“Good hotel, spotty service”

Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples
Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Chicago, IL
“Good hotel, spotty service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place looks like it is after a major renovation. It is very well maintained, landscaping is very nice, pool is heated, jacuzzi is excellent, room was very comfortably. However, the service was not that great. Most of the time service was good, few times it was not. One day a floor towel was missing and I asked a cleaning lady for one. The lady did not speak any English at all. I guess she thought I wanted her to clean the floor. She said "un minuto" and disappeared. I did not see her again that day. Another day, I went for a cup of tea. There was no coffeemaker in the room but they serve tea and coffee in the lobby. It is fine to me as long as hot water and tea/coffee is available but that evening all pots were empty. I told a lady at the reception that they ran out of hot water and coffee. She said, wait a minute and disappeared. Later, I found that she just left home for the day. Would you believe that? Few minutes later, another lady took over the reception desk so I ask her for hot water. Also, on that day my room was not served so I asked her why, and she said this is because I posted a do-not-disturb sign. I said I did not do that. Then she said that the room was served but I just did not notice that. I said no, the room was not served. Then again she said that I posted a do-no-disturb sigh. I told her again that I did not do that. Then she opened the cleaning records and said that she has a record that the room actually was served indeed and showed me that record, signed. When I said her one more time again that the room was not served at all, she finally asked me what do you want? OK, I said, just give me two fresh towels please, which she did. There was also police in the hotel on that evening, which did not look good at all. Check-in and check-out were OK but the service person looked very tired or bored. The Internet connection was slow, between 0.2 and 0.4 mbs, which is very mediocre speed. Otherwise, the place was very good, price was reasonable, and overall, I was happy with my stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank OnBudgetTraveler
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will take your comments and share with my staff as a way to help provide future guests a more positive service experience.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Naples

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We normally wouldn't stay at a Red Roof Inn, but it was for one night, had good reviews, and was decently priced at $90. The guy who greeted us was friendly and helpful. I was surprised when we entered our room, because it was completely remodeled and up to date. The room and bathroom were clean, the sheets were fresh and clean, and there was a small refrigerator and microwave in our room. The beds and pillows were comfortable too. The floors were "hardwood" but i like the hardwood look much better than carpet. There was a grill, picnic table, pool and jacuzzi within the middle of the hotel grounds. I do have to say I do agree with the other reviewers about the soundproofing issue. I am not sure what could be done to remedy this issue though. All in all, we would stay here again when we are in Naples.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PattyPfromtheD
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and our courtyard area. I will share your review with my staff as it encourages us to continue to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Look forward to have you return next time your in Naples
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Beware of using this hotel. The service is awful - rude, overworked desk clerks who obviously are not well trained. During a Christmas family vacation, the hotel refused to honor my rewards reservation and pre- payment for a room, forcing me to pay twice for lousy service. When I called management to dispute, they would not refund the money. My credit card company is pursuing a claim against them. Bottom line: They do not care about customers, based on my experience, which is my first and absolute last.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank TravelAJV
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize for your experience at my location. Without knowing all the details regarding your stay, I am unable to explain what went wrong. Regarding your refund, I apologize I know nothing about it. Embarrassing as it sounds.

Please allow me the chance to make this right for you. This is not exceptable service and how we want our guest to feel. Please contact me directly at 239 -774-3117 or by e-mail i0237@redroof.com.

I look forward in speaking with you and in making it right.

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff
Nice pool and very hot jacuzzi
A little dated decor but clean and everything worked
Internet a little choppy
Dog friendly - which means that if you are unlucky and your neighbor happens to have a dog, the noise could get annoying
No hairdryers in the rooms but reception happily gives you one if you ask

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lachbus
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for your review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest and I will share your comments with my team. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and jacuzzi and found my staff to be helpful.

We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Let me start off with the positive side of this hotel. I loved the suite layout. It had a full kitchen complete with a full stove, oven and a full refridgerator. The kitchen had all needed utinsels and dishes. It was the largest kitchen I have ever seen in a suite. It had a passthrough window from the kitchen to the living area. The bedroom area was a nice size with comfortable beds and a screened in balcony that overlooked the pool area. The bathroom had a bedroom and hallway entrance. The pool area was nicely landscaped. Internet access was easy and free. No breakfast, just coffee and tea in the lobby. We found the wood floors (yes, no carpet in the rooms) a problem.
The floors look nice but we knew because we have wood floors at home that the noise level was going to be a problem and it was. There is no sound absorbtion in the building at all!! We heard every step by anybody that came close to the room. We could even hear our own steps when we walked across the room. We heard every door slam around us. Our own door was sticking and had to be pulled hard to close. Maybe it was the weather, but some type of soundproofing is needed. The hotel is also located across from some type of night hotspot. There was only one garbage can in the entire room and it was a small wastebasket in the bathroom. A kitched that large and meant for cooking but no garbage can? If this room was in an a building that had adaquate sound barriers it would have scored a 4 with me. The noise level made it a safe bet that I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep at night, stay away from this hotel unless you can sleep with a lot of noise al...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beckyone
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful pictures. I am so happy that you enjoyed our suites. They are certainly great for extended stays with the full kitchen for cooking. I apologize for the noise you encountered, we are currenly installing weather stripping around the doors to help fix the sound and in helping opening and closing.

I will share you comments with my staff and we hope to see you again
New Carlisle, Ohio
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was my sixth year in a row staying @ this property and the new renovations are Excellent. The pool, hot tub area, is beautifilly landscaped and they installed a gas burning fire pit that we used every evening! It's close to shopping, restaurants, and only 1 mile from the Gulf Beaches. If your ever in the area you need to stop and check this property out!! The staff and mgr are the best too!!

Room Tip: Choose one of the suites with the full kitchen!! Well worth the extra $$. We were there for 6 nigh...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mommad7860
DawnHughes, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ and Suites Naples, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review. We appreciate your feedback as it helps encourage my staff as well as letting future guest know about my inn.

The fire pit you mentioned has been a great addition and everyone has enjoyed it. Glad you did as well. I will share your review with my staff and thank you for coming back year after year. Your feedback and your loyality means everything to us.

Thanks again and see you in 2013!
Kusnacht, Switzerland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I just needed a hotel for a night close to the old town of Naples. The lady at the reception was very friendly. When I entered the room I was positively surprised especially in mind what I've paid for the room. Everything is brand new and the decoration is stylish. There free internet was very fast and there was a fridge and a microwave in the room. When you use the safe you have to pay $1.50 but that's ok.

The king size bed was also brand new and the sleeping quality very good. Everything was clean and you could leave a message in the case you are not happy with the cleaning. There is no fitness center but a pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lexli
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property. Thank you for your wonderful words.

We have taken so much pride in our renovation and pleased that you enjoyed it. Our new beds have been a hit and guest seem to really get a good night sleep, glad you did as well. I am also glad you were pleasantly surprised and that we made a lasting impression.

Hope to see you here again soon