“Great Getaway”

The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
McDonough, GA
Reviewed September 1, 2005

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resport in Naples as a short 5th anniversary getaway. What a wonderful hotel. I have stayed the the Amelia Island Ritz and the Rose Hall Ritz and this place is just as nice or better. Staff is second to none. Ask for the golf course view room at check-in. We saw as many as 5 others at the pool, so we were basically by ourselves. Staff comes around with comp water and fruit about every 20 minutes. Drinks are pricey, but made just right. Consider ordering the chips/salsa/guac - excellent. We took the free shuttle over to the Ritz Naples beach resort just to check out the beach and to lay by the pool. It was overcrowded with kids, but nice nonetheless. Beach area was less populated. There was some confusion over the spa package we had purchased with the room, but the staff resolved it. Don't bother with valet parking as the free lot is about 25 yards away.

Will be back!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples

Reviewed August 9, 2005

old charm with modern amenities...service is great, the rooms are fantastic with separate shower and bath tub, the food at the restuarant was good and the grounds are really lovely - you won't regret it. the cinma , dining etc is all near by

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank dmitry2009
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed August 9, 2005

My wife and I took a 3 night getway in late July at the Golf Resort. This resort exceeded all of our expectations. Everything that has been written so far has been dead on. The service is by far the best we've ever experienced. Every single individual who worked here went out of their way to make us feel special. We spent a day at the beach resort - nice but too crowded and not as intimate as the Golf Resort. Next time we return to Naples we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2005

We have just returned from a fabulous stay at the Ritz Carlton. I thought we had stayed at some wonderful hotels before, but none compare after our stay here. The staff was excellent in every aspect. The pool at the resort is elegant and fun. They have noodles in the pool for the guests to use, they wrap your lounge chairs in wonderful blankets and will set up an umbrella for you if you need one. All day long they bring ice cold glasses of water for you to drink, chilled grapes to eat, smoothies to try and the food is good, and I thought reasonably prices for the Ritz. The pool servers were extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy what they do. They went out of their way to make our 4 year old feel special, and he had a great time. We will definitely be back for another vacation.

11  Thank mauen66
UK
Reviewed July 22, 2005

stayed here with my 2 kids. one word UNBELIVABLE!. I have stayed at some great hotels in my time, the best being Gleneagles in scotland but this place and the service made Gleneagles look like a Travel-inn. Got a great rate of $100 per night which was even better. If your staying in Naples STAY HERE!.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 8, 2005

I went to this resort with my family with expectations, mainly due to the fact that I had read reviews of others on tripadvisor.com. As soon as we pulled up to the hotel, I knew that it was going to exceed what I had thought it would be. The service is unbelieveable. The staff was very helpful and not stuffy at all, they were all very friendly and coulnt do enough for you, and they never seemed to be in a bad mood, even the house keeping staff was very friendly and took our special requests of when we wanted our room to be cleaned. The hotel is not very large, therefore, it never got overcrowded, and for the size of the hotel, they had A LOT of people working there. Its veiws of Tiburon are great and the pool was very nice and relaxing, and best of all was that they do not use chlorine, but an iodine system which allows you to open your eyes under water without having them burn and be red when you come out. The pool was also opened 24 hours a day which was very nice. The guestrooms are large and have unbelievable all marble bathrooms (very nice). They had a great game room for the kids and also a family movie room. The beach at the beach resort was very nice, however, that hotel was very crowded and service was not as good as at the golf resort, I am very glad I stayed there instead. I can not recommend this hotel enough!

8  Thank jupiter3952
Reviewed July 8, 2005

My partner and I took our moms (both in their upper-80s) to the Ritz Carlton for a five day vacation, cut short only because of the possibility of being socked by Hurricane Dennis. This resort could make a fortune by teaching all other hotels the secrets of its success -- hiring the most accommodating staff, preparing and graciously serving incredible meals, and keeping the place spotless. It was my second visit in six months and I was afraid that I had built the Ritz Carlton up so much it wouldn't live up to my family's expectations. Happily, we were all most satisfied. The drive into the property and the entrance are stunning, the bellmen and parking attendants greet you with a smile (and provide you with bottles of cold water on your way out each morning), the restaurant staff remembered our names after the first day and the moms' favorites (a certain kind of tea, a fresh banana, a prefered table). The breakfast buffet in the hotel's restaurant, Lemonia, was the best I've ever seen and tasted --the freshest berries, four or five different egg dishes so you could something different each day, incredible pastries, even small pitchers of honeydew and cantaloupe juice. The pool was great, with servers bringing ice water, frozen grapes, samples of raspberry smoothies, and for purchase, anything off the menu, all yummy. It was too warm this time to use the whirlpool spa, but in February it felt great. There is a well-maintained fitness center with Cybex equipment and a sauna, and a small playground near the pool for kids. We stayed here even though we don't play golf. If you do, you will be in duffer heaven. There are also four tennis courts. The resort is managable to get around and if we wanted to go the Ritz on the beach in Naples, there was a shuttle running frequently until 11:30 p.m. When we talked to the desk clerk about checking out early because of the approachng storm, he was very understanding and supportive, telling us while they were sorry to see us leave, it was the right move. There were also no penalties for the early check-out. If you want to be pampered and treated like you are the most important guest in the hotel, stay at the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort in Naples. Go to the Ritz Carlton Web site for deals and packages -- ours included breakfast each morning, valet parking and tickets to the local nature conservancy (it was just OK, by the way) for $179 per room. For a AAA Five Diamond resort, it was a real bargain. Thanks to all there for a job well done and a most enyoable stay. Oh, one last restaurant recommendation off-property -- Fleming's Steak House, located less than 10 minutes from the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort in a shopping plaza at the intersection of US Route 41 (Tamiani Trail) and Vanderbilt Beach Road. It is a high-end (pricey) place but well worth it -- better than the steak houses in New York City.

Stayed: July 2005