron/ironing boards. Lastly we have suites that have full kitchens with all major appliances, cookware, dishware coffee maker, toasters and microwave. They sleep up to 6 people and have a separate bedroom and a living room with a pull out sofa.

On your next trip try on of these rooms that would better accommodate you. I am glad you found our inn clean and our beds comfortable!

Hope to see you again soon.