“Best eggplant parm you can find ”

Rosedale Brick Oven
Ranked #58 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From delicious soups, salads and appetizers to mouth watering pasta dishes.With aromatic and tantalizing specials of meats and fish, there is something for everyone. Our Wood Burning pizzas will save you the airfare of traveling to Napoli, Italia. Recipes from our New York neighborhoods brought to you and prepared fresh every day. Even our breads are home made. We use only the best imported products available to create dishes you will crave time and time again. •A Tuscan theme with old world brick, tiles and wood that make you feel at ease. •A warm, friendly staff that greets you and welcomes you home. •Watch our pizza and pasta chefs prepare your meal, using only the finest imported and local ingredients to ensure your meal tastes the best. •Watch us prepare our dough and pizza sauce made from imported San Marzano tomatoes. •Our authentic wood-fired brick oven, with its flames in view, sending an aroma throughout that excite your senses. •As you explore the menu, you will find many delicious dishes. Enjoy soft music with songs from the "Rat Pack", Frankie Valli and others. Watch silent video monitors featuring classic black and white movies and photos of old times past. Whether sitting and enjoying a meal, being at the bar sipping a glass of wine or drinking your favorite beer, your senses will be excited. Don't forget our Espresso and desserts. Early bird specials, lunch specials, daily specials and happy hour.
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The eggplant parm is done to perfection. The pizzas are personal sizes and brick oven cooked . Food is consistently delicious.

1  Thank lilkrisk
JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We would like to thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a review. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your selections. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been to a number of restaurants in Naples looking for good pizza. Since this restaurant was highly rated, I expected a great pizza. What a disappointment. We ordered a mushroom pizza and a pepperoni pizza. The crust on both pizzas were very thin. The red sauce tasted like ragu sauce. And there weren't a lot of mushrooms on my pizza. Finally, they both tasted very bland. So I continue my quest for good pizza in Naples......

2  Thank KLMBedford_MA

I'm sorry to read your quest goes on. Just a few pointers....if you may. Food critics, editors and customers have given us great feedback on our pizza for a reason so your friends did not direct you wrong. If I may..... A wood fired, brick oven Pizza Napoletana as described everywhere we publish is just that.... a thin crust pizza. Always was and always will be. You will never find it in your quest being a thicker crust so you can cross out this type of pizza from your quest. Just the mention of Ragu tells me your sauce selection may never let you achieve your goal. We all know that a Ragu sauce in it's true form is a meat sauce ,not to be found on a pizza, but the one you are referring to is the jarred kind and not found in many Italian kitchens. Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your quest

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Had this "gem" on our list to return for another meal on our return to Naples. We were not disappointed. Called ahead for an idea on wait time, (no reservations here) and were accurately told the approx wait time.. We lucked out and were seated quickly. Wait staff was again attentive and pleasant this visit, explaining some dishes as we further explored the menu. We enjoyed the following dishes: primavera sauce with rigatoni and grilled chicken. Can I say PERFECTION! I ordered it cooked a minute longer this time ( see last review) as was suggested by the owner in his comments on my last review ) for my tastes..great! Chicken was cooked perfectly, enough broth/liquid, veggies light and crisp not soggy. And my meal was HOT! Kudos to the Chef and staff for getting All our meals out quickly. The serving size is larger here so actually had leftovers the following night... And it was so good. We ordered a plain sauce pasta dish with meatballs, ( and yes I admit To having some... It's worth the xtra walking ill do after all the great food, but I digress...it was Excellent... Moist and Oh so flavorful!!!!) a chicken Marsala dish ( that guest enjoyed it very much saying it was the best he s had) an A la vodka dish (this guest said it was yummy and also a large serving..with chicken), a chicken parm dish (also enjoyed)!! We had started with a large Caesar salad which was enough to share among 4 of us that wanted some. And thought we d try the wings. Well, we dove into those perfectly cooked onions on that plate, lol...and the wings were crispy (unlike some that are drippy/soggy) and delicious, certainly enough for the 5 of us to thoroughly enjoy. Even the rolls with the dipping oil/spices were Very good...served fresh and warm.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals, the atmosphere, and the various wines and drinks. The dishes were cleared when needed, so we never felt overrun with plates at our table...appreciated!

A nice surprise, the owner stopped by our table this visit and we had a pleasant chat about our current home search here and being fellow Long Islanders/NY'ers. We ve sent family and friends here and will continue to do so.
Bottom line... If you re looking for some good Italian food, well prepared, a comfy atmosphere, attentive staff and appreciate a clean place to boot, you don't have to travel down to 5th.....Try Rosedales, I don't think you d be disappointed. Enjoy!

2  Thank Cre8tiv16

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It was great reading you enjoyed your second visit as much as the first and the experience from food to service as much as you did. We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had dinner. Pizza and spaghetti and meatballs. Pizza was undercooked. We took leftover home and heated it up in a hot oven the next day and got the crust crusty. At the restaurant it was doughy. Spaghetti and meatballs were good and plenty of them. Got seated right away without reservations. The place was packed. Too many other choices in Naples to go back.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our first and last visit. In our party was my grandson who is a very picky eater. Before going his mother called to see if they had plain pizzas. They said they did. Among the orders we places was an order for a "plain cheese pizza". Tha sales we order were OK,, the pasta order was fine but the "plain cheese pizza" was a strange object the wait person called a Margarita pizza and said that that was their plain cheese pizza and if I had read the menu i would know that.

Rudeness notwithstanding and because e they claimed to be unable to make any other form of plain chess pizza we ate the pizza presented. It was by far the worst Margarita pizza I have ever had. I have never found a pizza place that could not produce a simple plain cheese pizza but arrantly I found one at Rosedale!

2  Thank Commadore

I am sorry your Grandsons selection led to your negative review. Our website, menu and evry article we have been in states we serve Margherita pizzas, Pizza Napoletana as if in Italia. We sometimes take the basil off at the request of parents who are familiar with these pizzas for their children. We also cook them with shredded mozzarella cheese at the same type of request for the children or adults but knowing what a Margherita pizza is leads them to this request. I am puzzled, however, in your remark that it was the worst Margherita you have ever tasted when you also say it was a strange object you had not heard of. None the less, thank you for the feedback