“make sure you go on a warm day!”
Review of Sun-N-Fun Lagoon

Sun-N-Fun Lagoon
Ranked #24 of 129 things to do in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Please call 320-252-4021 for hours of operation. We tend to follow the local schools: When the children have the day off we are open and when they are in school we are closed.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

So, we have a 2, 4 and 6 year old and went to visit this city run attraction. It was nice outside that day we went but when we got there, it suddenly seemed so windy. Apparently, this is not uncommon. Make sure you try and go on a hot day.
I forgot the coupon from the Florida Fun Guide at home and asked if they would honour it, she said, "no, not unless I had a paper copy". She didnt tell me that there was a box with "florida fun guides" in it directly behind me. It wasnt until I turned around that I noticed it. I asked if there was a coupon in those books and she responded, "mmmmm hmmmmm". She could have told me that from the get go. Bit wierd.
Very good value. Only my 6 year old could use the water slide but all enjoyed the lazy river and the big pools with the squirters, which was heated. Baby area not heated at all and FREEEEEZING cold. Odd, considering it's meant for 'babies'
You are not allowed to bring outside food or drink, but we were brazen and smuggled sandwiches and drinks (big risk takers). Glad we did. Food there junky and pricey.
Overall, kids had a blast and great value for a day's fun, especially if you compare it to privately run parks. Will visit again

All reviews
"whole family"
in 12 reviews
"shaded areas"

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Rates per person $12 but worth it if you have active kids. Great for teenagers. Lines were not too long even on Saturday afternoon. Food quality is poor but inexpensive.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We took our kids here at 3pm on a Sunday, reason being is they are only open weekends during Spring. No big deal, we should have looked at their site earlier to see they would not be open on Monday. However with only 2hrs left before closing, they offer no discount - it's the same price even if you arrived at 10am and spent the entire day.

My 5 year old was very excited for the water slide, however after arriving we saw that you have to be 48" tall. Before entering, we asked the employee if we could ride the slides with the kids, but for safety reasons we could not. What's safer than a parent riding with a kid? My daughter was disappointed but the woman said there was so much more we could do, that is would be a fun day. We reminded her we only had less than 2hrs before closing.

*note after getting home and navigating their site, we found the 48" height rule under #21 of frequently asked questions and the 11th header under General Info (lower than "can i smoke in the park" and what's the water temperature"

We entered and after searching for 10min for somebody to get change for a dollar to put our stuff in the locker (umm, a simple change machine by the lockers is not a genius idea but pretty practical), we went to the lazy river. It is what it is, 9-14 year olds jumping around and having fun, that's fine. But for our 5 and 2.5 yr old, they were quickly bored.

'Regular' Pool:
We went to the regular pool which was about 3.6 feet deep and were quickly told our 2.5 year old couldn't wear her swimmie (for safety reasons), hmmm me thinks it would be a lot safer than letting her sink. A few activities in this pool for 9-13yr olds who were having fun.

Kiddie pool:
For kids under 6. My 5 year old was up to her knees at the deepest point, so she was done with it after 54 seconds. My 2.5 year old was entertained for about 4 minutes.

The other pool:
Was for older kids with diving boards.

We left at that point. We probably would have had a much better experience if we could have ridden the slides with them, that is all kids that age want to do at that age.

For all of the reasons above they got the 1 star...and I didn't even nit-pick the lil things they could have done better.

2  Thank HobartLane
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Sun-n-Fun is a great stop for families visiting Naples as well as locals. It's big enough to offer something for all ages but small enough that you can keep track of kids easily. There are different pools for different ages and the slides are perfect for children older than toddler age. The food available is relatively inexpensive and not bad for park food. There is also a very fun park outside the entrance and an area where you can picnic close by if you don't want to purchase food. This is a don't miss attraction in Naples.