“First visit to Naples Florida”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in Naples for a weekend visit. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and spaceous. Rooms had full kitchen if you needed a refrigerator and stove along with microwave.
Free breakfasts were excellent. Dawn the cook did a great job and was very friendly.
Very affordable room rates and nice pool area. Close to food places and Interstate 75.

If you are a harley fan, the dealership is right around the corner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your 5 star review and thank you for choosing Hawthorn Suites for your first trip to Naples! I trust you enjoyed Naples as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to let Dawn know about your compliments. We all hope to see you again for your 2nd trip to Naples!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything about our stay was perfect, from check in to check out. Nadiya (I think that was her name,) helped us feel very welcome. The room was spotless and beautifully presented. The pool was sparkling and the breakfast was great. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. We would definitely stay here if we were in Naples again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank your for the 5 star review! I am pleased to hear that Nadia mad you feel so welcome at check in. I will be sure to let her know that you appreciated her efforts. We all hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was appalled and SHOCKED to be advised that this 'pet friendly' motel (I stress motel -- certainly not a 'hotel' by any stretch!) charges $125 per night!!! This has got be some record for greed and 'bait and switch'. Tell me, how can a hotel chain be pet friendly yet GOUGE the heck out of the guests for using their 'pet friendly' hotel. Seriously, will never every stay at ANY Wyndham property EVER AGAIN. This is an outrageous charge for a pet -- particularly since ours is only a 4 lb Yorkie - who spent his stay there in his cage because of all the NOISE that was coming from the hallways and ceilings and walls. Apparently, this property booked some sort of pre-teen gathering of which had little to non-exist chaperone or adult supervision. When advised of management of this, the comment is 'oh well'! Seriously you can charge me $125 per night for my pet, but yet do nothing for the out-of-control children in your establishment. I just can not wrap my head around $125 charge for a pet -- this is not pet friendly -- that is PET GOUGING. Perhaps a note to our Congressman and motel commissioners is in order. Seriously STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY

3  Thank Denise V
TDWhite, Owner at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Denise,

I can only assume that you wrote this prior to our discussion yesterday. Based on our discussion yesterday it was my understanding that you now had a better understanding of our pet fee policy and did not feel so outraged and in fact you intended to return. As I stated yesterday we do accept pets and we do charge a fee of $125 for doing so. We do not differentiate our fee based on the pet breed or size (I can sympathize with your concern being the owner of a pet that is smaller than most but as you could imagine it would be difficult for us to develop a fee based on pet size). As you could imagine some pets require more work to care for than others and our fee structure is based on averages. I did take note of your suggestion to try and place the wording that a pet fee will apply where we can. That being said some third party sites like the one you made your reservation with us do have limitation. I hope this clarifies things and I look forward to meeting you when you return.

Tom White

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Michael R, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family and I stayed for a weekend get away! We had a blast. The room was clean, service was GREAT!. The pool area was clean and my kids had a ball. There's also a basketball court. The complimentary breakfast was great. You get to make your own fresh waffle.
The hotel is close to everything, shopping outlet, local water park, jet skiing, Walmart etc...

Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review! It seems as if you were able to enjoy all of the amenities that Hawthorn Suites has to offer. We hope that you and your family will come visit us again for another getaway very soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The owner and his dad make you feel at home. One of ther will Bar B Q ON Wednesday. Dawn the breakfast chef is the best. She made each wonderful. Without Selma the office manager the trip this year would not have happened. She got me the best room for my handicapped wife and granddaughter who is on crutches after a motorcycle accident, Thank you all. My son and I have been coming for 8 years. Hope to be there the next 8, Larry E Smith

Room Tip: third floor rooms have great views of the pool and wetlands behind the resort
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the 5 star review and thank you for being such loyal customers! It is our goal to to have our guests come back year after year and we love it when our friends come home to Hawthorn Suites. I will be sure to let Selma and Dawn know how much you appreciate their efforts and hard work. We all look forward to the next Smith Family Annual Getaway!