“First time at the Ritz”

The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and I decided to stay at the Ritz with my wife and three kids 6, 7, and one month. This is a great hotel with great staff. Everyone was helpful and friendly. We should all treat each other like the Ritz Staff does. The world would be a better place. It was labor day weekend and the hotel brought out bounce houses, water slides, games for the kids. At night there were movies for the kids with a buffet for the kids. They loved the drinks and deserts . The lounge serves great martinis and there is a piano player in the evenings. The rooms are over the top with marble. From our 6th floor room you could see the hotels located on the ocean in the distance. The bathrooms at the swimming pool also had marble bathrooms like a palace. Shuttle to the beach free chairs and umbrellas water and a restaurant limbos beachside for drinks and great sandwiches. Billiard room and little golf clubs for the kids to use on the green in front of the hotel Great fitness center! This is a destination unto itself. No need to go anywhere else! .All your entertainment is at the hotel. This was a relaxing stay. We had the wagu sliders which I do not recommend and the grouper sandwich needed more flavor. The deserts at limonia were outstanding.
Eric Stupel Surfside, Florida

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ericst

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have looked at this property numerous times on line but never booked thinking it might be too one dimensional. Well, was I ever wrong! It feels like a boutique hotel, very warm and welcoming. The rooms are luxurious and service First Class. It has several dining options on property. I particularly enjoyed the bar menu or terrace dining (both have a fabulous view). The gym was designed efficiently with views of the outdoors. The pool was beautiful. I encourage families to give this a try as many of the amenities are not crowded because most guests are golfing or playing tennis. A shuttle is available for the short ride to Ritz on Naples Beach. Or visit the shoppes and restaurants in the charming downtown. Off season features many package deals!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We got some deal to stay one night with free wifi free breakfast free valet and free beach chairs. Great deal! Everyone is so gracious friendly people in the pool and it's pet friendly. They even upgraded our room. Just what the Dr. Ordered for one night without the baby. Great food and let us check in early and out late. Will stay again. Want to try beach resort once construction is complete.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value, Amex centurion fine hotel property with great extras, I stay here once a month. Fabulous staff that caters to your every need. I love a property who's bell men welcome me by name as I pull into the valet stand.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel does not live up to the Ritz carlton standard. It has one of the most Unimpressive lobbies I have ever seen. It was totally lacking the beautiful floral displays that I have become accustomed to with Ritz Carlton.

The pool and service were just average and our suite felt dated.
We were greatly disappointed with the lack of a club lounge! This is the primary reason we stay at the Ritz. A closed club lounge is simply unheard of. As a platinum member we expect this amenity with every stay.

Overall, we were completely unimpressed with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Arrinph
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent 2 nights here in August, a quiet month. We found the drive-up very good. The attentive staff service started before we could stop the car. Our room was clean and on par with what we would expect at a Ritz. We had a nice relaxing dinner in Lemonia. The food was good and the service was very good. Given the time of year, there were only 3 tables occupied with 4 waiters, one would expect attentive service. It was not overbearing; just perfect. We could not enjoy the pool or golf due to the weather but they looked nice from the inside.

Room Tip: A high room in the back, overlooking the pool area, made for a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had stayed at the Ritz on the Beach many years ago and was very pleased. This hotel is closed till the beginning of October for major renovation so I thought I would give it a try. The facility and staff are truly representative of a first class hotel.
The big discovery I made was that if you don't like crowds, the time to come to south Florida is August and September. I was concerned at first with the room rate being too low for a first class hotel but now know why. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to play the golf course. It looked first class and I look forward to coming back. Room service was above average and the light meal we had on the terrace was great.
We met a couple for a light dinner and unfortunately one of them was a little under the weather. She wanted soup but thought the clam chowder or bisque would be too heavy. The waiter, I wish I could remember his name, picked up on this and said if we could wait 30 min they could make some chicken noodle soup. Very impressive.

Room Tip: Check the off season rates.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business