“Fantastic trip”

Capt. Tony Fontana - Private Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Providing excellent fishing charters in Naples, Florida. All inclusive charter providing license, tackle, bait and beverages. Catch snook, tarpon and redfish on your adventure. See website for details.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went out with Capt. Tony a few weeks back and had a fantastic trip. Capt. Tony put us on the fish immediately. He was very knowledgeable and more than willing to answer any questions we had. I have been out with a lot of Captains and this was by far the best trip we've had. I would recommed Captain Tony to anyone looking to go out on the water.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We have fished with Tony before this trip and had a fantastic time backwater fishing in March 2009. This time our visit was in June so it was time for Tarpon. I had been in contact with Tony via e-mail as we planned our trip and he was happy to reply with fishing reports and his availability. We booked two days and had a great time.

Day one we met at 6:45 to head out to get bait and go after Tarpon in the Sanibel beach area. The Tarpon were active and we saw rolling all around us all day. My wish was for my 16 year old son to tackle a Tarpon that weighed more than he did. Tony was successful in fulfilling my wish. After fighting a huge Tarpon for over 30 minutes, my son landed a Tarpon that was around 72 inches long and 40 inches in girth. This would make it weigh in the 130-150 lbs range. Unbelievable!! Tony did such a great job in coaching my son in how to fight such a large fish as it ran and jumped time after time. We had numerous other hookups that day.
The second day we met Tony again for another trip to the same area. After getting bait, we headed for Sanibel beach. We saw the Tarpon rolling on a school of bait fish when we approached and within two minutes we had hooked up with a double. My son and I each fought a nice Tarpon for 10-15 minutes getting "leaders touched". We had other hookups this day also with my son landing another two but I could not close the deal and get a picture holding one. I still did have three I fought right to the side of the boat before they decided to break free. We can't remember how many contacts we had with Tarpon in the two days we spent with Tony, but I know it was more than any of the other guides that were in the area in the days we were there.
If you want to share a lifetime memory with your family, I can't recommend Tony highly enough. He knows the area, the fish he chases, and how to take care of his clients. He is an all around great guy.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

My husband, son (14) and I booked a 1/2 day charter with Capt. Tony Fontana while on vacation for 1 week in Naples. We caught snook, redfish,ladyfish,jack & trout at many locations in the backwaters about 30 total fish. Tony knew where to find them and how to catch them! We enjoyed it so much we booked another charter with him. He changed it up a bit so we were in different locations and fishing for different species - we still managed about 30 fish!

It was exciting for me (a novice angler) and for my husband and son who are experienced anglers. Tony also gave us a mini-eco tour of the mangroves and a tour of the mansions in the bay along the way. Both times he kept us out 30 minutes beyond our time without an extra charge. We tried to book a 3rd charter for tarpon and shark but he was booked up.

I highly recommend Tony - he's fun, flexible - and most importantly he knows where and how to get the fish! You can tell he loves what he does. His website is naplessaltwaterfishing.com

1  Thank pjoers