“A nice reasonably priced place to stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Naples East (I-75)
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Lexington, Kentucky
“A nice reasonably priced place to stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This hotel is located just off I75 at exit 101. We selected it for the price, even though it was 10 miles + to Naples proper. Currently, there is some construction on the main road in front of the hotel so it is a little complicated to get in and out. There was no noise from the road. Our room was on the side facing away from the road.

I rated only average because of the dirty, smelly halls which made me concerned about the cleanliness overall. For the price, I think it was otherwise a nice enough place to stay. We didn't have much contact with the staff. There was no problem with our reservation or the bill etc. I think we would stay here again despite some concerns.

The entry way and the lobby were nicely decorated. The carpet in the halls is worn and often looked in need of vacuming. Also the hall had a stale smell maybe from old cigarette smoke. One day we came in and the hall was refreshingly scented, but by the next day it was back to the stale smell. The smell was not in our room.

Our room was fine. The fixtures, decor, and so on were very basic, but totally functional, which was acceptable considering the pricing. Our king bed was comfortable. The vanity area was well lit. I am always thankful for this as with more florescent lighting and less wattage in use in more and more hotels sometimes I can hardly see in the vanity area.

The included breakfast was okay. The selection was somewhat limited. There were no hot foods except for making your own waffles. They had boiled eggs, microwavable oatmeal, 3 basic cold cereal chioces, muffins, bagels, orange juice and a few other items. Some mornings it was crowded. There was a TV set up in the middle of the food buffet and people would stand in the way watching TV. So with that, plus the small food area it was crowded.

We found the location pretty convenient to downtown Naples because a main road into Naples was right in front of the hotel or you could take I75 to other northern exits to go over to the beaches, Venetian Bay area, or state park beaches. The other main road to the side of the hotel takes you to Marco Island and crosses the Tamiami Road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Avelave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Venice
Reviewed March 12, 2012

La Quinta does NOT tell you that they have 'smoking' rooms. You could get stuck in one like I did. These rooms are disgusting. One night in this room and all my luggage stunk. Hotel personnel would not give me another room because I booked with Priceline.

General Manger will not compensate or otherwise help to resolve because I used Priceline.

The manager in the morning moved me to another room. Finally, someone was helpful.

I travel to this area each year. La Quinta has lost all future revenue because the GM is unwilling to issue a credit or discount or anything. Very disappointing. This is a poor way to run a business dependant on customer service.

Room Tip: Although most hotels are now non-smoking, La Quinta is not. BUT they do not tell you that on their...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I recently had a last minute obligation in Sarasota and had to bring my two dogs with me. I booked another hotel that was supposed to be 'pet friendly' in the Sarasota area. The outcome was that the hotel in Sarasota was not so 'pet friendly' and I decided to leave a day earlier.

Thank god, after traveling for hours...I decided to take a chance to see if the La Quinta Inn (Naples-I75) had an available room and was pet friendly.

In essence, the friendly lady at the desk welcomed me and gave me a AAA discount with my membership...this hotel was actually a lot cheaper than the one in Sarasota and did not over-charge me bc I had two pets.

My room was 105...faced the parking lot but was so quiet! Though the room was a pet friendly room...it was clean, smelled good...new flat screen HD tvs...and most importantly...the bed, the linens and pillows were sooo comfortable! I slept like a baby after the terrible experience, I had at the other hotel in Sarasota. Nice touch also with a large tub (with a warming light while you are taking a bath,) cold fridge for your food and/or drinks and a microwave. Large desk with internet and a very comfortable chair to work, rather than a torn up flea market chair out of the 70's found at 'other hotels.

In the morning, there was a great breakfast with coffee, juices, eggs and bagels...more...After we all had breakfast ( I shared a bagel with my two dogs...they ate in the car,) I was ready for my ride back to Ft Lauderdale.

I highly recommend this very clean, friendly, economical, comfortable and pet friendly hotel to any of those who are traveling the West Coast of Florida with their 'furry friends and/or family members!'

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Alexandria
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Great place to stay for a couple of nights. Close enough to Naples at the right price. Good continental breakfast, plenty of parking, pets permitted. Easy drive into Naples for free parking while taking the Trolly Tour. Lots of restaurants in and around Naples to enjoy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. This was the first time we had ever traveled with our two dogs, a cocker spaniel and a maltese. It was a great value for the price. Comfortable beds, spacious room and a decent breakfast. Seemed to be newish and/or recently updated. The room was attractive (we stayed in 106), although we were not in it much. I noticed a smell to the room when we first arrived - not a bad smell, just a smell. After a bit realized the smell was the smell of recently cleaned carpet - that was nice. Front desk person was polite and friendly upon check in & check out. Needed additional towels in the morning cleaning lady was across the hall & very accommodating. The breakfast staff was polite and busy making sure all items on the buffet were fully stocked, eating area is a bit small. I would stay here again with or without pets.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
North Dakota
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed here while searching for a vacation home to purchase in the Naples area. It was convenient, quiet and comfortable. We got a weekly rate which saved us a considerable amount of money. The breakfast room was small but we sat outside in the sunshine which was even better. The breakfast included cold cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, hardboiled eggs, oranges and apples, packaged oatmeal, coffee and tea, orange juice and milk, waffles. The front desk people were helpful and very nice. Although about 1/2 hr drive from the beach, the location served us well. Parking and internet (reliable) were both free.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple