“Where to Begin.”

Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reston, VA
“Where to Begin.”
Reviewed October 15, 2005

I arrived at the Ritz Golf Resort on the 13th of October and stayed till the 15th for my 30th Birthday Celebration. Check in lady was stuffy and well not very personable, did not wish me a Happy Birthday - not sayin it was required - just would have been nice at check-in as it was noted as the one reason of my stay at the Ritz, Golf Naples. Rooms were clean upon arrival, but had no music playing nor fresh flower in the bathroom. Highly recommend the breakfast buffet at Lemonia. Breakfast food and service were absolutely excellent. Did not use the valet in my bed and breakfast package, and like previous Tripadvisor's say it's really not necessary given the close proximity of the self parking lot. Took the shuttle to the beach resort several times, punctual and friendly driver. Got the Spa Signature Package, ate at the Gumbo Limbo/Poolside Cafe, and got chairs on the beach at the beach resort and it was all stellar/first class. I must stress the staff at the beach resort were by far friendlier then the Golf resort. Juan is the man at the The Spa, and went out of his way to show me around the facilities. However, the beach resort has some big renovation project going on which would seem noisy had I stayed there, and loud kids and teenagers were everywhere around the pool. Overall, a very pleasant vacation between the 2 resorts. The Golf Resort rooms could have been better prepared with the rooms, and front desk staff could be more friendly. To the Golf resort's credit, when I went to the front desk at check out to go over my bill, a different lady did wish me a happy birthday. Neverthless, had I not checked over my bill at the front desk then nothing would have been said... Small things make a big difference as I've stayed at other Ritz's and know what they can do, and the Ritz Carlton, Golf Resort just was not up to par this week as a 5 Star on a not so busy week.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank sonicsmurf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Odenton, MD
Reviewed October 11, 2005

My husband and I have stayed at many of the world's best hotels and expect the kind of service that should come from five star resorts. This is the most unpleasant hotel I have ever been at, PERIOD. I would rather sleep in my car than be forced to stay here again. I have stayed at many Ritz Carltons (NYC, D.C, Lake Oconee, Boston, Miami, London) and have never received this poor of service. I have had better, more personable service at Hostels that I stayed at in college. The only nice thing about this hotel was the golf (which isn't part of the resort really, so play there and stay elsewhere) Our room was a disaster upon check in (which was 11 pm for us) because a toilet had overflowed on to the floor. What really made this worse was that my husband had ordered fruits and wine and had the staff deliver it before arrival. It's revolting that no one thought to tell somebody that the room smelled of human waste. After calling the front desk (the bell didn't even leave the room because it smelled so horrible) they reluctantly moved us to a junior suite (after they sent up maintenence to try and fix it and clean up). This was the only thing they did for us all week long. Over four nights, room service delivered cold food, we waited a long time to get seated for breakfast(even though there were only a handful of people there) poolside service was horribly rude, Turndown service came at 5:00 pm and when my husband asked that they come back, the woman told him "that she couldn't do that." The icing on the cake was that the last two days our room was never cleaned. I mean towels were not refreshed, trash left in cans and on bedside tables. The bed was literally trown together, with pillows on the floor! When I asked to speak to a manager I was given the front desk manager who did NOTHING but offer an apology and walk away. When I sent pictures of our filthy room to Ritz Carlton Headquarters along with a letter, I never recieved a response. Prior to this trip we were considering buying into the Ritz Carlton Club in Colorado, would never do that now. The staff at this hotel is sad and rude, I was actually ushered out on our last day by one of the hotels managers who shut the door on me in our car without saying a word. I truly believe that because we complained they purposely ignored us and were rude to us. This trip had me in tears by the second day, they ruined a special occasion. We should have checked out and gone elsewhere. In my opinion, stay at The Registry in Naples which is far more private and friendly. We have not stayed at a Ritz Carlton since and have switched to the Four Seasons. This entire trip still angers me to tears. It was a complete waste of money!

• Stayed May 2005
28 Thank glory4
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2005

My wife and I spent a lot of time looking for somewhere to spend our final vacation before the arrival of our baby (we are due in December) -- we wanted to stay somewhere warm and not too far a plane trip from home -- with the help of Tripadvisor we selected the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort and we couldn't have been happier.

After landing in Fort Myers and realizing that our luggage did not come off our plane, we hopped in our rental car and drove to the hotel where we were greeted warmly by the staff. Every question or request is answered with "my pleasure" -- a real treat.

Room:

Our room was a corner room overlooking the golf course -- a truly beautiful view. Comfortable bed with large bathroom.

Meals:

We had the bed and breakfast package which included a wonderful buffet breakfast each morning in Lemonia -- their Tuscan restaurant.

We had lunch each day at the poolside grill -- a little pricy -- but wonderful menu and service. I strongly recommend the Cobb salad.

Service:

Impeccable -- poolside delivery of ice water and frozen grapes -- pleasant staff -- you really feel like you are staying at much more expensive resort.

Price:

Bar none -- this was a great deal. We had off-season rates and on-season service and amenities.

Note: we did go over to the Ritz Beach Resort on one day of our trip (you can use both resorts while staying at one) -- the hotel felt old, dated, and stodgy -- the pool was loud and the service was less impressive. However, the spa was incredible -- expensive but well worth it as the facilities were outstanding.

Hint: Couple should stay at the newer, more quiet golf resort -- families may like the beach resort better.

All in all -- a great trip -- can't wait to get back!

9 Thank hc555
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2005

What a wonderful first experience at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort. My husband and I are so impressed with the staff. From the moment we set foot in the hotel everytime we said thank you we were greeted with the phrase "it is my pleasure." The Bella Vista Lounge serves great light fare and the music played there every night was pleasant to the ear. The hotel upgraded our room and the resort is quiet at this time of year -- exactly what we were seeking on this vacation. We plan to return after the holidays to relax and enjoy the pampering of this special hotel.

4 Thank simom6
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2005

This was such a pleasant and relaxing experience. We were pampered from teh second we pulled up to the second we left. The pool staff was so attentive, and the room, while not devastatingly sumptuous, was about what you wold expect from a Ritz. We could have spend out entire trip at this resort and the beach resort. The food was fantastic at the golf club pool and at Gumbo Limbo at the beach hotel. The lobby bar was hopping on weekend nights, and the sports bars were fun as well. I will definitely be back.

5 Thank JAtlanta
Delray Beach
Reviewed September 12, 2005

This place is amazing...Rooms are A+++...We stayed in Suite overlooking gold course...Layed out by the pool...Play round of golf...totally relaxing.....You must stay here...Best place to stay in Naples...I give it 10/10

Stayed October 2004
5 Thank vintagegirl
new york, ny
Reviewed September 3, 2005

I took my fiance there for his birthday, and we loved it! The breakfast was amazing! Very reasonable price for filet mignon and eggs, and the service was impecable. The resort is beautiful, and having free self parking was a major help! We recommend this hotrel greatly.

• Stayed August 2005