“Not the same restaurant as the one behind Mels on 9th St North”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jaegerhaus - CLOSED

Jaegerhaus
Cuisines: European, German, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Naples, Florida
“Not the same restaurant as the one behind Mels on 9th St North”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

The name has now been changed for the one on Immokalee Rd It is the Black Forrest Mill and is run by the original owners Arthur and Dale Storache. Arthur is a real German Chef and I was also disappointed when they sold the Jaegerhaus on 9th St North after that the food was never the same and restaurant is now closed. I have the Eisbien (roasted pig shank) when I go always going to order something else but it is so good I order it again. I prefer it with the skin on but here it is not on the menu. Good german beer also.

• Visited December 2013

“Great hidden gem .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We are so glad the owners are back here.the food is great. The owners are very attentive.service was perfect.reservations are needed.beer is ice cold.it is one of our favorites.

• Visited November 2013
“Such a Disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have just returned from a less than salubrious dining experience at the Jaegerhaus Restaurant in Naples. We'd had high expectations, and looked forward to having some of our favorite German foods.

The first indication that things would not go well was the dining room itself. It's rather run-down and charmless, with insubstantial tables and chairs and no decor to speak of. Some
framed photographs are interesting, but are not shown to advantage on heavily painted walls. A small suit of armor(?) and a large cuckoo clock (not working) also seem dispossessed.

The lack of atmosphere could have been overlooked, however, if the food was authentic and well prepared. It was not; in most cases it was dreadful. On the plus side were the onion soup and garden salad with a light dressing that was simple but very refreshing. The red cabbage was also acceptable, if uninspired.

Things went downhill from there. The salmon was dry from overcooking and the noodles, which should have been slippery with butter, suffered from the same fate; overcooking resulted in a
sticky mass. The potato dumpling was inedible, a large grey lump of what tasted like a raw flour paste. The sauerbraten comprised thin slices of what kids like to call "mystery meat" slathered with a gummy gravy. It was essentially flavorless, not the lively commingling of sweet, sour and ginger that normally characterizes this hearty dish.

We were disappointed, to say the least, and did not linger for dessert.

P. S. My husband says the beer was good.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Bonnie C
“Great German Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Having heard and read a number of reviews about Jaegerhaus, we decided to take the plunge and travel to this highly rated establishment. We couldn't be happier with the results. My wife and I both had the Weinerschnitzel, spaetel, and red cabbage. What a fine meal. My grandmother, originally from Germany made a great red cabbage, but this was even better. The Schnitzel was a light as a feather. Unfortunately, the Spaetel was not up to our liking, but still good. The restaurant is small, but the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was very nice. My only advice, is to make reservations, especially during the busy season. We didn't and had to wait, but it was worth the time.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BikerBob1
Naples, Florida
“Spartan decor and Minimalist Food!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Recently reopened in a new location. My wife and I thought we should give it a try. With no lit signage it is difficult to find at nite. This new place has very modest decor which does nothing to create an air of expectation or quality dining. Clearly the owners of this eatery don't believe in attractive food presentation as well. The entrees come served bare ( little or no garnish or creative presentation). The sides are served in what used to be known in the industry as monkee dishes. Again, no thought to visual appeal. We had reservations for 7pm on a Friday evening. Who would have thought that they would be out of the salad dressing I ordered or one of the very common sides I ordered? All this with a half empty dining room.
The schnitzel my wife ordered was well prepared and served hot. The bratwurst special I had tasted more like a Johnsonville brat than an authentic German wurst. The spinach side and red cabbage side were nothing to write back to Germany about.
All-in-all you get a whiff of German cuisine but if you want the real deal, buy yourself a ticket to Munich.....