“A Few Service Flaws But Overall Satisfaction”

Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples
Ranked #41 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Many of the Red Roof Inns we have visited have become rather “tired” and in need of updating. This Naples facility, on the other hand, has been the recipient of a facelift and has a new modern look. Our “superior King pool view” room was very clean, spacious and well-equipped, with hardwood floors, a wall-mounted large screen TV., a safe, etc. With regard to the service flaws, we had two problems. After being assigned our room, I opened the door to discover an unmade bed. This meant a half hour wait while a maid was summoned to finish making up the room. The second issue involved a problem with our toilet. The chain between the tank handle and the tank’s rubber flapper had become detached. I reported the problem to the front desk but nobody showed up during our two-day stay to repair it. In the interim, we flushed the toilet manually. In spite of these local service concerns, we would recommend this hotel, primarily because of its spruced up interiors. For breakfast, there’s an IHOP restaurant on the property and the hotel is well situated close to Olde Town Naples and the local airport..

Room Tip: Although more expensive, the views from rooms overlooking the pool and interior courtyard are much n...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Given Naples is quite an expensive place to stay, the Red Roof offers decent value but is still just an average motel and customer service needs improving.

Location:
It's an easy 5 minutes drive to downtown. Walking-wise, it's about a 10-15min walk to Tin City (touristy shops/restaurants beside a marina) and a further 5 minute walk to downtown, however, be prepared to be walking alongside the 6 lane road that leads in/out of Naples. There is an IHOP right next to the resturant.

Hotel:
We stayed in a renovated room which had a desk area and flat screen tv. However, even given it was quite new, there was a musty smell which never disappeared during our stay. All rooms face out motel-style so it can be quite noisy. We, and a number of our disgruntled neighbours, listened to a loud refrigerated lorry for most of the night which was parked beside the hotel.

Accessibility - note that there is one free-standing block at the hotel which does not have lift access thus be prepared to carry your luggage up two flights of stairs if you're on the top.

There is a pool and a hot tub at the hotel.

Customer service:
As others have mentioned, the customer service needs improvement. After taking a while to get checked in (and I was the only guest there), we were assigned a room which already had people in it. After going back to reception to ask for another room, the receptionist was quite surly, and took FOREVER to assign me another room. I was then assigned an old-style room and when I asked to be assigned to the room I had actually paid for, this elicited another lengthy stay at reception while the receptionist wandered about and looked confused.

Overall, I wouldn't rush to this hotel, just another very average motel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The pros:

Very nice pool area, if you have kids they will like it.
Rooms are the "upgraded" newer style Red roof erooms with wood flooring, newer bath fixtures, flat screen TV, etc.
Easy to get to, in a decent area.
IHOP (right) next door for breakfast or food around the clock.
They put me through hell but eventually comped my room.

The cons:

Older style outside room access where you can hear everyone that parades by your room. I woke up inn the middle of the night because I swore there were people in my room, its that bad.

A/C was barely working and it wasnt even hot when I stayed there. I imagine in warm months it can get uncomfortable with these units.

Check-in took forever, they fill out eveything by hand, in triplicate,, and if the front desk person gets tied up with a couple of small groups checking in who feel the need to ask a million questions you'll be standing there for close to an hour,, it was obnoxiously long and this was 11:00 at night!! Cant even imagine what its like at rush hour.

Checked me into an already sold room, NICE touch. Fortunately no one was in the room naked or in the middle of some other embarrasing situation,,, or armed with a gun.. you can imagine all the wonderful scenarios walking into another guests room at 11:30 at night. so now back to the front desk for anothe 1/2 hor wait behind anothe guest that was checking in. I'm now close to an hour and 1/2 into the check-in process.

Got a new room (pool view upgrade, lol) same type of room overlooking a dark pool area. Climbed the 3 flights of stairs,, oh yes there's one incredibly slow elevator,,,,only to find the the key wouldn't work,,,,after a nice round of expeletives I can't repeat here I went back for round 3 at the Front desk,, now I'm tired and pissed.. Finally got a key that worked, Time now is approx 12:20.

Alarm Clock didnt work, hoped that wake-up call would come, but also set the alarm on my BBerry. Wake up call must have gone to the first room they checked me into,,,,

So overall I guess if you're looking for a cheap room, with a nice pool and you arent in a big rush to check-in and you like sharing a room with strangers then this Red Roof nmay be just the place for you,,,

Room Tip: Pool View, 3rd Floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeF62
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Generally we rent a condo for the week we are Naples, but none was available in the complex my parents were in and we wanted to be in close proximity for many reasons. My husband and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn and our children stayed with their grandparents at the condo. Thus, we were only at the Red Roof Inn for the nights/sleeping, not during the day. BUT, with all that said, the hotel must be recently renovated because it was nice and clean and looked very up to date. The bed was comfortable. We stayed in a suite which has a living room, kitchen and then a separate bedroom. A screened in porch overlooks what appears to be a nice pool and deck -- larger than expected. Don't expect fancy soaps and shampoo -- we just wanted a clean, safe place to spend the night and this fit the bill.

Room Tip: The entrance doors to the rooms are to an outside walkway so we chose the third floor so as not to s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We're regular customers of Red Roof Inns. They're budget-friendly properties, with not a lot of amenities but clean and well maintained. This particular Red Roof Inn we stayed at fits that bill. They do have a nice outdoor pool area with a tropical ambience. The rest of the property pretty much fits the Red Roof Inn brand. The price is much higher than your typical Red Roof Inn. I'm not sure if that's because of the pool or because Naples itself lies on the gulf. The beaches are nearby but I wouldn't advise walking because it's a pretty fair distance. Beach parking is tricky also. We dumped about $2 in quarters into the meter for about an hour and a half of beach time (a quarter per 10 minutes).

There is Tin City which IS walking distance from the hotel. This is a touristy collection of shops and diners along a waterway that is popular with locals as well as tourists. We walked there to find our dinner. Traffic is heavy in this part of town but we didn't find many people willing to dodge the bicycles on the narrow pavement walkway as we did. Downtown is just beyond Tin City and there is lots more to sample if you're into the shopping and dining scene.

We did have a bit of trouble getting our room as the original room we were assigned at check-in had guests already there! We didn't realize this until we had already entered the room, and found it unclean with luggage strewn about. But the staff upgraded us to a better room facing the pool and for that we were grateful.

Overall, this room was okay for our purposes. I think if we were to return to this area, we might as well stay at a less expensive hotel farther out and avoid the high traffic and higher prices here in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A surprisingly good hotel and it exceeded our expectations for the price we paid.The location is handy for the main roads and there are some very good restaurants close by especially an Italian where the service is excellent and the staff cheerful. An Ihop is close by for breakfast.

Room Tip: Hotel is set well back from a main road so you should get a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
1  Thank Golfboy111
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel had great service. Carlos at the front Desk helped us out a lot. He recommended places to go and was very helpful when we had to change our reservation due to a family emergency. The hotel was very nice and clean and for a very good price. Property #237

• Stayed: March 2013