WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami
“What happened Hilton??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

There was a time when Hilton stood for above average lodging, but you can't count on it anymore. I was in the Naples area for an overnight stay and was looking for a budget hotel and was most likely going to stay at a Hampton Inn, but I felt like I wanted a full service hotel. Checked into the hotel and the problems started. The hotel was overbooked and I was put into a room they thought I wanted. It was room 233. Just an average room. I noticed a bad smell and eventually tracked it down to the bathroom. It was the smell of mold. Anyway, I didn't complain because they were sold out. I settled in and logged into their free wireless. Didn't work. I though maybe since they were full they had some issues. Waited later to use, doesn't work. In the morning, doesn't work. I was glad it was free. They don't seem to be on the standard wireless system used at other Hilton properties.

In the morning I woke up around 6am for an early workout. I visited the executive level where I saw they had a coffee station. Poured some coffee and it was COLD. Anyway, back to the room and made myself some coffee. Full service?

The workout area was good, but they had a broken treadmill. No sign. Nothing. Placed looked a little unkept.

I figured all was not lost since breakfast was included. I figured they had the standard buffet found at all the other Hilton properties, but no luck. Looks like they outsourced the restaurant service and its only a la carte. It's a good restaurant and the food was very good.

The people at the hotel and restaurant were all very nice. Executive lounge was OK, but I have seen much better.

I did mention my issues with the Internet at checkout and they said that I should have called. Didn't mention all the other problems. What could they do? The hotel was sold out.

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jose M
LoveNaples09, Director of Sales at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so for your review. I absolutely appreciate the feedback we received from you. I do apologize that your guest room did not meet your expectations. We do our best to accommodate our guests wanting to keep up with their workouts while traveling so in addition to our in-house fitness center (all equipment was upgraded in November 2011) our hotel guests have complimentary access to a full service Naples Family Fitness centers which offers state of the art, fully equipped fitness centers complete with full schedule of exercise classes. I have shared your comments about the treadmill and was assured the equipment is checked for working order every morning. I apologize that the treadmill was not yet serviced prior to your workout on that particular morning. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant and please be assured that Shula’s is not outsourced and is an integral part of our hotel. The menu items for breakfast are all part of the high-quality Hilton brand standard. Lunch and dinner offer the delicious menu items Shula’s is known for. Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back during future travels to Naples.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
West Sussex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a week and were very pleased with our choice - there are nicer hotels in better positions in Naples, but they are much more expensive so if you are on a budget then you cannot go wrong with the Hilton. The staff are lovely and the rooms are more than adequate, all in all a great well positioned hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

That Hilton is very outdated when it comes to facilities. The room design is just awful, I believe you will find the most ugly design of shower curtains in that place. But when it comes to following standards, service, cleaning, friendliness and included stuff such as internet, parking, bikes etc. this place is just perfect. Be prepared not to find modern rooms but apart from that, my stay was absolute perfect! Thanks for this 3 enjoyable days!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend and we really enjoyed it.

The room was simple but pretty spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The service was excellent. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. The bathroom looks like a typical hotel bathroom, but the water pressure in the shower was excellent! They stock the bathroom with Peter Thomas Roth products, which is nice. They were very good about replenishing the shampoo and conditioner each day without us asking. I've found that most hotels don't do this...I guess they assume that each little bottle will last for more than a day (and it doesn't!).

The location is fine. It's very close to many restaurants and shops. There is ample free parking. It's not on the beach, which was fine with us because we didn't feel like paying for an expensive beachfront property. And we really didn't miss it. The pool area was beautiful and relaxing. We spent pretty much the entire weekend sitting by the pool. One night we did walk over to the beach to watch the sunset, which was beautiful. It was about a half hour walk, though.

The only issue we had is that the bathroom had little, tiny, crawling bugs on the counter. They looked like really little gnats or ants or something. I think that may just be a Florida thing, so I'm not sure if it's really the hotel's fault.

We had a really nice time and can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starryrach
miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Hilton in Naples. He paid a little extra to be in the 4th floor were the Vip lounge is. We didn't really enjoyed the lounge. It is small and crowded. We left everytime we entered. The table with coffee outside the Vip lounge was nice. We had coffee several times. We went to the jacuzzi at night it was clean and they provide towels. Employees in general were nice. The hotel is in a main road. You can find restaurants and stores walking distance. You have to go to the beach by car. What we liked the most was Don Shula's Restaurant on the first floor. The place, the service and the food were great!!! It was my husband's Birthday and he loved it!! I am sure everytime we go to Naples, we are going to eat there. We have been in other meat restaurants and Don Shula's is more elegant and has more quality for the same price than others. We highly recomend it. Another place you should go to eat is Mel's Dinner. its like 5 min from the hotel by car. The food is "home made" and everything is Good! The breakfast is excellent!! and the prices are incredible!! they have been there for many years. it is a "must" in Naples!! This hotel is very good but if you want to go to the beach every day I will stay closer. We drove everywhere we went. It has free parking. That is good!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank paisaMiami
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here on the Friday after Thanksgiving with our dog for one night. After a last minute cancellation by the property manager for a house we had arranged to rent, I was in an utter panic looking for accommodations that wouldn't make me feel like a second class citizen for traveling with my pet. Hilton Naples delivered!

Our room was very clean and quiet. The view left much to be desired (we were on the end of the 2nd floor facing north). But for one night in town to visit with family it didn't matter. They don't allow pets by the pool and that was the only real fault I found with them. Their "pet walk" area could be nicer but there's a little side street that leads into a perfectly good neighborhood for strolls. They do provide a list of local restaurants that permit pets outdoors and contact information for the nearest emergency vet.

Shawna, the front desk clerk who checked us in, was wonderfully nice. She showed us how to get to a pet friendly beach and made the (excessive) paperwork manageable. For us the location was perfectly central (downtown / Vanderbilt Beach) and we would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle W
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Naples for 5 nights recently having crossed the Atlantic on Celebrity Eclipse. We did t he same stay last year at this time. We were very impressed last year and so we returned - and we were certainly not disappointed. The comfort, facilities, breakfast in Shulas and the efficiency and friendliness of the entire staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are bright and sunny
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

1 Thank 800Afgeorge