“A Good Day Out”

Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
Ranked #9 of 124 things to do in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Much more than a walk-thru zoo, this historic tropical garden and nationally accredited zoo features a full day of wildlife experiences to delight guests with the natural world to inspire the conservation of our planet's remaining wild areas and their wondrous inhabitants. Discover the wonders of South America featuring a Giant anteater, Cotton-top tamarins, and more. Get wildly close to the Malayan tigers at viewing windows. Hand-feed the herd of giraffe plus enjoy your favorite animals like lions, monkeys, and bears. Naples Zoo is one of only four zoos in the nation to feature the fierce YouTube-favorites: African honey badgers. Plus discover rarely seen species including Malagasy fosas and 2 of less than 20 striped hyenas in the nation. Ask those questions you've always wondered about at the Meet the Keeper Series. Be fascinated by rare creatures during premier wildlife shows. Cruise through islands of monkeys, lemurs, and apes. Watch our professional staff hand-feed American alligators while dispelling popular myths. Snap great photos and learn the facts behind the fiction at a venomous snake talk. It's wild fun from apes to zebras. Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens is a nonprofit organization cooperating in conservation programs both in and outside the wild for endangered species. The zoo is nationally accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the organization that sets the highest standards for wildlife care, education, and conservation. The garden also holds accreditation by The Morton Register of Arboreta and is a member of the American Public Gardens Association.
Kent UK
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A Good Day Out”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

It is a very pleasant zoo to walk around and there is a reasonable selection of animals from all parts of the world. The zoo's strength was the 'shows' put on by the keepers. They were delivered in a light hearted humorous manner but were very interesting and informative. Included in the ticket price was a cruise around islands where monkeys lived which was good fun. We were there on a hot day and a number of the drink machines around the zoo were not working and the water fountains were not working either. The staff were friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Lesley M

• Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Add feeding the giraffes to your bucket list!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The woman who sold us our tickets was over the top amazing. We arrived late in the afternoon and she told us exactly how to scamper from one show to the boat ride and the tiger feeding so we could get it all in. The giraffe feeding was the highlight if my month. (Ok-I am easily amused). I will be dragging the niece and nephews here this summer on their annual visit from Paris. Thank you Naples Zoo staff for a great afternoon!!!

Riverside, Rhode Island, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great small zoo”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm hoping to get there again next winter. In my experience, small zoos are often more fun, not to mention less challenging than huge ones. This one is especially good: clean, plenty to do, friendly staff, etc. I loved the one animal talk we attended; it was about poisonous reptiles, I admit not my favorite subject, but the keepers were well informed, personable, and delighted to share their potentially nasty friends. Boat ride among the monkey islands a joy; who knew that monkeys can swim but don't know they can. Hope my teenage grandchildren will like it as I fully intend to take them there.

Visited January 2013
Naples, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Small but fun”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The zoo is small compared to some we have been to in the past but it was fun. We went on a free day for collier county residents which was a mistake. It was way to crowded and quite annoying for us as we speak only English! We will go on a non free day when we return. As far as the zoo there was a lot of different animals to see and our children enjoyed the boat ride. The gift shop had a lot to choose from but was pricey. They had vendors throughout the zoo but again pricey. My husband enjoyed having a beer though. I rated it very good because it seemed the animals were well taken care of ! Will return and recommend to everyone except the first Saturday of the month stay away on that day unless u like crowds.

“~Fun little zoo~”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I took my 7 year old son here for the day and he really enjoyed it! It's a smaller zoo then we are used to but it was very clean and well taken care of. There is Also a boat ride that takes you out to see the islands where the monkeys live! It was a little pricey to get in but where else can you ride a camel and feed the giraffes!

Visited April 2013