“HILTON HORROR”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
JACKSONVILLE, United States
“HILTON HORROR”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

For the price of this hotel, the accommodations should have been much better. No breakfast is included with the room. The room had a horrible smell. It smelled like mildew and dampness. The internet was either extremely slow or not working at all. The room was not well insulated and noise from the hallway could be hear very well. The bathroom does not have an exhaust fan and it becomes very humid in there after a shower. The room was not cleaned until after 4pm.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Renee P
Niccole N, Director of Sales at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. I do apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. We have listened intently to the feedback provided by our valued guests and are in the middle of a complete product improvement plan which includes updating our guest rooms. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back after the refurbishment of our rooms this summer so our team can impress you with the high level of hospitality and service we have become known for.
Niccole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I loved everything about the hotel - grounds, room, dining, pool and hot tub. We thought that the hotel was one of the best hotels that we have stayed and the pool and hot tub both has a stone waterfall. The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. We will be back!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank kbrophy44
I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Naples. Your mention of our team’s friendliness and recognizing the efforts of our housekeeping team is especially appreciated. I will look forward to sharing your kind words with everyone as I know it will certainly make their day! It will be our absolute pleasure to welcome you back.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

From the moment we checked in to the day we checked out was a superb experience. Check in was super smooth! Front desk staff is very proficient and take pride in what they do. We requested a crib for our 2 year old and before we even arrived to the room it was already in place. Room was your typical Beautiful Hilton with plush pillows and very clean bathroom.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Monique G
Your review of our Hilton Naples team makes my heart sing. Surpassing your expectations is what each of our team members strives to do every day. I will take pride in sharing your kind words with our team and sincerely thank you for sharing your experience.
Breinigsville
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton for five days with our young boys and we loved every minute of it! Everyone was so friendly and helpful, the hotel was extremely clean and the rooms were great. Shula's for breakfast was an added bonus with the package and we loved it. Great service and food. The beach chairs, towels and waters were great from the hotel. We are already planning next summers return trip to Naples and we will absolutely be staying at the Hilton!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Melissatripp
Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience while staying at the Hilton Naples. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our team as it serves as an extra incentive for all of us to go the extra mile when it comes to our valued guests. I’m happy you had the opportunity to enjoy Shula’s and to take advantage of our complimentary beach package which includes shuttle transportation, beach chairs towels and cold bottled water.

Thanks for choosing the Hilton Naples and we will all look forward to welcoming you back next summer.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Usually, this is an easy decision if the price is somewhat close - but, I would choose the Hilton Naples over the Waldorf regardless of price. Of course, it depends on what the purpose of your trip is. The Waldorf is trying to be more of a vacation resort - although, there are many better resorts all over Florida for the money.

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton recently because we needed space for a business meeting and were impressed with the dedication and professionalism of the staff. To set up the meeting, I spoke with Courtney Strong in Corporate Accounts. She was very professional and asked a lot of questions to make sure she understood what type of meeting we would be having and could set the room up accordingly.

We arrived to check in an hour or so before the meeting as I'm accustomed to the room not being set up correctly and other issues that I've had at other hotels. Much to my surprise, the room was ready, set up correctly, and our logo and name was displayed properly.

Valet parking is free and the service prompt and friendly. The desk clerk at check in made us feel welcome and shared with us everything we needed to know. She thanked me for being Diamond with Hilton and got us a room on the Executive floor with lounge access. Normally, this means your stuck with a cold continental breakfast, but not at the Naples Hilton! We received 2 breakfast coupons to order anything off the menu at Shula's the next morning. I had the Eggs Benedict and they were cooked to perfection! For those of you that play the status game in hotel stays, you know how rare it is to get Eggs Benedict as a free breakfast option.

During the booking process, I had mentioned to Courtney that it was my wife's birthday and that I was worried about being in the Dog house for making her work on her special day. After our meeting was done, we found a nice bottle of champagne and a piece of chocolate birthday cake waiting for us in the room! Thank you for keeping me out of Fido's house, Courtney!

Overall, this is now my favorite hotel in Naples. I've stayed at the Waldorf nearby for twice as much money and still prefer this hotel. It is cleaner, newer, and has better service than the Waldorf - and the restaurant is better (Shula's).

The Waldorf has a few advantages. If you want a beach, the Waldorf has one you can walk or shuttle to (it is not on the beach as it looks online). The exercise room is better, and the rooms there have a balcony. The bathrooms as the Waldorf have a better shower and tub as well. You pay a $30 resort fee and $22 for Valet parking in addition to the higher nightly rate. There are just too many other Florida hotels that are newer, cleaner, friendlier, and are actually on the beach, that I could stay at if I wanted to pay that much. For my money, the staff at the Hilton Naples is the deciding difference. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank HotelRHome
Thank you for your wonderful words of praise for our team at the Hilton Naples. I loved reading your review for so many reasons. We know you have many choices to host your meetings in our area so we are so appreciative that you placed your confidence in Courtney and our conference services team. Courtney is a rising star in our organization and has earned the loyalty of many guests with her attention to detail and ability to surpass expectations. I’m so glad you had the foresight to mention your wife’s birthday as we love a great reason to celebrate our valued guests.

Our team strives to combine service and value to offer our guests a fantastic experience. Thank you for letting us know our efforts are succeeding. I will take great pleasure in sharing your wonderful words with our team. Thank you and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time business or travel brings you to the Naples area.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a great hotel with a lovely pool. The rooms are spacious & the executive floor has a lounge.
They lend you beach chairs & ice box if your heading for the beach. The staff are all friendly & helpful especially Diane on Front Desk & Daniel in Executive Lounge.

3 Thank Jenny G
Thank you for taking time to let readers know about your great experience while staying at the Hilton Naples. It is especially gratifying to read about how helpful and friendly you found our team. Surpassing our guests’ expectations is always our number one focus and I’m glad Diane and Daniel were able to do so
Thank you for mentioning that you found great value by upgrading your room to our Executive Level which offers exclusive access to the Executive Lounge. The Executive Lounge offers complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres on a daily basis and serves as a great way to begin your day and wind down before dinner.

We certainly hope your travels will bring you back to the Naples area so we can welcome you back.

Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Loved it. Easy access to beach, it was a better price than the Waldorf and I feel like we got more for our money here. My only complaint was that the hallways were noisy and the door didn't really block the noise well. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple