“FANTASTIC PROPERTY”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed at the Hawthorn Suites with our wedding party back in March. Sorry the review is late! We were all treated like Kings and Queens! (All 7 Rooms) The facility is beautiful and the staff genuinely loved their jobs. The furnishings and linens were immaculate. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about the hotel. Our family lives in Naples during the winter months but we will be staying at the Hawthorn from now on! It is our new home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2010

After seeing the youtube video and the extravagent welcome that is given when you pull up in your car, it was a bit of a disapointment that the front door remained shut when we pulled in (especially after arriving from a 4 star hotel in Miami - the torrential rain didn't help either). However, we spent 2 nights here and to be honest the staff and management were excellent.

I can honestly say, I have never stayed anywhere with such genuine honest and helpful service, The free wifi, happy hour and breakfast were very high quality. Also the manager often manned the reception himself and was happy to help with any problems. This attitude cascaded down to the staff who were always ready to answer anf questions.

Only slight criticism is that the aircon in the room got very noisy, but I read about this on a previous review and it was only in short bursts.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Been to this property several times for a quick getaway. The rooms are large, good value for the price, and staff always friendly and helpful. The Italian restaurant next door has changed owners recently and is outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The stay at this hotel was great. Their beds were great. The kitchenette was fine. I will definitely stay at these this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We came back to Naples for our anniversary, after having a great time in 2008. At that time we stayed at another hotel, but tried the Hawthorn after reading reviews and getting a suite with a full kitchen.

The room is basic but functional, as it was nice to have a full size fridge and microwave to keep and reheat our leftover dinner. Also good was the bed was better than average for a hotel. Free breakfast was also good - where can I get those chocolate chip donuts!

However, we had to move to a different room after our second night. When we first arrived our toilet would flush but appeared to flush slowly. It became clogged when I woke up after the second night (flush with urine only), and went down and got a plunger from the front desk. This unclogged it to some degree, but would not flush down toilet paper when I tested. Maintenance came - but the very young-looking man defiantly does not know much about plumbing. I was offered another room - but was right across from the elevator (and we did not want to listen to that all day and night). After further wrangling we were given another room - with a toilet that worked much better.

This two hour experience soured things - especially since each person we sought for help (two at front desk and maintenance) did not appear overly apologetic for our situation. I did get one quick apology at one point, but overall did not feel the overwhelming service many others on Trip Advisor raved about.

If we go back to Naples, we would rather stay where we did in 2008 (see my previous review of that hotel). Overall, assuming the toilet in our first room is not what is normal, this hotel could be a good option for someone wanting value with a full kitchen. Just put some toilet paper and test flush when you first arrive.....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
kctnaples, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2010

I apologize for your difficulty with the toilet. We do have low flow toilets as mandated by the State of Florida and if you do not hold the lever down an extra 2 or 3 seconds clogs can develop that do require more than plunging. I apologize that you did not receive a heartfelt apology I will speak with the entire staff as any complication encountered should be treated seriously. I am sorry you choose not to return to see us and I invite you to contact me directly at kevin@hawthornnaples.com. I would love to invite you back at some point.

Respectfully

Kevin J Short
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel exceeded my expectations. We had a mini suite with a full kitchen, sm living rm and bedroom. The hotel was very clean inside and out. We had a free breakfast every morning and a happy hour Monday thru Thrusday. What more could you ask for. The location of the hotel was perfect for the beach, shopping and for me visiting family. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2010

This is the forth year we have stayed at Hawthorn Inn. The management make you feel like you are part of their family. They give you the feeling that they care. The workers bend over backwards to please you. Its a great place to meet people and to make lasting friendships. We would like to thank Kevin, Tom, Juan, and Wanna for making our vacations great.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple